Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Folder navigation - 3 requests

And now it has been over 6 and 1/2 years.  Does anybody know whether it is on the list at all?

And now it has been over 6 and 1/2 years.  Does anybody know whether it is on the list at all?

I may have mentioned this before, and if I have, I apologize for mentioning it again.

Is there any way to add characters to the folder navigation routine?  Specifically, the space character would be a huge improvement, but adding both the space character and regular characters outside of 0-9 and a-z would be a spectacularly huge improvement.  My first two requests are therefore to add the space character and to add non-regular characters.

It is the one feature that many I speak with are enthralled with in Thunderbird.  Even though it is available to Thunderbird users only through an extension, the fact remains that it is available.

A quick example of what it can mean would be the ability to add a series of folders that automatcally float to the top.  For example, a series of folder names that begin with an exclamation point will appear before all folders that begin with regular letters.  A great opportunity to organize one's folders.  That ability is limited at the moment because Pegasus ignores the exclamation point when navigating in the folder window.

My third request is to provide for a quick-key to search again for the same string.  I might have 10 folders that begin with a specific word.  However, those folders might themselves be subfolders and therefore they might be at the top of my 1000 or so folders or very near the bottom.  Having searched for the name the first time, if I could hit a single key or key combination to "search again" rather than having to both down-arrow and re-key the word, that would be a wonderful improvement to the current folder navigation.

Thanks 

<p>I may have mentioned this before, and if I have, I apologize for mentioning it again.</p><p>Is there any way to add characters to the folder navigation routine?  Specifically, the space character would be a huge improvement, but adding both the space character and regular characters outside of 0-9 and a-z would be a spectacularly huge improvement.  My first two requests are therefore to add the space character and to add non-regular characters. </p><p>It is the one feature that many I speak with are enthralled with in Thunderbird.  Even though it is available to Thunderbird users only through an extension, the fact remains that it is available.</p><p>A quick example of what it can mean would be the ability to add a series of folders that automatcally float to the top.  For example, a series of folder names that begin with an exclamation point will appear before all folders that begin with regular letters.  A great opportunity to organize one's folders.  That ability is limited at the moment because Pegasus ignores the exclamation point when navigating in the folder window. </p><p>My third request is to provide for a quick-key to search again for the same string.  I might have 10 folders that begin with a specific word.  However, those folders might themselves be subfolders and therefore they might be at the top of my 1000 or so folders or very near the bottom.  Having searched for the name the first time, if I could hit a single key or key combination to "search again" rather than having to both down-arrow and re-key the word, that would be a wonderful improvement to the current folder navigation.</p><p>Thanks </p>

[quote user="MikePreston"]

A quick example of what it can mean would be the ability to add a series of folders that automatcally float to the top.  For example, a series of folder names that begin with an exclamation point will appear before all folders that begin with regular letters.  A great opportunity to organize one's folders.  That ability is limited at the moment because Pegasus ignores the exclamation point when navigating in the folder window.

[/quote]

You can already do this using digits or space before the actual folder name (The request is known and IIRC there is already code in the program to do this, but there is no user interface).

[quote user="MikePreston"]<p>A quick example of what it can mean would be the ability to add a series of folders that automatcally float to the top.  For example, a series of folder names that begin with an exclamation point will appear before all folders that begin with regular letters.  A great opportunity to organize one's folders.  That ability is limited at the moment because Pegasus ignores the exclamation point when navigating in the folder window. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>You can already do this using digits or space before the actual folder name (The request is known and IIRC there is already code in the program to do this, but there is no user interface). </p><p>   </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Yes, you are correct.  You most certainly can set up your folders with characters (space, numbers, or "special") and they will be sorted properly by PM.  However, there is no convenient way to navigate to any folder that begins with a space or a special character, short of grabbing your mouse and navigating with it or using a rapid series or page-up keys.

I eagerly await whatever UI becomes available to navigate to those folders.

Thanks

<p>Yes, you are correct.  You most certainly can set up your folders with characters (space, numbers, or "special") and they will be sorted properly by PM.  However, there is no convenient way to navigate to any folder that begins with a space or a special character, short of grabbing your mouse and navigating with it or using a rapid series or page-up keys. </p><p>I eagerly await whatever UI becomes available to navigate to those folders.</p><p>Thanks  </p>

Just thought I would check in. Have spaces (or any characters outside of a-z, 0-9) been added to the folder navigation routines?  It has been 2 and 1/2 years. 

Just thought I would check in. Have spaces (or any characters outside of a-z, 0-9) been added to the folder navigation routines?  It has been 2 and 1/2 years. 
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft