Community Discussions and Support
Setting Up Pmail to access email

[quote user="Gene"]

I am using PM 4.41.  I am on vacation and trying send mail using cox.net.  I csn recieve mail great but can't send any.  The error I get to that has something to do with smtp settings.  I need to reply to mail using Pegasus.  Is there anyone out there who can help? Thanks

[/quote]

It's common practice nowedays that you can only send using the server from the location where you actually are logged into. Many ISP's do not allow using their mail server for sending. It might be that cox.net can be used, using any authentication method.

[quote user="Gene"]<p>I am using PM 4.41.  I am on vacation and trying send mail using cox.net.  I csn recieve mail great but can't send any.  The error I get to that has something to do with smtp settings.  I need to reply to mail using Pegasus.  Is there anyone out there who can help? Thanks</p> <p mce_keep="true"> [/quote]</p><p mce_keep="true">It's common practice nowedays that you can only send using the server from the location where you actually are logged into. Many ISP's do not allow using their mail server for sending. It might be that cox.net can be used, using any authentication method. </p><p mce_keep="true"> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

I am using PM 4.41.  I am on vacation and trying send mail using cox.net.  I csn recieve mail great but can't send any.  The error I get to that has something to do with smtp settings.  I need to reply to mail using Pegasus.  Is there anyone out there who can help? Thanks

<P>I am using PM 4.41.  I am on vacation and trying send mail using cox.net.  I csn recieve mail great but can't send any.  The error I get to that has something to do with smtp settings.  I need to reply to mail using Pegasus.  Is there anyone out there who can help? Thanks</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Most likely cox.net is rejecting your emails because you are not passing their authentication, and/or you have the wrong name for their local smtp server.  Go on to their website, identify the location you are now in (they have multiple servers) log into your account, and you should be able to find the setup information that you need.  If not, call their technical support.

Most likely cox.net is rejecting your emails because you are not passing their authentication, and/or you have the wrong name for their local smtp server.  Go on to their website, identify the location you are now in (they have multiple servers) log into your account, and you should be able to find the setup information that you need.  If not, call their technical support.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft