Community Discussions and Support
Messages won't Delete from NewMail folder

Is it possible that the message  (.CNM file) is being deleted by some other action in the background. I have seen where Pegasus has displayed a message in the list of newmail, but in the background (sometimes on the server) a process such as an antivirus program has detected some malware in that message and deleted or quarrentined it. Pegasus still displays that message in the list and attempts to delete it from the list fail.

But, it you close NewMail and re-open, the message is gone. 

The other cause of messages that really are there, not being deleted is that somehow thet have been marked as read-only. When the message is highlighted, press F12 and check that the read-only field is not set. Remove the setting if necessary and continue...

<p>Is it possible that the message  (.CNM file) is being deleted by some other action in the background. I have seen where Pegasus has displayed a message in the list of newmail, but in the background (sometimes on the server) a process such as an antivirus program has detected some malware in that message and deleted or quarrentined it. Pegasus still displays that message in the list and attempts to delete it from the list fail.</p><p>But, it you close NewMail and re-open, the message is gone. </p><p> The other cause of messages that really are there, not being deleted is that somehow thet have been marked as read-only. When the message is highlighted, press F12 and check that the read-only field is not set. Remove the setting if necessary and continue...</p><p> </p><p>  </p>

These problems surfaced soon after I upgraded to 4.41.

Occasionally, a "message" appears in my NewMail folder that appears as a blank entry in the folder.  From reading other posts to this forum, I gather this is probably a Spam in an Asian language that PMail cannot render properly.  I get a LOT of Spam.  I am not looking to being able to open or read the message. 

The problem occurs when I try to delete the message.  PMail will Highlight the blank line, and I can hit the <Delete>, but the line will not disappear.  Ctrl-W does not eliminate the line, nor does the message (or blank line) appear in the Deleted Messages folder.  The only remedy I have found is to close the New Mail folder and then reopen with ctrl-W.

I don't know if this is related, but I also occasionally have a problem where PMail will not delete ANY messages.  This occurs only with Spam.  Generally the scenario is that I receive a number of Spams, I highlight and hit <Delete>, but some or all of the highlighted messages do not disappear to the Deleted Messages folder.

From trial and error, It appears that this problem is caused by just one of the messages.  When the problem occurs, I can often highlight and <delete> some of these persistant messages one at a time, but at some point even that method does not work.  Again, the only remedy is close NewMail and re-open.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?  They are more annoying than critical, but I wonder if eventually these problems will lead to corruption of a folder.

&lt;P&gt;These problems surfaced soon after I upgraded to 4.41.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Occasionally, a &quot;message&quot; appears in my NewMail folder that&amp;nbsp;appears as a&amp;nbsp;blank entry&amp;nbsp;in the folder.&amp;nbsp; From reading other posts to this forum, I gather this is probably a Spam in an Asian language that PMail cannot render properly.&amp;nbsp; I get a LOT of Spam.&amp;nbsp; I am not looking to being able to open or read the message.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;The problem occurs when I try to delete the message.&amp;nbsp; PMail will Highlight the blank line, and I can hit the &amp;lt;Delete&amp;gt;, but the line will not disappear.&amp;nbsp; Ctrl-W does not eliminate the line, nor does the message (or blank line) appear in the Deleted Messages folder.&amp;nbsp; The only remedy I have found is to close the New Mail folder and then reopen with ctrl-W.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;I don&#039;t know if this is related, but I also occasionally have a problem where PMail will not delete ANY messages.&amp;nbsp; This occurs only with Spam.&amp;nbsp; Generally the scenario is that I receive a number of Spams, I highlight and hit &amp;lt;Delete&amp;gt;, but some or all of the highlighted messages do not disappear to the Deleted Messages folder.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;From trial and error, It appears that this problem is caused by just one of the messages.&amp;nbsp; When the problem occurs, I can often highlight and &amp;lt;delete&amp;gt; &lt;EM&gt;some&lt;/EM&gt; of these persistant messages one at a time, but at some point even that method does not work.&amp;nbsp; Again, the only remedy is close NewMail and re-open.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Has anyone else experienced these problems?&amp;nbsp; They are more annoying than critical, but I wonder if eventually these problems will lead to corruption of a folder.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft