Pegasus Mail Suggestions
"Change user" - the point of removing this option

[quote user="WarriorLite"]Could it be only me who used the function? [/quote]

A simple forum search would have shown you that you're not the only one and would have revealed to you the reasons for removing it (it was broken), alternative solutions and that it won't ever come back ...

<p>[quote user="WarriorLite"]Could it be only me who used the function? [/quote]</p><p>A simple <a href="/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Change+user&g=6" mce_href="/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=Change+user&g=6" target="_blank">forum search</a> would have shown you that you're not the only one and would have revealed to you the reasons for removing it (it <em>was</em> broken), alternative solutions and that it won't ever come back ...</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Hello

First of all, a big thank you  to all the community involved with development of this wonderful program.

I would like to offer you some feedback concerning one now missing feature.

I guess everyone can find in most apps features one doesn't care about, but to remove an option - I am sure there must have been a good reason to remove "Change User" in the middle of a version. I will write why I think the removal unnecessarily cripples this great software.

I have several users in Pegasus and want them to stay separate.

However, it does happen that I want to answer an email from

another mailbox.Therefore I choose "reply" and change user, then do not

close the message. Like today, when my friend wrote at my company

mailbox, but I want to answer to her private box and quote her message.

Yes, there is a workaround: add identity, or keep sevearl identities in one user, or simple copy message,

leave pegasus, enter pegasus as another user, paste, or start another instance of pegasus and do the pasting, but none does the

trick as neatly as "change user"...

It wasn't broke. Why fix...

Being completely satisfied with the 4.44 versiom I will downgrade, al least until some email technological changes make an update essential.

Could it be only me who used the function?

Greetings

Tomek

<p>Hello </p><p>First of all, a big thank you  to all the community involved with development of this wonderful program.</p><p> </p><p>I would like to offer you some feedback concerning one now missing feature.</p><p> </p><p>I guess everyone can find in most apps features one doesn't care about, but to remove an option - I am sure there must have been a good reason to remove "Change User" in the middle of a version. I will write why I think the removal unnecessarily cripples this great software. </p><p> </p><p>I have several users in Pegasus and want them to stay separate. </p><p>However, it does happen that I want to answer an email from another mailbox.Therefore I choose "reply" and change user, then do not close the message. Like today, when my friend wrote at my company mailbox, but I want to answer to her private box and quote her message. </p><p>Yes, there is a workaround: add identity, or keep sevearl identities in one user, or simple copy message, leave pegasus, enter pegasus as another user, paste, or start another instance of pegasus and do the pasting, but none does the trick as neatly as "change user"...</p><p>It wasn't broke. Why fix... </p><p> Being completely satisfied with the 4.44 versiom I will downgrade, al least until some email technological changes make an update essential. </p><p> </p><p>Could it be only me who used the function? </p><p>Greetings</p><p>Tomek </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft