Community Discussions and Support
The spam filter in v4.41 Win32

I searched for the WI_sph.ini file and had 4 of them. Each one for a different mail box. 3 of them were set to 0 and the 4th one to 1. That 4th one was not the mail box in question but, after setting it to 0 the problem seems to have corrected itself in the mail box that was having the problem. Thank you for all your help.

Strat

<P>I searched for the WI_sph.ini file and had 4 of them. Each one for a different mail box. 3 of them were set to 0 and the 4th one to 1. That 4th one was not the mail box in question but, after setting it to 0 the problem seems to have corrected itself in the mail box that was having the problem. Thank you for all your help. </P> <P>Strat</P>

I unchecked the spam filtering because it kept putting messages that were not spam into the spam folder. I don't get much spam anyway that gets through the filters at postini.com. Even after I moved them and added them to the allowed list it continues to keep filtering the mail box and I'm at a lost as to making it stop. I even deleted the folders and the program re-made them. Any suggestions?

I unchecked the spam filtering because it kept putting messages that were not spam into the spam folder. I don't get much spam anyway that gets through the filters at postini.com. Even after I moved them and added them to the allowed list it continues to keep filtering the mail box and I'm at a lost as to making it stop. I even deleted the folders and the program re-made them. Any suggestions?

you´re talking about spamhalter ?

most important with spamhalter is, that you train your database with "good" mails and with spam, so that the engine has a basis to classify the incoming mails.

<P>you´re talking about spamhalter ?</P> <P>most important with spamhalter is, that you train your database with "good" mails and with spam, so that the engine has a basis to classify the incoming mails.</P>

Yes. The box for enabling it is "un-checked" and it's still working as if it was checked.

Yes. The box for enabling it is "un-checked" and it's still working as if it was checked.

[quote user="Strat"]Yes. The box for enabling it is "un-checked" and it's still working as if it was checked.[/quote]

Quite strange.... 

Are you sure it's spamfilter and not Content Control that is moving your messages?

<p>[quote user="Strat"]Yes. The box for enabling it is "un-checked" and it's still working as if it was checked.[/quote]</p><p>Quite strange.... </p><p>Are you sure it's spamfilter and not Content Control that is moving your messages? </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

... or perhaps a filter-rule ?

i don´t use spamhalter with pegasus, because i use it with mercury, but ... have you viewed the header of the mail ? do they have any sign, that spamhalter has processed them ? (in mercury there are one or more header-lines added - depending on the configuration)

<P>... or perhaps a filter-rule ?</P> <P>i don´t use spamhalter with pegasus, because i use it with mercury, but ... have you viewed the header of the mail ? do they have any sign, that spamhalter has processed them ? (in mercury there are one or more header-lines added - depending on the configuration)</P>

I've never used content control. I checked the filtering rules and there are none. Think I should just re-install v4.41 and see if that cures the problem? Ini file to look at?

I've never used content control. I checked the filtering rules and there are none. Think I should just re-install v4.41 and see if that cures the problem? Ini file to look at?

[quote user="Strat"]I've never used content control. I checked the filtering rules and there are none. Think I should just re-install v4.41 and see if that cures the problem? Ini file to look at?[/quote]

No, reinstalling the program never solves a data problem as it doesn't even touch the data. Check the content of WI_sph.ini, the enabled line must have a zero. You can open that file in notepad. You can copy paste the content if you like.

<p>[quote user="Strat"]I've never used content control. I checked the filtering rules and there are none. Think I should just re-install v4.41 and see if that cures the problem? Ini file to look at?[/quote]</p><p>No, reinstalling the program never solves a data problem as it doesn't even touch the data. Check the content of WI_sph.ini, the enabled line must have a zero. You can open that file in notepad. You can copy paste the content if you like. </p><p> </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft