Community Discussions and Support
above the Prewiev-Window: sender email instead of alias

[quote user="jcp"]

is there a way to show the sender's email-address instead of (or additionally) to his alias name in the bar above the preview-window?

[/quote]

Not at this stage, no. Funnily enough, the totally ancient DOS version of the program has this ability, but it never made it into the Windows version (mostly because nobody seemed to want it back then).

Part of the problem is that it's an "expensive" change - I'd have to go through the folder reparsing every message to extract this information (at the moment, I just display the contents of the index entry, which is very fast).

It may be possible to do something along these lines with the new folder formats in V5, though.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="jcp"]<p>is there a way to show the sender's email-address instead of (or additionally) to his alias name in the bar above the preview-window?</p><p>[/quote] Not at this stage, no. Funnily enough, the totally ancient DOS version of the program has this ability, but it never made it into the Windows version (mostly because nobody seemed to want it back then). Part of the problem is that it's an "expensive" change - I'd have to go through the folder reparsing every message to extract this information (at the moment, I just display the contents of the index entry, which is very fast). It may be possible to do something along these lines with the new folder formats in V5, though. Cheers! -- David -- </p>

Hi,

is there a way to show the sender's email-address instead of (or additionally) to his alias name in the bar above the preview-window?

It may also be helpful to see which address is the recipient of a mail (I'm collecting from several providers).

Thanks in advance
jcp

<p>Hi,</p><p>is there a way to show the sender's email-address instead of (or additionally) to his alias name in the bar above the preview-window?</p><p>It may also be helpful to see which address is the recipient of a mail (I'm collecting from several providers).</p><p> </p><p> Thanks in advance jcp  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft