Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 241

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_name' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 241

Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 242

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_alias' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 242

Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 238

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_pid' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 238
Pegasus v.4.63 IMAP with Exchange 2010 | PMAIL COMMUNITY
IMAP
Pegasus v.4.63 IMAP with Exchange 2010

> I cannot verify if all this bad stuff is the result of Pmail or
> Exchange bugs, but maybe some people here can give these things a try
> on some different IMAP server, supporting nested foolders? If no
> problems are detected, Pmail would be exonerated. 

1. You cannot copy/move IMAP4 folders between mailboxes. Sometimes it looks like it works but on closing and reopening it's back like it was.  This is not unique to Pegasus Mail.

2. There are methods of copying folders between IMAP4 accounts, here's a method and it works quite well when you have Mercury running with Pegasus Mail using the same mailboxes.

Download IMAPCopy: 
http://www.ardiehl.de/imapcopy/index.html

Configure it to copy from/to your local IMAP Server to the remote account. These configuration settings are entered into the ImapCopy.cfg file.  Then run:

imapcopy.exe -s -e

the -e tells IMAPCopy to copy all folders, including empty ones and the -s tells IMAPCopy to subscribe you to any folders that are created on the destination.  

<div>> I cannot verify if all this bad stuff is the result of Pmail or</div><div>> Exchange bugs, but maybe some people here can give these things a try</div><div>> on some different IMAP server, supporting nested foolders? If no</div><div>> problems are detected, Pmail would be exonerated. </div><div> </div><div>1.<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>You cannot copy/move IMAP4 folders between mailboxes. Sometimes it looks like it works but on closing and reopening it's back like it was.  This is not unique to Pegasus Mail.</div><div> </div><div>2.<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>There are methods of copying folders between IMAP4 accounts, here's a method and it works quite well when you have Mercury running with Pegasus Mail using the same mailboxes.</div><div> </div><div>Download IMAPCopy: </div><div>http://www.ardiehl.de/imapcopy/index.html</div><div> </div><div>Configure it to copy from/to your local IMAP Server to the remote account. These configuration settings are entered into the ImapCopy.cfg file.  Then run:</div><div> </div><div>imapcopy.exe -s -e</div><div> </div><div>the -e tells IMAPCopy to copy all folders, including empty ones and the -s tells IMAPCopy to subscribe you to any folders that are created on the destination.  </div><div> </div><div> </div><div> </div>

As promised recently, here are my few observatons of Pmail 4.63 IMAP functionality with M$ Echange 2010 server.

1. In general, it works

(good!)

2. Copy/move drag and drop of individual messages and groups of thereof from local folder into remote IMAP folder and back does work

(still good)

3. With the option "This server supports folders within folders" checked, nested remote IMAP folder structure on Exchange server can be created

(well, sort of - see below)

...but this is where good stuff ends...

3. Drag and drop between local folders and trays and IMAP folders results in Pmail error - one or both mailboxes "do not support operation". To be fair I just discovered that that same error is generated when trying to move whole folders between two *local* mailboxes, so it may not be Pmail's IMAP or Exchamge issue after all

(very inconvenient regardless as I for one have hundreds of floders to copy)

4. Drag and drop rearrangements of IMAP folder tree, i.e. moving a subfolder "Harry" from folder "Colleagues" into folder "Friends", results in seemingly correct folder tree modification without any error report. However upon reconnection to the IMAP profile no move appears to be performed - "Harry" is still in "Colleafues".

(bad, very misleading)

5. Creating an IMAP subfolder "Bob" within an *empty* folder "Weasels" also results in seemingly correct folder tree, but upon reconnection "Bob" appears to be not within "Weasels", but on the same level with it - that despite the option "Create as a child folder"  checked during the original operation. Dragging existing folder into an empty one results in the same predicament. However if after placing "Bob" into "Weasels" I also create "Mike" in "Weasels", only "Bob" gets created outside; "Mike" and all subsequent folders inside "Weasels" remain subfolders as intended. As a result I had to resort to keeping one dummy folder which I drag into newly created empty folder before creating any actual subfolders in it.

(the worst, extremely inconvenient and misleading in the beginning!)

I cannot verify if all this bad stuff is the result of Pmail or Exchange bugs, but maybe some people here can give these things a try on some different IMAP server, supporting nested foolders? If no problems are detected, Pmail would be exonerated.

Cheers!

<P>As promised recently, here are my few observatons of Pmail 4.63 IMAP functionality with M$ Echange 2010 server. </P> <P>1. In general, it works </P> <P>(good!)</P> <P>2. Copy/move drag and drop of individual messages and groups of thereof from local folder into remote IMAP folder and back does work </P> <P>(still good)</P> <P>3. With the option "This server supports folders within folders" checked, nested remote IMAP folder structure on Exchange server can be created </P> <P>(well, sort of - see below)</P> <P>...but this is where good stuff ends...</P> <P>3. Drag and drop between local folders and trays and IMAP folders results in Pmail error - one or both mailboxes "do not support operation". To be fair I just discovered that that same error is generated when trying to move whole folders between two *local* mailboxes, so it may not be Pmail's IMAP or Exchamge issue after all </P> <P>(very inconvenient regardless as I for one have hundreds of floders to copy)</P> <P>4. Drag and drop rearrangements of IMAP folder tree, i.e. moving a subfolder "Harry" from folder "Colleagues" into folder "Friends", results in seemingly correct folder tree modification without any error report. However upon reconnection to the IMAP profile no move appears to be performed - "Harry" is still in "Colleafues". </P> <P>(bad, very misleading)</P> <P>5. Creating an IMAP subfolder "Bob" within an *empty* folder "Weasels" also results in seemingly correct folder tree, but upon reconnection "Bob" appears to be not within "Weasels", but on the same level with it - that despite the option "Create as a child folder"  checked during the original operation. Dragging existing folder into an empty one results in the same predicament. However if after placing "Bob" into "Weasels" I also create "Mike" in "Weasels", only "Bob" gets created outside; "Mike" and all subsequent folders inside "Weasels" remain subfolders as intended. As a result I had to resort to keeping one dummy folder which I drag into newly created empty folder before creating any actual subfolders in it. </P> <P>(the worst, extremely inconvenient and misleading in the beginning!)</P> <P>I cannot verify if all this bad stuff is the result of Pmail or Exchange bugs, but maybe some people here can give these things a try on some different IMAP server, supporting nested foolders? If no problems are detected, Pmail would be exonerated. </P> <P>Cheers!</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft