Community Discussions and Support
Winmail.dat files instead of word documents and pdf-files!!

Thanks!
By the way - found a great little webb-based app which automatically converts the the winmail.dat file to it´s oroginal file format on the webb:

Might be of interest to others getting the some problem!

Jon 
<div> </div><div> </div><div>Thanks!</div><div>By the way - found a great little webb-based app which automatically converts the the winmail.dat file to it´s oroginal file format on the webb:</div><div> </div><div> <a href="http://tud.at/php/tnef/">http://tud.at/php/tnef/</a></div><div> </div><div>Might be of interest to others getting the some problem!</div><div> </div><div>Jon </div>

Hallo!

I am using Pegasus since 20 years and it is working fine. Just now on 4.61 under Vista on my main computer. I get emails daily from about 15 different companies and all works well except one. For one specific company the attachments arrives in a corrupted format as a file names winmail.dat.

I had this years ago from another company as well but then it suddenly went away.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong - anything I can do at my end to fix this or??

Jon 

<div> </div><div> </div><div>Hallo!</div><div> </div><div>I am using Pegasus since 20 years and it is working fine. Just now on 4.61 under Vista on my main computer. I get emails daily from about 15 different companies and all works well except one. For one specific company the attachments arrives in a corrupted format as a file names winmail.dat.</div><div> </div><div>I had this years ago from another company as well but then it suddenly went away.</div><div> </div><div>Any suggestions on what could be wrong - anything I can do at my end to fix this or??</div><div> </div><div>Jon </div><div> </div><div> </div>

There is an add on for Pegasus called Fentun.exe which will extract these attachments.  As I understand it these files should only be sent internally but many exchange installations are incorrectly set up and send them externally.  the file format is a microsoft thing.

There is an add on for Pegasus called Fentun.exe which will extract these attachments.  As I understand it these files should only be sent internally but many exchange installations are incorrectly set up and send them externally.  the file format is a microsoft thing.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft