Mercury Suggestions
New Mercury release status

Hmm ... that's not Pegasus Mail you use to read your IMAP-Folder! Oh - I see - Thunderbird behaves like that.

On creating an IMAP-folder  with Mercury as IMAP-Server, in this process you decide, if the folder will be a folder containing mails or a folder behaving as a tray. Once a folder is declared as holding mails, you can't create a "trayfolder" or "mailfolder" beneath. Thunderbird knows about and disables that option in contextmenue if you are pointing to such a "mailfolder".

I asume you have problems to create any folder. In Thunderbird you have to rightclick on the name of that account at top of that mailbox. There you may create a folder and decide in course if it is a "mailfolder" or "trayfolder". Beneath a trayfolder you may create more folders of what ever type by rightclicking there.

bye    Olaf

<p>Hmm ... that's not Pegasus Mail you use to read your IMAP-Folder! Oh - I see - Thunderbird behaves like that.</p><p>On creating an IMAP-folder  with Mercury as IMAP-Server, in this process you decide, if the folder will be a folder containing mails or a folder behaving as a tray. Once a folder is declared as holding mails, you can't create a "trayfolder" or "mailfolder" beneath. Thunderbird knows about and disables that option in contextmenue if you are pointing to such a "mailfolder".</p><p>I asume you have problems to create any folder. In Thunderbird you have to rightclick on the name of that account at top of that mailbox. There you may create a folder and decide in course if it is a "mailfolder" or "trayfolder". Beneath a trayfolder you may create more folders of what ever type by rightclicking there. </p><p>bye    Olaf </p>

Is there any update on when a version of Mercury that supports subfolders might be available?

Is there any update on when a version of Mercury that supports subfolders might be available?

I assume you mean having messages and sub-folders in the same IMAP folder (as Mercury already supports sub-folders but not the combination). This will be introduced with the new mailstore in Mercury 5.0, together with a number of other significant improvements. Still no release time set, though.

/Rolf 

<p>I assume you mean having messages and sub-folders in the same IMAP folder (as Mercury already supports sub-folders but not the combination). This will be introduced with the new mailstore in Mercury 5.0, together with a number of other significant improvements. Still no release time set, though.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

Really. Then I must be doing something wrong. I'm using Thunderbird for an email client. When I right click on my work imap folders, I get a choice to create subfolders and I do this all the time. When I do the same on my Mercury imap folders, that choice is not listed. I can create folders, but they all appear at the top level. Any suggestoins?

Really. Then I must be doing something wrong. I'm using Thunderbird for an email client. When I right click on my work imap folders, I get a choice to create subfolders and I do this all the time. When I do the same on my Mercury imap folders, that choice is not listed. I can create folders, but they all appear at the top level. Any suggestoins?

Not sure why Thunderbird won't allow this option, but it could be that it simply doesn't support the concept of IMAP trays that contain folders but not messages.

/Rolf 

<p>Not sure why Thunderbird won't allow this option, but it could be that it simply doesn't support the concept of IMAP trays that contain folders but not messages.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

It certainly does, and I use it all the time.

Check in the Account Settings - Server Settings - Advanced that "Server supports folders that contain subfolders and messages" is UNticked

<p>It certainly does, and I use it all the time.</p><p>Check in the Account Settings - Server Settings - Advanced that "Server supports folders that contain subfolders and messages" is UNticked </p>

It was checked. I unchecked it. It made no difference. I restarted Tbird just in case. It made no difference.

It was checked. I unchecked it. It made no difference. I restarted Tbird just in case. It made no difference.

I installed the current version of Thunderbird to test this, and it seems to work even though the user interface for creating sub-folders isn't very intuitive.

/Rolf 

<p>I installed the current version of Thunderbird to test this, and it seems to work even though the user interface for creating sub-folders isn't very intuitive.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

So how do you do create the subfolder. On my work server, I just right-click on a folder and I have a Create subfolder option available. When I do this for mail accounts on Mercury, this option does not appear.

So how do you do create the subfolder. On my work server, I just right-click on a folder and I have a Create subfolder option available. When I do this for mail accounts on Mercury, this option does not appear.

Apparently this is how to do it:

- Right-click the account and select New Folder...

- Create a folder that can contain folders only

- Refresh the folder list for the account

- Right-click the new folder and select New Subfolder...

etc.

/Rolf 

<p>Apparently this is how to do it:</p><p>- Right-click the account and select New Folder...</p><p>- Create a folder that can contain folders only</p><p>- Refresh the folder list for the account</p><p>- Right-click the new folder and select New Subfolder...</p><p>etc.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

[quote user="rkatcher"]So how do you do create the subfolder. On my work server, I just right-click on a folder and I have a Create subfolder option available. When I do this for mail accounts on Mercury, this option does not appear.[/quote]

Maybe be some misunderstanding. IMAP-Server may support to different modes of subfolders:

• empty (no mails in) folders building a folder hierarchie, where only the folders at the "bottom" may contain mails
  • folders with mails in, that may contain other folders with mail in

You have to tell your mailclient, which folderstructure is supported by your IMAP server. Mercury at that moment only supports empty folder hierarchies.

bye   Olaf

<p>[quote user="rkatcher"]So how do you do create the subfolder. On my work server, I just right-click on a folder and I have a Create subfolder option available. When I do this for mail accounts on Mercury, this option does not appear.[/quote]</p><p>Maybe be some misunderstanding. IMAP-Server may support to different modes of subfolders:</p><ul><li>empty (no mails in) folders building a folder hierarchie, where only the folders at the "bottom" may contain mails</li><li>folders with mails in, that may contain other folders with mail in</li></ul><p>You have to tell your mailclient, which folderstructure is supported by your IMAP server. Mercury at that moment only supports empty folder hierarchies.</p><p>bye   Olaf</p><p> </p>

Yes, that does the trick. Thank you. It would be nice to have both messages and folders in a folder, but this is a big help.

Yes, that does the trick. Thank you. It would be nice to have both messages and folders in a folder, but this is a big help.

Thank you for your assistance. I did not understand this, but I think I am all set now.

Thank you for your assistance. I did not understand this, but I think I am all set now.

I just right-click on a folder and I have a Create subfolder option available. When I do this for mail accounts on Mercury, this option does not appear.????

<span style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12.0959997177124px;">I just right-click on a folder and I have a Create subfolder option available. When I do this for mail accounts on Mercury, this option does not appear.????</span>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft