Extension development
Take incoming email, and put it into a MySQL database

1000 apologies for opening an old thread, but this would be quite easy to do. I write a lot of Database programs commercially and this would be quite straight forward to achieve. The *downside* is that as it would need to run as a policy, it may slow down the processing of mail as each one needs storing before the policy task completes. Have to say I don't know if Mercury processes these in parallel or series. 

That aside, we can have Mercury pass the email text to an application that then inserts them into the required database.

Drop me a line if you still (after all these years!) think it's worth looking at. 

<p>1000 apologies for opening an old thread, but this would be quite easy to do. I write a lot of Database programs commercially and this would be quite straight forward to achieve. The *downside* is that as it would need to run as a policy, it may slow down the processing of mail as each one needs storing before the policy task completes. Have to say I don't know if Mercury processes these in parallel or series. </p><p>That aside, we can have Mercury pass the email text to an application that then inserts them into the required database.</p><p>Drop me a line if you still (after all these years!) think it's worth looking at. </p>

If someone could make this, it would be amazing,

It grabs the from, to and content from the email, then inserts them into a table called "from_phone" into columns to,from,content.

It sounds simple enough but I would guess this is hard.

<p>If someone could make this, it would be amazing, </p><p> </p><p>It grabs the from, to and content from the email, then inserts them into a table called "from_phone" into columns to,from,content.</p><p> </p><p>It sounds simple enough but I would guess this is hard. </p>

I would think it could be written as a program called from a policy.  You just need a programmer with DB skills.

I would think it could be written as a program called from a policy.  You just need a programmer with DB skills.

Why you want to put the Mails into a DB? But the DB programing could be a little bit tricky!

Why you want to put the Mails into a DB? But the DB programing could be a little bit tricky!

This is actually very easy.  We do this currently...  You set up an incoming rule to copy all emails to a special user (in our server it's a user named "emailsout"), then all you need is a program to log in to that user mailbox, and process each email there...  Note:  Because of the way that Mercury splits the email, all you get is the "to:" address.  the CC's and BCC's won't be in the email that you are processing.

We process the emails using visual basic 6 with a POP3 component from Mailbee.

Does that help?

<p>This is actually very easy.  We do this currently...  You set up an incoming rule to copy all emails to a special user (in our server it's a user named "emailsout"), then all you need is a program to log in to that user mailbox, and process each email there...  Note:  Because of the way that Mercury splits the email, all you get is the "to:" address.  the CC's and BCC's won't be in the email that you are processing.</p><p> </p><p>We process the emails using visual basic 6 with a POP3 component from Mailbee.</p><p> </p><p>Does that help? </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft