Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Copying rules?

[quote user="MikeTheGuru"]

Hmm, and how do I so?

I've not found any option to move or copy rules from one set to another?[/quote]

That's right ... there is no option like that. But it's no problem, because alle rulefiles are simple textfiles:

• Create that "general rule set" but leave it empty (simply save). Click on rename and you'll see the corresponding filename for that ruleset in lower right of the subwindow. Filename is RULExxxx.PMC
  • Close Pegasus
  •  The "new mail filtering rules" for the inbox of Pegasus reside in your mailbox-directory in file WINRULES.PMC. The file for general ruleset is in same directory.
  • Edit both files and copy content of WINRULES (without first line with "nodisplay:...") to RULExxxx (after the titelline!). Save them.
  • Open Pegasus and apply ruleset to folders
  • done

bye    Olaf

<p>[quote user="MikeTheGuru"] Hmm, and how do I so? I've not found any option to move or copy rules from one set to another?[/quote]</p><p>That's right ... there is no option like that. But it's no problem, because alle rulefiles are simple textfiles:</p><ul><li>Create that "general rule set" but leave it empty (simply save). Click on rename and you'll see the corresponding filename for that ruleset in lower right of the subwindow. Filename is RULExxxx.PMC</li><li>Close Pegasus </li><li> The "new mail filtering rules" for the inbox of Pegasus reside in your mailbox-directory in file WINRULES.PMC. The file for general ruleset is in same directory.</li><li>Edit both files and copy content of WINRULES (without first line with "nodisplay:...") to RULExxxx (after the titelline!). Save them.</li><li>Open Pegasus and apply ruleset to folders</li><li>done</li></ul><p>bye    Olaf</p><p> </p><p> </p>

1. I want to connect to several IMAP profiles at once (Mozilla Thunderbird does).

2. I want that the "new mail filtering rules" to work in "new or unread mail (INBOX)" (in IMAP profiles) as works in POP3 "new mail folder"

<p>1. I want to connect to several IMAP profiles at once (Mozilla Thunderbird does).</p><p>2. I want that the "new mail filtering rules" to work in "new or unread mail (INBOX)" (in IMAP profiles) as works in POP3 "new mail folder"</p><p> </p>

[quote user="aga60"]1. I want to connect to several IMAP profiles at once (Mozilla Thunderbird does).[/quote]

Create as much IMAP profiles as you want. With every profile choose the option "On startup of Pegasus Mail connect to profile" (or something like that ... soryy - translated from german). They will be connected at startup.

[quote]2. I want that the "new mail filtering rules" to work in "new or unread mail (INBOX)" (in IMAP profiles) as works in POP3 "new mail folder"[/quote]

Create a general rule set (and copy the current rules from "new mail filtering rules") and apply it via contextmenue "filters on open ..." (or something like that)  to every inbox.

bye   Olaf

<p>[quote user="aga60"]1. I want to connect to several IMAP profiles at once (Mozilla Thunderbird does).[/quote]</p><p>Create as much IMAP profiles as you want. With every profile choose the option "On startup of Pegasus Mail connect to profile" (or something like that ... soryy - translated from german). They will be connected at startup. </p><p>[quote]2. I want that the "new mail filtering rules" to work in "new or unread mail (INBOX)" (in IMAP profiles) as works in POP3 "new mail folder"[/quote]</p><p>Create a general rule set (and copy the current rules from "new mail filtering rules") and apply it via contextmenue "filters on open ..." (or something like that)  to every inbox.</p><p>bye   Olaf</p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="FJR"]

Create a general rule set (and copy the current rules from "new mail filtering rules") and apply it via contextmenue "filters on open ..." (or something like that)  to every inbox.

[/quote]

Hmm, and how do I so?

I've not found any option to move or copy rules from one set to another?

[quote user="FJR"]<p>Create a general rule set (and <B>copy the current rules from "new mail filtering rules"</B>) and apply it via contextmenue "filters on open ..." (or something like that)  to every inbox.</p>[/quote] Hmm, and how do I so? I've not found any option to move or copy rules from one set to another?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft