Community Discussions and Support
How to speed up Pegasusmail?

[quote user="djmeydey"]

Hi
This could be the problem. But what drivers can I take, but those from HP themself?
I have these printers: HP deskjet 1280 and HP PSC 1210
I really don't know if there are other drivers available.
[/quote]

You can get drivers for these printers directly from HP.  To test is you are really having a printer problem though create a new printer set to print to a file and then use that as the default printer driver.  If things speed up then this is a printer driver problem.

[quote user="djmeydey"]<p>Hi This could be the problem. But what drivers can I take, but those from HP themself? I have these printers: HP deskjet 1280 and HP PSC 1210 I really don't know if there are other drivers available. [/quote]</p><p> You can get drivers for these printers directly from HP.  To test is you are really having a printer problem though create a new printer set to print to a file and then use that as the default printer driver.  If things speed up then this is a printer driver problem.</p><p>  </p>

Hi

I receive 200-300 mails a day.

Sometimes I can't read my mails for a week. Downloading them into pegasusmail is very fast. But when I try to read them, they sometimes load slowly.

I filter the mails to different folders.

Here is what I want:

When I read a mail, click a link to open my browser and click delete, I want that the next mail opens quickly. Now it sometimes takes 10 seconds. It depends on the amount of pictures in the mail.

Is there any possibility to speed up the download of the pictures. My connection is fast enough (20Mbps), so that's not the problem.

Thanks a lot.

<p>Hi</p><p>I receive 200-300 mails a day.</p><p>Sometimes I can't read my mails for a week. Downloading them into pegasusmail is very fast. But when I try to read them, they sometimes load slowly.</p><p>I filter the mails to different folders.</p><p>  Here is what I want:</p><p>When I read a mail, click a link to open my browser and click delete, I want that the next mail opens quickly. Now it sometimes takes 10 seconds. It depends on the amount of pictures in the mail.</p><p>Is there any possibility to speed up the download of the pictures. My connection is fast enough (20Mbps), so that's not the problem.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks a lot.  </p>

This may sound odd, but we recently had a speed issue with Pegasus Mail on a couple PC's.  After much research, I found that it was due to a particular printer driver that was used on those machines.  I changed to a different driver for that printer, and messages were fast again.  Hope this helps!

This may sound odd, but we recently had a speed issue with Pegasus Mail on a couple PC's.  After much research, I found that it was due to a particular printer driver that was used on those machines.  I changed to a different driver for that printer, and messages were fast again.  Hope this helps!

I've seen printer drivers for Windows XP do horrible things to performance; some people here loaded something called a "universal printer driver" and it actually generated network packet storms, so that everyone on the same network switch was slowed down.

<p>I've seen printer drivers for Windows XP do horrible things to performance; some people here loaded something called a "universal printer driver" and it actually generated network packet storms, so that everyone on the same network switch was slowed down.</p>

[quote user="Glen Jackson"]This may sound odd, but we recently had a

speed issue with Pegasus Mail on a couple PC's.  After much research, I

found that it was due to a particular printer driver that was used on

those machines.  I changed to a different driver for that printer, and

messages were fast again.  Hope this helps!
[/quote]

Hi

This could be the problem. But what drivers can I take, but those from HP themself?

I have these printers: HP deskjet 1280 and HP PSC 1210

I really don't know if there are other drivers available.

<p>[quote user="Glen Jackson"]This may sound odd, but we recently had a speed issue with Pegasus Mail on a couple PC's.  After much research, I found that it was due to a particular printer driver that was used on those machines.  I changed to a different driver for that printer, and messages were fast again.  Hope this helps! [/quote] </p><p>Hi</p><p>This could be the problem. But what drivers can I take, but those from HP themself?</p><p>I have these printers: HP deskjet 1280 and HP PSC 1210</p><p>I really don't know if there are other drivers available.  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft