Community Discussions and Support
About Mercury License...

Is this the way to do it for all of us with support subscription, I mailed the support account before summer regarding this but not reveived an answer yet. It is a bit annoying running with crippled interface.

Best regards and thanks for the superb software

/Nils 

<p>Is this the way to do it for all of us with support subscription, I mailed the support account before summer regarding this but not reveived an answer yet. It is a bit annoying running with crippled interface.</p><p> </p><p>Best regards and thanks for the superb software</p><p>/Nils </p>

Hello everyone

How the mercury control the 60 days of use in a commercial company?

Will the mercury shut down after that period of time?

when will be available the online license purchasing option?

thanks in advance!

<P>Hello everyone</P> <P>How the mercury control the 60 days of use in a commercial company?</P> <P>Will the mercury shut down after that period of time?</P> <P> when will be available the online license purchasing option?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>thanks in advance!</P>

> How the mercury control the 60 days of use in a commercial company?

It doesn't.

> Will the mercury shut down after that period of time?

No.

> when will be available the online license purchasing option?

In due time, I'm working on it.

<P>> How the mercury control the 60 days of use in a commercial company?</P> <P>It doesn't.</P> <P>> Will the mercury shut down after that period of time?</P> <P>No.</P> <P>> when will be available the online license purchasing option?</P> <P>In due time, I'm working on it.</P>

Just to elaborate on Peter's post - Mercury does not enforce licensing. The *only* difference between a copy running with a license and one running without a license is the size and contents of the program's status bar.

We went through many, many discussions on licensing, considering and eliminating a wide range of options. In the end, I decided to go with what is basically an Honour System, working on the assumption that the world was divided into those who WOULD purchase a license and those who WOULD NOT: those who would simply needed a gentle push and something they could show to their purchasing department, while those who wouldn't couldn't be made to purchase a license no matter what I do.

I don't like the idea of enforcement in licensing, and wanted to keep the program accessible for the widest possible audience of people who could benefit from it. Fortunately, I don't need much to survive, and am hoping that the 200 or 300 licenses I need to sell each year is an achievable target. I won't rule out the possibility of using more enforcement in future if it turns out that people are not being as "honourable" as I am hoping they will, but for now, I wanted to use the minimum of persuasion.

The delay in getting the online licensing going is largely down to my own personal inexperience with e-Commerce systems. I want the purchase process to be as automated, painless and fast as possible, and it should be possible to achieve that with PayPal, but it requires some learning on my part. Peter is being most helpful, though, and I'm sure that between us we can come up with a workable solution soon.

Cheers!

-- David --

Just to elaborate on Peter's post - Mercury does not enforce licensing. The *only* difference between a copy running with a license and one running without a license is the size and contents of the program's status bar. We went through many, many discussions on licensing, considering and eliminating a wide range of options. In the end, I decided to go with what is basically an Honour System, working on the assumption that the world was divided into those who WOULD purchase a license and those who WOULD NOT: those who would simply needed a gentle push and something they could show to their purchasing department, while those who wouldn't couldn't be made to purchase a license no matter what I do. I don't like the idea of enforcement in licensing, and wanted to keep the program accessible for the widest possible audience of people who could benefit from it. Fortunately, I don't need much to survive, and am hoping that the 200 or 300 licenses I need to sell each year is an achievable target. I won't rule out the possibility of using more enforcement in future if it turns out that people are not being as "honourable" as I am hoping they will, but for now, I wanted to use the minimum of persuasion. The delay in getting the online licensing going is largely down to my own personal inexperience with e-Commerce systems. I want the purchase process to be as automated, painless and fast as possible, and it should be possible to achieve that with PayPal, but it requires some learning on my part. Peter is being most helpful, though, and I'm sure that between us we can come up with a workable solution soon. Cheers! -- David --

David:

Is there some way that we can process the licensing before the Online Licensing is setup?  We are running the new version of Mercury and would like to get it licensed as soon as possible.

Can we get an invoice that we can submit for our Purchase Order process?

Thanks (and Thanks for all of the great programs and hard work!),

Charlie

David: Is there some way that we can process the licensing before the Online Licensing is setup?  We are running the new version of Mercury and would like to get it licensed as soon as possible. Can we get an invoice that we can submit for our Purchase Order process? Thanks (and Thanks for all of the great programs and hard work!), Charlie

You get a license for free, Charlie - your support subscription is still active.

Mail me offline directly and I'll see if I can prepare a license for you (the license creation tool is currently pretty crude, but it can be made to work).

Cheers!

-- David --

You get a license for free, Charlie - your support subscription is still active. Mail me offline directly and I'll see if I can prepare a license for you (the license creation tool is currently pretty crude, but it can be made to work). Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft