Pegasus Mail Suggestions
How about having a default upgrade to Pegasus 4.61 on Windows 7 64 bit not crash?

4.61 is in it's last days. 4.62 is due out any time now.

Cheers.

<p>4.61 is in it's last days. 4.62 is due out any time now.</p><p>Cheers.</p>

I was running an instance of Pegasus 4.52 on a Windows 7 64 bit system.

I did an upgrade to Pegasus 4.61. Suddenly Pegasus crashed whenever I attempted to open an email.

I then googled around, disabled IERenderer. That got things working. It turns out the default upgrade of  Pegasus 4.61 installed version 2.4.0.3 of IERenderer.

Figuring out how to upgrade IERenderer was not obvious initially - it turns out the zip file contains html documentation plus an exe file installer. (It is necessary to uninstall the older version as well).

I'd suggest the Pegasus 4.61 installer be configured to disable IERenderer until this component stabilizes.

A naive install of a product should not produce a situation where it crashes and people have to google around to figure out what is going on. There needs to be much simpler and more explicit documentation about the state of  IERenderer and how it should be updated.

I was running an instance of Pegasus 4.52 on a Windows 7 64 bit system. I did an upgrade to Pegasus 4.61. Suddenly Pegasus crashed whenever I attempted to open an email. I then googled around, disabled IERenderer. That got things working. It turns out the default upgrade of  Pegasus 4.61 installed version 2.4.0.3 of IERenderer. Figuring out how to upgrade IERenderer was not obvious initially - it turns out the zip file contains html documentation plus an exe file installer. (It is necessary to uninstall the older version as well). <b> I'd suggest the Pegasus 4.61 installer be configured to disable IERenderer until this component stabilizes.</b> A naive install of a product should not produce a situation where it crashes and people have to google around to figure out what is going on. There needs to be much simpler and more explicit documentation about the state of  IERenderer and how it should be updated.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft