Community Discussions and Support
Generate 400 level smtp error code

[quote user="madbuffalo"]Yes they are correct.  I have used up to three actions on the same line before. i.e. (BSL)[/quote]

I've just done some tests, and I'm not seeing that.  You get a log entry anyway if Mercury blocks and send a response - you don't get an extra one with an 'L' in the final position.  I get exactly the same entries with 'R', 'RL', 'R-L' or 'RSL'

[quote]As for the 'N', I have never used it--so I am not sure if the functionality is there or not.[/quote]

It is still working - it must be an omission in the help.

<P>[quote user="madbuffalo"]Yes they are correct.  I have used up to three actions on the same line before. i.e. (BSL)[/quote]</P> <P>I've just done some tests, and I'm not seeing that.  You get a log entry anyway if Mercury blocks and send a response - you don't get an extra one with an 'L' in the final position.  I get exactly the same entries with 'R', 'RL', 'R-L' or 'RSL'</P> <P mce_keep="true">[quote]As for the 'N', I have never used it--so I am not sure if the functionality is there or not.[/quote]</P> <P mce_keep="true">It is still working - it must be an omission in the help.</P>

Hi,

Does anyone know how to generate a 400 level smtp error to the MTA from Mecury server?

We have a StrongMail server as the MTA which fowards emails to Mercury server and listens for the response. We are trying to simulate a scenario to have 400 level smtp error code return to Strong Mail (MTA)

Thanks

Terry

<P>Hi,</P> <P> Does anyone know how to generate a 400 level smtp error to the MTA from Mecury server?</P> <P> We have a StrongMail server as the MTA which fowards emails to Mercury server and listens for the response. We are trying to simulate a scenario to have 400 level smtp error code return to Strong Mail (MTA)</P> <P> Thanks</P> <P>Terry</P>

I believe you can do that with a transaction filter matching the HELO/EHLO similar to: 

H, "*192.168.2.10*", BL, "451 Requested action aborted: local error in processing"

Replace 192.168.2.10 with your MTA's IP

<P>I believe you can do that with a transaction filter matching the HELO/EHLO similar to: </P> <P>H, "*192.168.2.10*", BL, "451 Requested action aborted: local error in processing"</P> <P>Replace 192.168.2.10 with your MTA's IP</P>

Since I am new to Mercury Server. Just want to confirm I understand it right.

I need to create a filter rule as the following:

Rule type: header

Contain text: *192.168.2.10*"

if this is correct understanding, what action should I pick?

Thanks

Terry

<P>Since I am new to Mercury Server. Just want to confirm I understand it right.</P> <P>I need to create a filter rule as the following:</P> <P>Rule type: header</P> <P>Contain text: *192.168.2.10*"</P> <P>if this is correct understanding, what action should I pick?</P> <P> Thanks</P> <P>Terry</P>

Left-click 'Configuration' on the menubar.

Left-click 'MercuryS SMTP Server'.

Left-click 'Compliance' tab.

Tick 'Enable transaction-level expression filtering'

If there is a filename in the 'Filter file' input box, click 'Edit'. Otherwise enter a file name like 'TRANSFLT.MER' then click 'Edit'

Insert the following line into your transaction-level filtering file:

H, "*192.168.2.10*", BL, "451 Requested action aborted: local error in processing"

Replace 192.168.2.10 with your MTA's IP

Hope that helps.

<P>Left-click 'Configuration' on the menubar.</P> <P>Left-click 'MercuryS SMTP Server'.</P> <P>Left-click 'Compliance' tab.</P> <P>Tick 'Enable transaction-level expression filtering'</P> <P>If there is a filename in the 'Filter file' input box, click 'Edit'. Otherwise enter a file name like 'TRANSFLT.MER' then click 'Edit'</P> <P>Insert the following line into your transaction-level filtering file:</P> <P>H, "*192.168.2.10*", BL, "451 Requested action aborted: local error in processing"</P> <P>Replace 192.168.2.10 with your MTA's IP</P> <P>Hope that helps.</P>

That would assume that the connecting server identifies itself with IP number in HELO/EHLO. It's more likely to be a host name, actually.

I would suggest using RL instead of BL as there is no need to drop the connection in this case.

/Rolf

<p>That would assume that the connecting server identifies itself with IP number in HELO/EHLO. It's more likely to be a host name, actually.</p><p>I would suggest using RL instead of BL as there is no need to drop the connection in this case.</p><p>  /Rolf  </p>

Thanks for the deail info. I tried and it worked the way supposed to now.

Thanks

Terry

<P>Thanks for the deail info. I tried and it worked the way supposed to now.</P> <P> Thanks</P> <P>Terry</P>

[quote user="Rolf Lindby"] I would suggest using RL instead of BL as there is no need to drop the connection in this case.[/quote]

Are those correct? I didn't know you could put two actions together like that.

Also, 4.51 help has dropped all mention of 'N' to negate the effect of the filter - is that just a typo?

<P>[quote user="Rolf Lindby"] I would suggest using RL instead of BL as there is no need to drop the connection in this case.[/quote]</P> <P>Are those correct? I didn't know you could put two actions together like that.</P> <P>Also, 4.51 help has dropped all mention of 'N' to negate the effect of the filter - is that just a typo?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

[quote user="PaulW"]

Are those correct? I din't know you could put two actions together like that.

Also, 4.51 help has dropped all mention of 'N' to negate the effect of the filter - is that just a typo?

[/quote]

Yes they are correct.  I have used up to three actions on the same line before. i.e. (BSL)

As for the 'N', I have never used it--so I am not sure if the functionality is there or not.

[quote user="PaulW"] <P>Are those correct? I din't know you could put two actions together like that.</P> <P>Also, 4.51 help has dropped all mention of 'N' to negate the effect of the filter - is that just a typo?</P> <P mce_keep="true">[/quote]</P> <P mce_keep="true">Yes they are correct.  I have used up to three actions on the same line before. i.e. (BSL)</P> <P mce_keep="true"> As for the 'N', I have never used it--so I am not sure if the functionality is there or not.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft