Community Discussions and Support
Signatures, Logos and RichText format.

This problem with Outlook and winmail.dat usually occurs when Exchange is not configured correctly.

In Pegasus Mail use Tools > Options > Messages and replies and make sure that MIME and Rich (formatted) text are On. On rare occassions a message will become corrupted and the recipient will see garbage, but this will happen with all email clients, not just Outlook. So long as the formatting options are set correctly, your recipients should not experience any problems.

<P>This problem with Outlook and winmail.dat usually occurs when Exchange is not configured correctly.</P> <P>In Pegasus Mail use Tools > Options > Messages and replies and make sure that MIME and Rich (formatted) text are On. On rare occassions a message will become corrupted and the recipient will see garbage, but this will happen with all email clients, not just Outlook. So long as the formatting options are set correctly, your recipients should not experience any problems.</P>

Hello all,

If I understand things correctly, if I want my signature to carry a graphical logo, I have to have the logo included in one of the "formatted content" variants of the signature, and then I have do one of two things:  either do something to every message (like bold a word) to make certain Pegasus sees the message as "formatted content" or else turn on RichText format either as a global setting or on a per message basis.  Am I missing any other ways to ensure that every message carries the logo?

One problem I have seen with MS Outlook is that when it SENDS an RTF message and the message also carries a user attachment, it is often the case that the user's attachment gets munged together with the attachment that carries the RTF formatting info.  The end result is a WTF? message with a single, unuseable attachment (often called WINMAIL.DAT).  I do not know whether this munging can also occur when Outlook RECEIVES an RTF message which also contains a user attachment. 

Does anyone know whether Outlook recipients ever have difficulty receiving Pegasus-generated RTF messages?

Thanks for your advice on this.

Peter.

<P>Hello all, </P> <P>If I understand things correctly, if I want my signature to carry a graphical logo, I have to have the logo included in one of the "formatted content" variants of the signature, and then I have do one of two things:  either do something to every message (like bold a word) to make certain Pegasus sees the message as "formatted content" or else turn on RichText format either as a global setting or on a per message basis.  Am I missing any other ways to ensure that every message carries the logo?</P> <P>One problem I have seen with MS Outlook is that when it SENDS an RTF message and the message also carries a user attachment, it is often the case that the user's attachment gets munged together with the attachment that carries the RTF formatting info.  The end result is a WTF? message with a single, unuseable attachment (often called WINMAIL.DAT).  I do not know whether this munging can also occur when Outlook RECEIVES an RTF message which also contains a user attachment.  </P> <P>Does anyone know whether Outlook recipients ever have difficulty receiving Pegasus-generated RTF messages?</P> <P>Thanks for your advice on this.</P> <P>Peter.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft