Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Activating Windows makes them visible

Hi, Olaf

The point is that although the focus switches to the window that has been selected, the window remains out of sight. Windows within windows may keep everything nicely separated, but if they can not be programmed to automatically come into view when slected via a list, it causes confusion for people who use it.

I never allow Pegasus Mail's windows to move beyond the edge of the screen because of this, but many of the other staff in our office do not. When you click on an item to display it, it is expected that the window will be displayed, not remain hidden off screen.

I brought this up because some of our staff have asked for help, wondering why they were unable to see a window they had selected. I know that it is simply a matter of dragging the scroll bar accordingly to move the window within the window into view, but none of the other applications our staff use have this functionality. The windows employed by other applications are discreet and while they can be moved so that part of the window can be moved beyond the screen area, part of that window still remains within the screen, and when selected from a drop-down list, it pops into view.

<P>Hi, Olaf</P> <P>The point is that although the focus switches to the window that has been selected, the window remains out of sight. Windows within windows may keep everything nicely separated, but if they can not be programmed to automatically come into view when slected via a list, it causes confusion for people who use it.</P> <P>I never allow Pegasus Mail's windows to move beyond the edge of the screen because of this, but many of the other staff in our office do not. When you click on an item to display it, it is expected that the window will be displayed, not remain hidden off screen.</P> <P>I brought this up because some of our staff have asked for help, wondering why they were unable to see a window they had selected. I know that it is simply a matter of dragging the scroll bar accordingly to move the window within the window into view, but none of the other applications our staff use have this functionality. The windows employed by other applications are discreet and while they can be moved so that part of the window can be moved beyond the screen area, part of that window still remains within the screen, and when selected from a drop-down list, it pops into view.</P>

Hello

If I have several windows open - open messages, replies etc., and some of those windows are located off screen I have to use the scroll bar on the main application window to make them visible, and then click on the window that I want to work with.

If I use the Windowbar to select which window I want to work with, and that window is not in the present view and is located 'off-screen', then the window will be selected but I still need to use the scroll bar to bring the window into view.

It would be great if selecting a window from the list on the windowbar not only made the window active, but also made it visible.

<P>Hello</P> <P>If I have several windows open - open messages, replies etc., and some of those windows are located off screen I have to use the scroll bar on the main application window to make them visible, and then click on the window that I want to work with.</P> <P>If I use the Windowbar to select which window I want to work with, and that window is not in the present view and is located 'off-screen', then the window will be selected but I still need to use the scroll bar to bring the window into view.</P> <P>It would be great if selecting a window from the list on the windowbar not only made the window active, but also made it visible.</P> <P>Thanks :)</P>

Hmm - what's about getting a second monitor or replacing the old one with a widescreen? [;)]

I may be wrong but I think the wanted behavior is not windows-like-behaviour.

bye   Olaf

<p>Hmm - what's about getting a second monitor or replacing the old one with a widescreen? [;)]</p><p>I may be wrong but I think the wanted behavior is not windows-like-behaviour.</p><p>bye   Olaf</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft