Community Discussions and Support
Spamhalter folder - delete messages?

If I delete the messages from the designated Spamhalter folder, will they be automatically classified as "not spam"?  I know that happens if I *move* those messages to another folder, but does the same thing happen when I delete them?  That is, does the fact that the delete operation effectively move the message to the deleted messages folder operate the same way as if I had, in fact, moved the messages?

I'm guessing "not" because when I look at the spaminess of a message deleted from the Spamhalter folder (by examining it in the deleted message folder) it still is reported as 99% spam.

But it doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks

<p>If I delete the messages from the designated Spamhalter folder, will they be automatically classified as "not spam"?  I know that happens if I *move* those messages to another folder, but does the same thing happen when I delete them?  That is, does the fact that the delete operation effectively move the message to the deleted messages folder operate the same way as if I had, in fact, moved the messages?</p><p>I'm guessing "not" because when I look at the spaminess of a message deleted from the Spamhalter folder (by examining it in the deleted message folder) it still is reported as 99% spam.</p><p>But it doesn't hurt to ask!</p><p>Thanks</p><p>  </p><p>  </p>

Deleting messages will NOT have any effect on the spam score nor the spamhalter database. Only MOVING messages in or out of the folder will effect training spamhalter.

<p>Deleting messages will NOT have any effect on the spam score nor the spamhalter database. Only MOVING messages in or out of the folder will effect training spamhalter.</p><p>  </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft