Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Blind copy

Thank you for that information. I've printed that onto a card and posted it next to the computer.

Strat

<P>Thank you for that information. I've printed that onto a card and posted it next to the computer.</P> <P>Strat</P>

I'd like to have the program to have a "default" of suppressing all addresses when sending to a mailing list. One that would require entering "yes" on a subscreen to over-ride it. We've accidentially exposed email addresses on a couple of occasions.

I'd like to have the program to have a "default" of suppressing all addresses when sending to a mailing list. One that would require entering "yes" on a subscreen to over-ride it. We've accidentially exposed email addresses on a couple of occasions.

you´re talking about distribution lists - right ?

there is the possibility to define in the distribution-list-settings that the addresses are suppressed. then list lists addresses are not exposed to the recipients. does that meet your needs ?

<P>you´re talking about distribution lists - right ?</P> <P>there is the possibility to define in the distribution-list-settings that the addresses are suppressed. then list lists addresses are not exposed to the recipients. does that meet your needs ?</P>

Yes, anything that would be fool proof. How would I do that?

Yes, anything that would be fool proof. How would I do that?

it is very well described in the distribution-list-settings-dialog - and in the help:

To field (suppressing the list of recipients): Entering an address in this field will force Pegasus Mail to suppress the listing of all the recipients' addresseses in the To: field when you use the list. Instead of showing every member of the list, the To: field will contain only what you enter here. Because of the way Internet mail works, you cannot simply enter any piece of text in this field -- you must enter something which can be legally processed as if it were an address. We recommend that you use the following format to create the contents of this field:

"(descriptive text)" <(your own address)>

Replace (descriptive text) with a meaningful name for the mailing list, and put your own address where it says (your own address). Recipients will almost always see the descriptive text instead of your address so it will not seem as strange as it sounds. The quote characters around (descriptive text) and the angle bracket characters around (your own address) are vitally important and must be included exactly as shown. It is not possible to suppress the recipient list for MHS mail and this field will be ignored for MHS messages.

&lt;P&gt;it is very well described in the distribution-list-settings-dialog - and in the help:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;To field (suppressing the list of recipients): Entering an address in this field will force Pegasus Mail to suppress the listing of all the recipients&#039; addresseses in the To: field when you use the list. Instead of showing every member of the list, the To: field will contain only what you enter here. Because of the way Internet mail works, you cannot simply enter any piece of text in this field -- you must enter something which can be legally processed as if it were an address. We recommend that you use the following format to create the contents of this field:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&quot;(descriptive text)&quot; &amp;lt;(your own address)&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Replace (descriptive text) with a meaningful name for the mailing list, and put your own address where it says (your own address). Recipients will almost always see the descriptive text instead of your address so it will not seem as strange as it sounds. The quote characters around (descriptive text) and the angle bracket characters around (your own address) are vitally important and must be included exactly as shown. It is not possible to suppress the recipient list for MHS mail and this field will be ignored for MHS messages.&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft