Community Discussions and Support
Recovering from Back Up CD

Run pconfig.exe from the program directory and reset the HOME and NEW mail directory spec.  The path for the new mail directory should point at the locatin of the pmail.ini file; the home mail directory should pint at the PMM files.  They are probably the same.  With an old version it should look something like c:\pmail\mail and with a new version it should be c:\pmail\mail\admin or c:\pmail\mail\~8  Also since these were recovered from a CDROM make sure they are not marked as read-only.

<p>Run pconfig.exe from the program directory and reset the HOME and NEW mail directory spec.  The path for the new mail directory should point at the locatin of the pmail.ini file; the home mail directory should pint at the PMM files.  They are probably the same.  With an old version it should look something like c:\pmail\mail and with a new version it should be c:\pmail\mail\admin or c:\pmail\mail\~8  Also since these were recovered from a CDROM make sure they are not marked as read-only.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Wow, two years ago I knew this, but I transitioned to a Mac, first Thunderbird, then Gyazmail (which is very good), so my P-mail chops are suffering.

Right now I'm at my Win2K machine.  I have what I believe is one of the old Mail directories from a couple years or back.  I've made a couple of stabs at installing P-mail so that I could dig into these old mail files, but so far no luck.

Among what I see are:

xxxx.PM$

xxxx.PNX 

xxx.CNM

xxxx.pmr and .pml.

Those are P-mail files. 

I also find an old pmail.ini file in the same directory. 

I tried recreating the Pegasus directory structure, with this message folder, then installing Pegasius over it.

I tried copying the contents of this folder into the newly created Admin folder (on a new install).

Neither works. P-mail can see the folder in both cases, but none of the contents.

I'm missing something here that I used to know. Any help is welcome

Barry

<p>Wow, two years ago I knew this, but I transitioned to a Mac, first Thunderbird, then Gyazmail (which is very good), so my P-mail chops are suffering.</p><p>Right now I'm at my Win2K machine.  I have what I believe is one of the old Mail directories from a couple years or back.  I've made a couple of stabs at installing P-mail so that I could dig into these old mail files, but so far no luck.</p><p>Among what I see are:</p><p>xxxx.PM$</p><p>xxxx.PNX </p><p>xxx.CNM</p><p>xxxx.pmr and .pml.</p><p>Those are P-mail files. </p><p>I also find an old pmail.ini file in the same directory. </p><p>I tried recreating the Pegasus directory structure, with this message folder, then installing Pegasius over it.</p><p>I tried copying the contents of this folder into the newly created Admin folder (on a new install).</p><p>Neither works. P-mail can see the folder in both cases, but none of the contents.</p><p>I'm missing something here that I used to know. Any help is welcome</p><p>Barry</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft