Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Back to an Archiving System again

Hello Pegasorum:

I have, on occasion, asked whether there can be an easy Archiving system established in Pegasus.

A good while ago, Steeley posted:[quote user="Steeley"]Over the years I have accumulated quite a large number of folders and

"old mail" that, rather than dump to a text file, it would be quite

handy to "archive" and remove from the default indexing at start-up and

automatic listing in the folder view.

The way I'd envision it working is to create an archive section, pick

the drive and location for the archive (not necessarily the Pegasus

working drive), and then create, copy, and/or move individual

folders and their messages into the archive.

This way if I need to pull up an old email record, I can do it from

within Pegasus, click on Archive, find the folder (if I have to wait

while it's mounted, that's fine..)... [/quote]and

[quote user="Steeley"] However, while digging through the technical support section and earlier

suggestions, I've discovered several others making similar requests,

and David making mention last summer of consideration after the Mercury

release. Such as that is, it appears it is neither a feature in a

currently-available Pegasus, nor a unique (nor ignored) suggestion.

Hence we should put it in the "not yet" category and all that

it implies. [/quote]

Ideally, I would like to drag my folder "Clients2009", ( with dozens of Folders within Folders within folders, and  scores of messages and their associated attachments within those folders) and drop the whole caboodle over to the Archive folder. It would then be out of the rather large collection of things that have to be currently loaded and unloaded every time that I open up Pegasus. Actually, I have Main Folders like that one going back almost 10 years...

I am wondering, now that the Mercury development has reached the end of

its current v4's, if this request has bubbled up from the "maybe" to the

"about-to-be-included' list of features?

Or, should I give up on this one, and try Mailbag Assistant or some other solution?

<p>Hello Pegasorum:</p><p>I have, on occasion, asked whether there can be an easy Archiving system established in Pegasus.</p><p> A good while ago, Steeley posted:[quote user="Steeley"]Over the years I have accumulated quite a large number of folders and "old mail" that, rather than dump to a text file, it would be quite handy to "archive" and remove from the default indexing at start-up and automatic listing in the folder view.</p> <p>The way I'd envision it working is to create an archive section, pick the drive and location for the archive (not necessarily the Pegasus working drive), and then create, copy, and/or move individual folders and their messages into the archive.</p> <p>This way if I need to pull up an old email record, I can do it from within Pegasus, click on Archive, find the folder (if I have to wait while it's mounted, that's fine..)... [/quote]and </p><p>[quote user="Steeley"] However, while digging through the technical support section and earlier suggestions, I've discovered several others making similar requests, and David making mention last summer of consideration after the Mercury release. Such as that is, it appears it is neither a feature in a currently-available Pegasus, nor a unique (nor ignored) suggestion. Hence we should put it in the "not yet" category and all that it implies. [/quote]</p><p>Ideally, I would like to drag my folder "Clients2009", ( with dozens of Folders within Folders within folders, and  scores of messages and their associated attachments within those folders) and drop the whole caboodle over to the Archive folder. It would then be out of the rather large collection of things that have to be currently loaded and unloaded every time that I open up Pegasus. Actually, I have Main Folders like that one going back almost 10 years... </p><p> I am wondering, now that the Mercury development has reached the end of its current v4's, if this request has bubbled up from the "maybe" to the "about-to-be-included' list of features?</p><p> Or, should I give up on this one, and try Mailbag Assistant or some other solution?</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft