Community Discussions and Support
Adding mailing list subscribers bug?

Many thanks, and apologies for the wrong forum.

Many thanks, and apologies for the wrong forum.

I add subscribers via the email method of sending a message to maiser@ with

ADD listname address name

format.

I noticed that sending a load of subscribers via this method that it

barfed about halfway thru, returning a message about Unable to find

list ''.

All addresses up till then were added properly.

The line that this message was on was >70 chars.

Is this a function of wordwrap being on in my mailer, or a Mercury limitation?

I'm running version 4.51 on Windows 2003.

<p>I add subscribers via the email method of sending a message to maiser@ with ADD listname address name format. I noticed that sending a load of subscribers via this method that it barfed about halfway thru, returning a message about Unable to find list ''. All addresses up till then were added properly. </p><p>The line that this message was on was >70 chars. Is this a function of wordwrap being on in my mailer, or a Mercury limitation? </p><p>I'm running version 4.51 on Windows 2003.</p>

The mail server accepts lines up to 2048 characters long, although no single address component in the line may be longer than 80 characters (an ancient limitation that could easily be removed).

Word-wrapping the lines is *guaranteed* to mess everything up, though - the mail server is strictly line-oriented, and no wrapping is tolerated. My guess is that that's your issue.

Wrong forum, by the way.

Cheers!

-- David --

The mail server accepts lines up to 2048 characters long, although no single address component in the line may be longer than 80 characters (an ancient limitation that could easily be removed). Word-wrapping the lines is *guaranteed* to mess everything up, though - the mail server is strictly line-oriented, and no wrapping is tolerated. My guess is that that's your issue. Wrong forum, by the way. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft