Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Wishlist: Search Tool

when searching in one or more folders the result is found in a search result folder - isn´t that exactly the same function ?

<P>when searching in one or more folders the result is found in a search result folder - isn´t that exactly the same function ? </P>

Could you integrate a search tool that allows to search just within a folder and displays only the messages that match the query within the folder?

<p>Could you integrate a search tool that allows to search just within a folder and displays only the messages that match the query within the folder?</p><p> </p>

there is the option "search the current folder only" - isn't exactely, what you want ?

yours

ernst

<P>there is the option "search the current folder only" - isn't exactely, what you want ?</P> <P>yours</P> <P>ernst</P>

nope. more like the search function of thunderbird.

Phil 

<p>nope. more like the search function of thunderbird.</p><p> </p><p>Phil </p>

[quote user="ducky273"]You should have a look at it. I find it very handy.[/quote]

You might as well describe it.  I'm not going to install Thunderbird just to find out what you like about it's search function.

Regards,

<p>[quote user="ducky273"]You should have a look at it. I find it very handy.[/quote]</p><p>You might as well describe it.  I'm not going to install Thunderbird just to find out what you like about it's search function.</p><p>Regards,</p><p>  </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]You might as well describe it.[/quote]

I hadn't looked at it before. I just did. It looks not be as powerful as Pegasus's -- no sign that it can search by regular expression, for example.

I take it that when the OP said "displays only the messages that match the query within the folder"  he meant that literally -- not "searches" but "displays". It's like a filtered view on the folder. You can activate a function to save the search in a folder. I don't know whether that's a "smart mailbox" like the Mac's Mail.app has, but there's nothing to say so, so perhaps not. However that may be, saving the search as a folder is an option not the default.

I suspect what the OP is asking for is what one might call filtered views onto a selected folder -- filtered through a search-term that is.

<p>[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]You might as well describe it.[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I hadn't looked at it before. I just did. It looks not be as powerful as Pegasus's -- no sign that it can search by regular expression, for example.</p><p> </p><p>I take it that when the OP said "<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 12px; text-align: left; ">displays only the messages that match the query within the folder"  he meant that literally -- not "searches" but "displays". It's like a filtered view on the folder. You can activate a function to save the search in a folder. I don't know whether that's a "smart mailbox" like the Mac's Mail.app has, but there's nothing to say so, so perhaps not. However that may be, saving the search as a folder is an option not the default.</span></p><p> </p><p>I suspect what the OP is asking for is what one might call filtered views onto a selected folder -- filtered through a search-term that is.</p>

> I suspect what the OP is asking for is what one might call filtered

views onto a selected folder -- filtered through a search-term that is.

Exactly. Well put. Thank you. :-) 

<p>> I suspect what the OP is asking for is what one might call filtered views onto a selected folder -- filtered through a search-term that is.</p><p> </p><p>Exactly. Well put. Thank you. :-) </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft