Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 241

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_name' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 241

Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 242

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_alias' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 242

Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 238

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_pid' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 238
IMAP and Yahoo | PMAIL COMMUNITY
IMAP
IMAP and Yahoo

> Yahoo! operates IMAP and secure IMAP servers (imap.mail.yahoo.com in particular), which are globally accessible.

I did verify that IMAP4 is now available from Yahoo.  This is the setting for a Yahoo Mail Plus account (i.e. not one of the free Yahoo accounts) that I am using and they work for me.  This may of may not be the same for your commercial account nor for the free Yahoo accounts.

(a) -POP3-

Server host name: pop.mail.yahoo.com
  User name: <your_user_name>@yahoo.com
  Password: <your_password>
  Server TCP/IP port: 995
  SSL/TLS: via direct SSL connect
  Enable server certificate fingerprint tracking: unchecked

(b) -SMTP STARTTLS -

Server host name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  Server TCP/IP port: 587
  SSL/TLS: via STARTTLS
  SMTP Authentication: Login to the SMTP server using POP3
  username/password (the Yahoo-POP3-definition has been chosen)

(c) - SMTP via SSL -

Server host name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  Server TCP/IP port: 465
  SSL/TLS: via direct ssl connection
  SMTP Authentication: Login to the SMTP server using POP3
  username/password (the Yahoo-POP3-definition has been chosen)

(d) - IMAP4 via SSL -

Server host name: imap.mail.yahoo.com
  User name: <your_user_name>@yahoo.com
  Password: <your_password>
  Server TCP/IP port: 993
  SSL/TLS: via direct SSL connect

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

&amp;gt; Yahoo! operates IMAP and secure IMAP servers (imap.mail.yahoo.com in particular), which are globally accessible. I did verify that IMAP4 is now available from Yahoo.&amp;nbsp; This is the setting for a Yahoo Mail Plus account (i.e. not one of the free Yahoo accounts) that I am using and they work for me.&amp;nbsp; This may of may not be the same for your commercial account nor for the free Yahoo accounts. (a) -POP3- &amp;nbsp; Server host name: pop.mail.yahoo.com &amp;nbsp; User name: &amp;lt;your_user_name&amp;gt;@yahoo.com &amp;nbsp; Password: &amp;lt;your_password&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; Server TCP/IP port: 995 &amp;nbsp; SSL/TLS: via direct SSL connect &amp;nbsp; Enable server certificate fingerprint tracking: unchecked (b) -SMTP STARTTLS - &amp;nbsp; Server host name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com &amp;nbsp; Server TCP/IP port: 587 &amp;nbsp; SSL/TLS: via STARTTLS &amp;nbsp; Enable server certificate fingerprint tracking: unchecked &amp;nbsp; SMTP Authentication: Login to the SMTP server using POP3 &amp;nbsp; username/password (the Yahoo-POP3-definition has been chosen) (c) - SMTP via SSL - &amp;nbsp; Server host name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com &amp;nbsp; Server TCP/IP port: 465 &amp;nbsp; SSL/TLS: via direct ssl connection &amp;nbsp; Enable server certificate fingerprint tracking: unchecked &amp;nbsp; SMTP Authentication: Login to the SMTP server using POP3 &amp;nbsp; username/password (the Yahoo-POP3-definition has been chosen) (d) - IMAP4 via SSL - &amp;nbsp; Server host name: imap.mail.yahoo.com &amp;nbsp; User name: &amp;lt;your_user_name&amp;gt;@yahoo.com &amp;nbsp; Password: &amp;lt;your_password&amp;gt; &amp;nbsp; Server TCP/IP port: 993 &amp;nbsp; SSL/TLS: via direct SSL connect http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

Long time supporter of Pmail back to the DOS Days with Novell 3.1. Used to send David $$$ for support from network I managed Great mailer.

Recently back to using WinPOmail as client with Yahoo Plus (paid version) setup OK but when I try to connect with IMAP get:

""The IMAP server that manages this mailbox or folder has reported an error during the operation you have attempted to perform.""

Have checked and triple checked IMAP Profile but  am at wits end. As a retored IT guy this is frustrating.

&lt;div&gt; &lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;Long time supporter of Pmail back to the DOS Days with Novell 3.1. Used to send David $$$ for support from network I managed Great mailer.&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;Recently back to using WinPOmail as client with Yahoo Plus (paid version) setup OK but when I try to connect with IMAP get:&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt; &lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&quot;&quot;The IMAP server that manages this mailbox or folder has reported an error during the operation you have attempted to perform.&quot;&quot;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;Have checked and triple checked IMAP Profile but &amp;nbsp;am at wits end. As a retored IT guy this is frustrating.&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/div&gt;

> Long time supporter of Pmail back to the DOS Days with Novell 3.1.
> Used to send David $$ for support from network I managed Great mailer.
> Recently back to using WinPOmail as client with Yahoo Plus (paid
> version) setup OK but when I try to connect with IMAP get:
>
> ""The IMAP server that manages this mailbox or folder has reported an
> error during the operation you have attempted to perform."" Have
> checked and triple checked IMAP Profile but  am at wits end. As a
> retored IT guy this is frustrating.

I use Yahoo Plus but where does is say you can turn on IMAP4?  I just went through it again an all I can see is the options to turn on POP3 access.  I can use it with POP3 and SMTP  though.

&amp;gt; Long time supporter of Pmail back to the DOS Days with Novell 3.1. &amp;gt; Used to send David $$ for support from network I managed Great mailer. &amp;gt; Recently back to using WinPOmail as client with Yahoo Plus (paid &amp;gt; version) setup OK but when I try to connect with IMAP get: &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &quot;&quot;The IMAP server that manages this mailbox or folder has reported an &amp;gt; error during the operation you have attempted to perform.&quot;&quot; Have &amp;gt; checked and triple checked IMAP Profile but&amp;nbsp; am at wits end. As a &amp;gt; retored IT guy this is frustrating. I use Yahoo Plus but where does is say you can turn on IMAP4?&amp;nbsp; I just went through it again an all I can see is the options to turn on POP3 access.&amp;nbsp; I can use it with POP3 and SMTP&amp;nbsp; though.

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]> Long time supporter of Pmail back to the DOS Days with Novell 3.1.
> Used to send David $$ for support from network I managed Great mailer.
> Recently back to using WinPOmail as client with Yahoo Plus (paid
> version) setup OK but when I try to connect with IMAP get:
>
> ""The IMAP server that manages this mailbox or folder has reported an
> error during the operation you have attempted to perform."" Have
> checked and triple checked IMAP Profile but  am at wits end. As a
> retored IT guy this is frustrating.

I use Yahoo Plus but where does is say you can turn on IMAP4?  I just went through it again an all I can see is the options to turn on POP3 access.  I can use it with POP3 and SMTP  though.

[/quote]

Yes, Yahoo + I didn't turn on POP3 so thought no need to switch on IMAP4. Theye is an ip for imap.mail.yahoo.com

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Thomas R. Stephenson&quot;]&amp;gt; Long time supporter of Pmail back to the DOS Days with Novell 3.1. &amp;gt; Used to send David $$ for support from network I managed Great mailer. &amp;gt; Recently back to using WinPOmail as client with Yahoo Plus (paid &amp;gt; version) setup OK but when I try to connect with IMAP get: &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &quot;&quot;The IMAP server that manages this mailbox or folder has reported an &amp;gt; error during the operation you have attempted to perform.&quot;&quot; Have &amp;gt; checked and triple checked IMAP Profile but&amp;nbsp; am at wits end. As a &amp;gt; retored IT guy this is frustrating. I use Yahoo Plus but where does is say you can turn on IMAP4?&amp;nbsp; I just went through it again an all I can see is the options to turn on POP3 access.&amp;nbsp; I can use it with POP3 and SMTP&amp;nbsp; though. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yes, Yahoo + I didn&#039;t turn on POP3 so thought no need to switch on IMAP4. Theye is an ip for imap.mail.yahoo.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

> Yes, Yahoo + I didn't turn on POP3 so thought no need to switch on IMAP4. Theye is an ip for imap.mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo provides mail services for a lot of other companies so this server mean nothing.  FWIW, when I asked Yahoo a some months back if they were going to provide IMAP4 services in the near future they said no since they already have browser access.  They certainly may have changed their minds but nothing I see supports that.  Can you connect with any other IMAP4 mail client to Yahoo Plus?

&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt; Yes, Yahoo + I didn&#039;t turn on POP3 so thought no need to switch on IMAP4. Theye is an ip for imap.mail.yahoo.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yahoo provides mail services for a lot of other companies so this server mean nothing.&amp;nbsp; FWIW, when I asked Yahoo a some months back if they were going to provide IMAP4 services in the near future they said no since they already have browser access.&amp;nbsp; They certainly may have changed their minds but nothing I see supports that.&amp;nbsp; Can you connect with any other IMAP4 mail client to Yahoo Plus?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]

> Yes, Yahoo + I didn't turn on POP3 so thought no need to switch on IMAP4. Theye is an ip for imap.mail.yahoo.com

Yahoo provides mail services for a lot of other companies so this server mean nothing.  FWIW, when I asked Yahoo a some months back if they were going to provide IMAP4 services in the near future they said no since they already have browser access.  They certainly may have changed their minds but nothing I see supports that.  Can you connect with any other IMAP4 mail client to Yahoo Plus?

[/quote]

Got the answer. With Yahoo Plus POP seemed automatic but there is no IMAP.

HOWEVER there's a little utillity called Yahoo imap connector  http://www.bravurasoftware.com/yahoo-imap/  Free for 15 days then $9.95 to register

Note after install you need to configue Pegaus IMAP ip:127.0.0.1 Port: 27143  Security: plain/none user: youremail@yourmailer.com password: your mail password. It supports several other clients and seems to get the folders way to fast to be a download, so I suspect (given the name) it just connects and syncs folders and if you leave yahoo completely bye bye folders. I'll try it for 15 days and try to remember to report back.

[quote user=&quot;Thomas R. Stephenson&quot;]&lt;p&gt;&amp;gt; Yes, Yahoo + I didn&#039;t turn on POP3 so thought no need to switch on IMAP4. Theye is an ip for imap.mail.yahoo.com&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Yahoo provides mail services for a lot of other companies so this server mean nothing.&amp;nbsp; FWIW, when I asked Yahoo a some months back if they were going to provide IMAP4 services in the near future they said no since they already have browser access.&amp;nbsp; They certainly may have changed their minds but nothing I see supports that.&amp;nbsp; Can you connect with any other IMAP4 mail client to Yahoo Plus?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Got the answer. With Yahoo Plus POP seemed automatic but there is no IMAP. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;HOWEVER there&#039;s a little utillity called Yahoo imap connector &amp;nbsp;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.bravurasoftware.com/yahoo-imap/&quot;&gt;http://www.bravurasoftware.com/yahoo-imap/&lt;/a&gt;&amp;nbsp; Free for 15 days then $9.95 to register&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Note after install you need to configue Pegaus IMAP ip:127.0.0.1 Port: 27143 &amp;nbsp;Security: plain/none user: youremail@yourmailer.com password: your mail password. It supports several other clients and seems to get the folders way to fast to be a download, so I suspect (given the name) it just connects and syncs folders and if you leave yahoo completely bye bye folders. I&#039;ll try it for 15 days and try to remember to report back.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;

Yahoo! operates IMAP and secure IMAP servers (imap.mail.yahoo.com in particular), which are globally accessible. 

Yahoo! operates IMAP and secure IMAP servers (imap.mail.yahoo.com in particular), which are globally accessible.&amp;nbsp;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft