Announcements
Pegasus Mail v4.62 released

September 5th 2011: Pegasus Mail v4.62 now available for public distribution

Version 4.62 mainly concentrates on fixing late-breaking

incompatibilities in HTML rendering caused by the release version of

Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 browser. V4.62 users should experience

reliable, high-quality HTML display using this version, with the quality

of rendering being even higher than in previous versions.

• Updated editor  V4.62 also uses a heavily-updated version of

the editor module we use, and has numerous changes in the way editing

buffers are constructed, meaning it should now be able to edit and reply

to much more complex HTML message formats than previous versions, and

editing should be much more reliable.

• Open link in background   You can now Ctrl+Click on any link

in a message to open that link in your web browser without bringing the

browser to the foreground. This allows you to open a succession of links

then work with them when you're ready.

• Signatures overhauled   The way signatures are handled has

been totally overhauled, and you should now find they work considerably

better when you insert them at compose-time.

• Faster POP3 downloads   POP3 downloads should be significantly faster when you have chosen to leave mail on the POP3 server.

Finally, quite a few small bugs, some of them quite long-standing, have now been fixed.

We expect this to be the last release in the V4 family of Pegasus

Mail, with the next release being the first iteration of the V5 family, which we plan to release in a staggered pattern to ensure more regular updates.

I apologize to everyone for the length of time it has taken to get v4.62 out the door - many of the changes it required were quite subtle, and testing has taken a lot longer than we initially expected. I am trying hard to adjust the way development is conducted to allow more regular releases to be made, and hope you will bear with me in the meantime.

Cheers!

-- David --

<b>September 5th 2011: Pegasus Mail v4.62 now available for public distribution</b> <p>Version 4.62 mainly concentrates on fixing late-breaking incompatibilities in HTML rendering caused by the release version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 browser. V4.62 users should experience reliable, high-quality HTML display using this version, with the quality of rendering being even higher than in previous versions.</p> <ul><li><i>Updated editor</i>  V4.62 also uses a heavily-updated version of the editor module we use, and has numerous changes in the way editing buffers are constructed, meaning it should now be able to edit and reply to much more complex HTML message formats than previous versions, and editing should be much more reliable.</li></ul> <ul><li><i>Open link in background</i>   You can now Ctrl+Click on any link in a message to open that link in your web browser without bringing the browser to the foreground. This allows you to open a succession of links then work with them when you're ready.</li></ul> <ul><li><i>Signatures overhauled</i>   The way signatures are handled has been totally overhauled, and you should now find they work considerably better when you insert them at compose-time.</li></ul> <ul><li><i>Faster POP3 downloads</i>   POP3 downloads should be significantly faster when you have chosen to leave mail on the POP3 server.</li></ul> <p>Finally, quite a few small bugs, some of them quite long-standing, have now been fixed.</p> <p>We expect this to be the last release in the V4 family of Pegasus Mail, with the next release being the first iteration of the V5 family, which we plan to release in a staggered pattern to ensure more regular updates. I apologize to everyone for the length of time it has taken to get v4.62 out the door - many of the changes it required were quite subtle, and testing has taken a lot longer than we initially expected. I am trying hard to adjust the way development is conducted to allow more regular releases to be made, and hope you will bear with me in the meantime. Cheers! -- David -- </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft