Community Discussions and Support
VCALENDAR

Thanks Brian Fluet, for the instruction documentation.  I must put it in the next update to PMIcal.   I have added some code into PMIcal to detect the meaningless filename in the attachment description (either '.' (dot) or '-' (dash). The effect will be to examine the first line of every attachment when this mis-named attachment name occurs, and see if it contains the "BEGIN:VCALENDAR" line.

I will try to get the update released to Community within the next couple of weeks.I am not looking forward to the next Microsoft Office update for Windows 10, due anytime soon, as it will probably throw more wrinkles again into vCalendar.

Martin

<p>Thanks Brian Fluet, for the instruction documentation.  I must put it in the next update to PMIcal.   I have added some code into PMIcal to detect the meaningless filename in the attachment description (either '.' (dot) or '-' (dash). The effect will be to examine the first line of every attachment when this mis-named attachment name occurs, and see if it contains the "BEGIN:VCALENDAR" line.</p><p>I will try to get the update released to Community within the next couple of weeks.I am not looking forward to the next Microsoft Office update for Windows 10, due anytime soon, as it will probably throw more wrinkles again into vCalendar. </p><p>Martin </p>

mails from outlook-users that use calendar functions are not handled nice in pegasus

the mail starts like this...

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 12.0 MIMEDIR//EN
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:REQUEST
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VEVENT

the text looks cryptic and is difficult to read.

is there a possibillity to avoid this ? 

perhaps in future versions of pegasus ?

best regards kh

<p>mails from outlook-users that use calendar functions are not handled nice in pegasus </p><p>the mail starts like this...</p><p>BEGIN:VCALENDAR PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 12.0 MIMEDIR//EN VERSION:2.0 METHOD:REQUEST X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE BEGIN:VEVENT  ....</p><p>the text looks cryptic and is difficult to read.</p><p>is there a possibillity to avoid this ?  </p><p>perhaps in future versions of pegasus ? </p><p>best regards kh </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

There is currently no support for VCalendar in Pegasus Mail, but it is expected in the near future along with exchanging of data from other mail systems.

There is currently no support for VCalendar in Pegasus Mail, but it is expected in the near future along with exchanging of data from other mail systems.

I missed a vcalendar attachment in amongst other attachments. It was just labelled as "Text" with no name. I am using Pegasus V4.63 which I think is the most recent version. Is there any news on Pegasus providing support for vcalendar attachments?

<p>I missed a vcalendar attachment in amongst other attachments. It was just labelled as "Text" with no name. I am using Pegasus V4.63 which I think is the most recent version. Is there any news on Pegasus providing support for vcalendar attachments?</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Check out PMIcal available in the Downloads section of this site (in Add-Ons, Pegasus Mail).  Details, installation, and usage info is contained in a txt file included in the download.  

<p>Check out PMIcal available in the Downloads section of this site (in Add-Ons, Pegasus Mail).  Details, installation, and usage info is contained in a txt file included in the download.   </p>

Thanks for the link.

I have downloaded and installed it and added to the content viewers. My issue is that the vcalendar attachments seem to come to me with no file name so the content viewers by extension does not kick in. On the attachments page, it just shows as type Text , File Name is a - , no Description and a Size of 1.4k. If I highlight it I can see the headers, BEGIN:VCALENDAR

METHOD:REQUEST etc, but the Open button does not do anything.

Is there a way around this? 

<p>Thanks for the link. </p><p> </p><p>I have downloaded and installed it and added to the content viewers. My issue is that the vcalendar attachments seem to come to me with no file name so the content viewers by extension does not kick in. On the attachments page, it just shows as type Text , File Name is a - , no Description and a Size of 1.4k. If I highlight it I can see the headers, <font size="2">BEGIN:VCALENDAR METHOD:REQUEST etc, but the Open button does not do anything. </font></p><p> </p><p>Is there a way around this? </p>

Below is the content of a text file I created to remind me of PMIcal usage.  I use it in a small business environment with Pegasus Mail residing on a server.  You will need to change the "Always Run" line to your specific path.  Also be aware that this rule only triggers when the message is unread and in the New Mail folder.  Once the message is read or moved to a different folder PMIcal is no longer invoked.  I set the message color as a visual notification of calendar content.

Implementation of the PMiCAL add-on for Pegasus Mail
Created by BGF on 3/15/13
Modified by BGF on 8/8/14
   -added additional rules suggested by Martin Irelam

Follow the installation instructions contained in the pmical.zip download for basic functionality which provides viewing of the contents of .ics and .vcs file attachments by opening them from within Pegasus Mail.

PMiCAL also has the ability to display the content of embedded vCalendar streams however this requires the use of new mail filtering rules to detect the content and pass it on to PMiCal.  The following rules work as of this writing but PMiCAL is under continual development so these rules may change.  Note: The purpose of the "Always Highlight "4"" rule is to change the message color to green in order to identify the message that triggered PMiCAL.

Add to each users winrules.pmc file:

Label "The following two rules were added by DECC IT department"
If expression body matches "BEGIN:VCALENDAR" Goto "vCalendar"
If expression body matches "Content-Type: text/calendar*" Goto "vCalendar"
Always Exit ""   NOTE:  This rule MUST be the last rule before Labels and may already exist.

Label "vCalendar"
Label "This label was added by your IT department"
Always Run "\\\\winserv02\\sharedapps\\pmail\\pmical.exe %s"
Always Highlight "4"    Comment: set color to dark green
Always Exit ""

--------------------------------
Additional rules suggested my Martin Irelam to assure the detection of a vCalendar stream

If attachment ExtnPart contains ".ics,.vcs" Goto "vcalendar"
If expression both matches "Content-Type: text/calendar" Goto "vcalendar" [Comment: note no asterisk]
If expression body matches "QkVHSU46VkNBTEVOREFS" Goto "vcalendar"   [Comment:  Base64 encoded "BEGIN:VCALENDAR" first line of file]

<p>Below is the content of a text file I created to remind me of PMIcal usage.  I use it in a small business environment with Pegasus Mail residing on a server.  You will need to change the "Always Run" line to your specific path.  Also be aware that this rule only triggers when the message is unread and in the New Mail folder.  Once the message is read or moved to a different folder PMIcal is no longer invoked.  I set the message color as a visual notification of calendar content.</p><p> </p><p>Implementation of the PMiCAL add-on for Pegasus Mail Created by BGF on 3/15/13 Modified by BGF on 8/8/14    -added additional rules suggested by Martin Irelam Follow the installation instructions contained in the pmical.zip download for basic functionality which provides viewing of the contents of .ics and .vcs file attachments by opening them from within Pegasus Mail. PMiCAL also has the ability to display the content of embedded vCalendar streams however this requires the use of new mail filtering rules to detect the content and pass it on to PMiCal.  The following rules work as of this writing but PMiCAL is under continual development so these rules may change.  Note: The purpose of the "Always Highlight "4"" rule is to change the message color to green in order to identify the message that triggered PMiCAL. Add to each users winrules.pmc file: Label "The following two rules were added by DECC IT department" If expression body matches "BEGIN:VCALENDAR" Goto "vCalendar" If expression body matches "Content-Type: text/calendar*" Goto "vCalendar" Always Exit ""   NOTE:  This rule MUST be the last rule before Labels and may already exist. Label "vCalendar" Label "This label was added by your IT department" Always Run "\\\\winserv02\\sharedapps\\pmail\\pmical.exe %s" Always Highlight "4"    Comment: set color to dark green Always Exit "" -------------------------------- Additional rules suggested my Martin Irelam to assure the detection of a vCalendar stream If attachment ExtnPart contains ".ics,.vcs" Goto "vcalendar" If expression both matches "Content-Type: text/calendar" Goto "vcalendar" [Comment: note no asterisk] If expression body matches "QkVHSU46VkNBTEVOREFS" Goto "vcalendar"   [Comment:  Base64 encoded "BEGIN:VCALENDAR" first line of file] </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft