Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Filter only when read

The ruleset will only be exited, if the triggering rule will manipulate the mail so that the mail won't remain in that folder after manipultion. Logical in this case there is no need to process further rules.

Sorry ... I'm normaly using CALL, not GOTO. Otherwise it won't be possible  to go back with RETURN from LABEL to "mainrules". Didn't remember because translated it from german Pegasus.

bye   Olaf

P.S. GERMAN: Da ich wegen deines Namens annehme, dass du Deutsch sprichst: wenn du im deutschen Teil des Forums auf deutsch fragst, gibt es auch eine native Antwort :-)

<p>The ruleset will only be exited, if the triggering rule will manipulate the mail so that the mail won't remain in that folder after manipultion. Logical in this case there is no need to process further rules.</p><p>Sorry ... I'm normaly using CALL, not GOTO. Otherwise it won't be possible  to go back with RETURN from LABEL to "mainrules". Didn't remember because translated it from german Pegasus.</p><p> bye   Olaf</p><p> P.S. GERMAN: Da ich wegen deines Namens annehme, dass du Deutsch sprichst: wenn du im deutschen Teil des Forums auf deutsch fragst, gibt es auch eine native Antwort :-)</p><p> </p>

I would like very much a flag in "Filtering new mail when closed" that allows to apply a specific rule only to mail that I have read!

Reason: There are many mails that should automatically be moved to a certain folder, but only after I have read them. Checking all mail folders with unread mail is of limited use because for several of them it is intentional to contain unread mail (move when new mail folder is opened). Currently I have very few mail filtering rules because I am afraid that the mail disappears in some folder before I have seen it. (Often I can't work through all the new mail immediately, i.e. I read some and the close the program.

If I have posted this wish before (I couldn't find such a suggestion, though), I apologize.

System: Pegasus 4.62, Windows7-32, POP3

Oskar

<p>I would like very much a flag in "Filtering new mail when closed" that allows to apply a specific rule only to mail that I have read!</p><p>Reason: There are many mails that should automatically be moved to a certain folder, but only after I have read them. Checking all mail folders with unread mail is of limited use because for several of them it is intentional to contain unread mail (move when new mail folder is opened). Currently I have very few mail filtering rules because I am afraid that the mail disappears in some folder before I have seen it. (Often I can't work through all the new mail immediately, i.e. I read some and the close the program.</p><p>If I have posted this wish before (I couldn't find such a suggestion, though), I apologize.</p><p>System: Pegasus 4.62, Windows7-32, POP3</p><p>Oskar</p>

• Create a rule on attribute "read mail" with action goto 'labelname'
  • Define a rule always with exit at the buttom of your ruleset
  • Define a label with 'labelname' after that
  • after that label put your rules for your read mails
  • after that rules create one rule always with return
Hopefully forgot no step :-)

Bye    Olaf

<ul><li>Create a rule on <b>attribute </b>"read mail" with action <b>goto</b> 'labelname'</li><li>Define a rule always with exit at the buttom of your ruleset </li><li>Define a <b>label </b>with 'labelname' after that </li><li>after that label put your rules for your read mails</li><li>after that rules create one rule <b>always </b>with <b>return</b></li></ul>Hopefully forgot no step :-) <p>Bye    Olaf</p><p> </p>

Wow! Thanks a lot!

I thought that a rule-set was exited after a rule was triggered. Flow control was therefore completely beyond my horizon.

I guess there is a choice for the attribute rule between "call ..." at the beginning or "goto ..." at the end of the regular list. Presently it is a "call" at the beginning.

Bye Oskar

<p>Wow! Thanks a lot! </p><p>I thought that a rule-set was exited after a rule was triggered. Flow control was therefore completely beyond my horizon.</p><p>I guess there is a choice for the attribute rule between "call ..." at the beginning or "goto ..." at the end of the regular list. Presently it is a "call" at the beginning.</p><p>Bye Oskar </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft