Community Discussions and Support
Can't send anything

DNS MX records should contain a host name - that is a name you have set up with an 'A' record pointing to an IP address.

<P>DNS MX records should contain a host name - that is a name you have set up with an 'A' record pointing to an IP address.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

I have Mercury Mail (obviously). But it won't send anything. All I get is spam from postmaster and admin. It says that it can't send a message and continues to do that for a long time. Till I stop it. By exiting the software. I can't send the mail anywhere. Or to it.

Can someone help me configure it correctly? 

<p>I have Mercury Mail (obviously). But it won't send anything. All I get is spam from postmaster and admin. It says that it can't send a message and continues to do that for a long time. Till I stop it. By exiting the software. I can't send the mail anywhere. Or to it.</p><p> </p><p>Can someone help me configure it correctly? </p>

[quote user="Edmachine"]

I have Mercury Mail (obviously). But it won't send anything. All I get is spam from postmaster and admin. It says that it can't send a message and continues to do that for a long time. Till I stop it. By exiting the software. I can't send the mail anywhere. Or to it.

[/quote]

Probably can help but we need to know what you have done to setup either MercuryE or MercuryC.  What error messages are you getting? Could you show us a copy of your mercury.ini file?

[quote user="Edmachine"]<p>I have Mercury Mail (obviously). But it won't send anything. All I get is spam from postmaster and admin. It says that it can't send a message and continues to do that for a long time. Till I stop it. By exiting the software. I can't send the mail anywhere. Or to it.</p><p>Can someone help me configure it correctly? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Probably can help but we need to know what you have done to setup either MercuryE or MercuryC.  What error messages are you getting? Could you show us a copy of your mercury.ini file?</p><p> </p>

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"][quote user="Edmachine"]

[/quote]

Probably can help but we need to know what you have done to setup either MercuryE or MercuryC.  What error messages are you getting? Could you show us a copy of your mercury.ini file?

[/quote]

I copied the MercuryC part of the .ini file

[MercuryC]
# Session_logging:  G:\           # Directory to write session transcripts
host:             # mail mail host which relays for us
scratch:     C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury   # Where we can write temp files
poll:        30                   # Seconds between queue polling cycles
returnlines: 15                   # How many lines of failed messages to return
failfile:    C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury\FAILURE.MER  # Delivery failure template
esmtp:       1                    # Yes, we want to use ESMTP extensions

Also, the messages I get from postmaster and admin (which are sent to admin and postmaster) have the same content in them

The attached message has failed delivery and has been referred
to you as postmaster. The following error report or reports
were given to explain the problem:

*** <<>>
User <<>> not known at this site.

Subject:
Delivery failure notification
Mail Delivery System <postmaster@localhost>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:57:07 +0300
To:
<>

With reference to your message with the subject:
"Delivery failure notification"

The local mail transport system has reported the following problems
it encountered while trying to deliver your message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
*** <<>>
User <<>> not known at this site.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Your mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this
message.

And every message gets longer and longer, because it can't send an error message, and another one is sent about that error... and it goes on, and on, and on....

Should you need assistance, please mail postmaster@localhost.

And every message gets longer and longer, because it can't send an error message, and another one is sent about that error... and it goes on, and on, and on....
[quote user=&quot;Thomas R. Stephenson&quot;][quote user=&quot;Edmachine&quot;]&lt;p&gt;I have Mercury Mail (obviously). But it won&#039;t send anything. All I get is spam from postmaster and admin. It says that it can&#039;t send a message and continues to do that for a long time. Till I stop it. By exiting the software. I can&#039;t send the mail anywhere. Or to it.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Can someone help me configure it correctly?&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Probably can help but we need to know what you have done to setup either MercuryE or MercuryC.&amp;nbsp; What error messages are you getting? Could you show us a copy of your mercury.ini file?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I copied the MercuryC part of the .ini file&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[MercuryC] # Session_logging:&amp;nbsp; G:\&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; # Directory to write session transcripts host:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; # mail mail host which relays for us scratch:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; # Where we can write temp files poll:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 30&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; # Seconds between queue polling cycles returnlines: 15&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; # How many lines of failed messages to return failfile:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; C:\xampp\MERCURYMAIL\Mercury\FAILURE.MER&amp;nbsp; # Delivery failure template esmtp:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 1&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; # Yes, we want to use ESMTP extensions &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Also, the messages I get from postmaster and admin (which are sent to admin and postmaster) have the same content in them&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;moz-text-plain&quot; wrap=&quot;true&quot; graphical-quote=&quot;true&quot; style=&quot;font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 13px;&quot; lang=&quot;x-western&quot;&gt;&lt;pre wrap=&quot;&quot;&gt;The attached message has failed delivery and has been referred to you as postmaster. The following error report or reports were given to explain the problem: *** &amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; User &amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; not known at this site. &lt;/pre&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;hr size=&quot;4&quot; width=&quot;90%&quot;&gt; &lt;table class=&quot;header-part1&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;headerdisplayname&quot; style=&quot;display: inline;&quot;&gt;Subject: &lt;/div&gt;Delivery failure notification&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;headerdisplayname&quot; style=&quot;display: inline;&quot;&gt;From: &lt;/div&gt;Mail Delivery System &amp;lt;postmaster@localhost&amp;gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;headerdisplayname&quot; style=&quot;display: inline;&quot;&gt;Date: &lt;/div&gt;Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:57:07 +0300&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;header-part2&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tbody&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;headerdisplayname&quot; style=&quot;display: inline;&quot;&gt;To: &lt;/div&gt;&amp;lt;&amp;gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/tbody&gt;&lt;/table&gt; &lt;div class=&quot;moz-text-plain&quot; wrap=&quot;true&quot; graphical-quote=&quot;true&quot; style=&quot;font-family: -moz-fixed; font-size: 13px;&quot; lang=&quot;x-western&quot;&gt;&lt;pre wrap=&quot;&quot;&gt;With reference to your message with the subject: &quot;Delivery failure notification&quot; The local mail transport system has reported the following problems it encountered while trying to deliver your message: ------------------------------------------------------------------- *** &amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; User &amp;lt;&amp;lt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; not known at this site. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Your mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this message.&lt;/pre&gt;&lt;pre wrap=&quot;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/pre&gt;&lt;pre wrap=&quot;&quot;&gt;And every message gets longer and longer, because it can&#039;t send an error message, and another one is sent about that error... and it goes on, and on, and on.... Should you need assistance, please mail postmaster@localhost.&lt;/pre&gt;&lt;pre wrap=&quot;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/pre&gt;&lt;pre wrap=&quot;&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/pre&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;pre wrap=&quot;&quot;&gt;And every message gets longer and longer, because it can&#039;t send an error message, and another one is sent about that error... and it goes on, and on, and on....&lt;/pre&gt;

[quote][MercuryC]
# Session_logging:  G:\           # Directory to write session transcripts
host:             # mail mail host which relays for us
[/quote]

Host needs to be defined as your ISP smart host. Otherwise use MercuryE instead.

&lt;P&gt;[quote][MercuryC] # Session_logging:&amp;nbsp; G:\&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; # Directory to write session transcripts host:&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; # mail mail host which relays for us [/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Host needs to be defined as your ISP smart host. Otherwise use MercuryE instead.&lt;/P&gt;

Thanks! Now it sends mail normally! :) :) But, it still doesn't send confirmation e-mails if someone would register at my site... a bit of code

$send = mail($email , "Registration Confirmation" , "Thank you for registering with Techgeeks.\n\nYour username and password is below, along with details on how to activate your account.\n\nUser: ".$username."\nPass: ".$pass."\n\nClick the link below to activate your account:\nhttp://techgeeks.oo.lv/activate.php?id=".$act."\n\nPlease do not reply, this is an automated mailer.\n\nThanks", "FROM: whatshould@Iwritehere");

That is the send part of it...  and what exactly should I write in the FROM part? I've made a user called registration@localhost . Should I write that there? Or something else?

&lt;p&gt;Thanks! Now it sends mail normally! :) :) But, it still doesn&#039;t send confirmation e-mails if someone would register at my site... a bit of code&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;$send = mail($email , &quot;Registration Confirmation&quot; , &quot;Thank you for registering with Techgeeks.\n\nYour username and password is below, along with details on how to activate your account.\n\nUser: &quot;.$username.&quot;\nPass: &quot;.$pass.&quot;\n\nClick the link below to activate your account:\nhttp://techgeeks.oo.lv/activate.php?id=&quot;.$act.&quot;\n\nPlease do not reply, this is an automated mailer.\n\nThanks&quot;, &quot;FROM: whatshould@Iwritehere&quot;);&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;That is the send part of it...&amp;nbsp; and what exactly should I write in the FROM part? I&#039;ve made a user called registration@localhost . Should I write that there? Or something else? &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Edmachine"]

$send = mail($email , "Registration Confirmation" , "Thank you for registering with Techgeeks.\n\nYour username and password is below, along with details on how to activate your account.\n\nUser: ".$username."\nPass: ".$pass."\n\nClick the link below to activate your account:\nhttp://techgeeks.oo.lv/activate.php?id=".$act."\n\nPlease do not reply, this is an automated mailer.\n\nThanks", "FROM: whatshould@Iwritehere");

That is the send part of it...  and what exactly should I write in the FROM part? I've made a user called registration@localhost . Should I write that there? Or something else?
[/quote]

At first this is PHP and has nothing to do with Mercury.

For the FROM you should enter the FROM address which you like, e.g. registration@yourdomain.

Next you have to tell PHP which mailserver to use, if you are running PHP on WIN32 you have to change php.ini (normally within windows directory) like this:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = 192.168.2.3 ; <- This should be the IP where MercuryS is listening
sendmail_from= webmaster@yourcomain ; for Win32 only

At Mercury under Configuration / MercuryS SMTP Server, tab Connection control you should enter the IP of your webserver as allowed. 

After this it should run without problems.

[quote user=&quot;Edmachine&quot;] &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;$send = mail($email , &quot;Registration Confirmation&quot; , &quot;Thank you for registering with Techgeeks.\n\nYour username and password is below, along with details on how to activate your account.\n\nUser: &quot;.$username.&quot;\nPass: &quot;.$pass.&quot;\n\nClick the link below to activate your account:\nhttp://techgeeks.oo.lv/activate.php?id=&quot;.$act.&quot;\n\nPlease do not reply, this is an automated mailer.\n\nThanks&quot;, &quot;FROM: whatshould@Iwritehere&quot;);&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;That is the send part of it...&amp;nbsp; and what exactly should I write in the FROM part? I&#039;ve made a user called registration@localhost . Should I write that there? Or something else? [/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;At first this is PHP and has nothing to do with Mercury.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;For the FROM you should enter the FROM address which you like, e.g. registration&lt;A href=&quot;mailto:registration@yourdomain&quot; mce_href=&quot;mailto:info@yourdomain&quot;&gt;@yourdomain&lt;/A&gt;.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;Next you have to tell PHP which mailserver to use, if you are running PHP on WIN32 you have to change php.ini (normally within windows directory) like this:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;[mail function] ; For Win32 only. SMTP = 192.168.2.3 ; &amp;lt;- This should be the IP where MercuryS is listening sendmail_from= &lt;A href=&quot;mailto:webmaster@yourcomain&quot; mce_href=&quot;mailto:webmaster@yourcomain&quot;&gt;webmaster@yourcomain&lt;/A&gt; ; for Win32 only&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;At Mercury under Configuration / MercuryS SMTP Server, tab Connection control you should enter the IP of your webserver as allowed.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;After this it should run without problems. &lt;/P&gt;

Should I write my own IP in the MercuryS Connection Control? Because, my laptop is the server...

Should I write my own IP in the MercuryS Connection Control? Because, my laptop is the server...

Yes, you enter your external IP (NOT the 192.168.1.1 or 127.0.0.1).

Go to http://www.ip-adress.com/ to get your external IP.  That will be the IP to enter.

Good luck!

&lt;p&gt;Yes, you enter your external IP (NOT the 192.168.1.1 or 127.0.0.1).&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Go to http://www.ip-adress.com/ to get your external IP.&amp;nbsp; That will be the IP to enter.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; Good luck! &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Ok, I entered the IP, but now there is something wrong with php.ini .  The register script shows

Warning: mail() [function.mail]:

Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your

"SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\xampp\htdocs\register.php on line 62

I tried my IP, that IP before 3 or 4 posts, localhost, but it still shows the error. And I didn't set my IP in the SMTP Server thing to refuse.

&lt;p&gt;Ok, I entered the IP, but now there is something wrong with php.ini .&amp;nbsp; The register script shows &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;Warning&lt;/b&gt;: mail() [&lt;a href=&quot;http://techgeeks.oo.lv/function.mail&quot;&gt;function.mail&lt;/a&gt;]: Failed to connect to mailserver at &quot;localhost&quot; port 25, verify your &quot;SMTP&quot; and &quot;smtp_port&quot; setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in &lt;b&gt;C:\xampp\htdocs\register.php&lt;/b&gt; on line &lt;b&gt;62&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I tried my IP, that IP before 3 or 4 posts, localhost, but it still shows the error. And I didn&#039;t set my IP in the SMTP Server thing to refuse. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Edmachine"]

Ok, I entered the IP, but now there is something wrong with php.ini .  The register script shows

Warning: mail() [function.mail]:

Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your

"SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\xampp\htdocs\register.php on line 62

I tried my IP, that IP before 3 or 4 posts, localhost, but it still shows the error. And I didn't set my IP in the SMTP Server thing to refuse. [/quote]

Telnet into port 25 and see what happens.  You should get a response from MercuryS something like this.

220 tstephenson.com ESMTP server ready. 

This looks like you have not actually gone through the Mercury/32 configuration  to setup all the required protocols.  When you install XAMPP it does not actually configure Mercury/32, you need to do that yourself.

[quote user=&quot;Edmachine&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Ok, I entered the IP, but now there is something wrong with php.ini .&amp;nbsp; The register script shows &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;Warning&lt;/b&gt;: mail() [&lt;a href=&quot;http://techgeeks.oo.lv/function.mail&quot; mce_href=&quot;http://techgeeks.oo.lv/function.mail&quot;&gt;function.mail&lt;/a&gt;]: Failed to connect to mailserver at &quot;localhost&quot; port 25, verify your &quot;SMTP&quot; and &quot;smtp_port&quot; setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in &lt;b&gt;C:\xampp\htdocs\register.php&lt;/b&gt; on line &lt;b&gt;62&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I tried my IP, that IP before 3 or 4 posts, localhost, but it still shows the error. And I didn&#039;t set my IP in the SMTP Server thing to refuse. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Telnet into port 25 and see what happens.&amp;nbsp; You should get a response from MercuryS something like this. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;220 tstephenson.com ESMTP server ready.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This looks like you have not actually gone through the Mercury/32 configuration&amp;nbsp; to setup all the required protocols.&amp;nbsp; When you install XAMPP it does not actually configure Mercury/32, you need to do that yourself.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I got

220 admin ESMTP server ready.

I entered o localhost 25, was that correct? I guess so... 

But my guess is, that either the script or php.ini is the fault, because now I can send mail from the Mercury and Mozilla Thunderbird...

&lt;p&gt;I got &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;220 admin ESMTP server ready. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I entered o localhost 25, was that correct? I guess so...&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But my guess is, that either the script or php.ini is the fault, because now I can send mail from the Mercury and Mozilla Thunderbird... &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Edmachine"]Should I write my own IP in the MercuryS Connection Control? Because, my laptop is the server...
[/quote]

If it is on the same system simply enter 127.0.0.1 in Mercury's connection control as well as in PHP.INI.

&lt;P&gt;[quote user=&quot;Edmachine&quot;]Should I write my own IP in the MercuryS Connection Control? Because, my laptop is the server... [/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;If it is on the same system simply enter 127.0.0.1 in Mercury&#039;s connection control as well as in PHP.INI.&lt;/P&gt;

[quote user="axel"]

[quote user="Edmachine"]Should I write my own IP in the MercuryS Connection Control? Because, my laptop is the server...
[/quote]

If it is on the same system simply enter 127.0.0.1 in Mercury's connection control as well as in PHP.INI.

[/quote]

God, I did that, and it's still the same way... also, if I want to send from gmail.com an email (reminder perhaps) to my server, what should I write in the To: field. I have a domain named techgeeks.oo.lv, but I got it for free... there is an option MX checkbox and MX IP. Should I write anything there? If I write admin@techgeeks.oo.lv in the to: field it doesn't send, but I don't get any mail about the address being wrong. But I get mail if I send from Mercury to a user@localhost...

[quote user=&quot;axel&quot;]&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Edmachine&quot;]Should I write my own IP in the MercuryS Connection Control? Because, my laptop is the server... [/quote]&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;If it is on the same system simply enter 127.0.0.1 in Mercury&#039;s connection control as well as in PHP.INI.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;God, I did that, and it&#039;s still the same way... also, if I want to send from gmail.com an email (reminder perhaps) to my server, what should I write in the To: field. I have a domain named techgeeks.oo.lv, but I got it for free... there is an option MX checkbox and MX IP. Should I write anything there? If I write admin@techgeeks.oo.lv in the to: field it doesn&#039;t send, but I don&#039;t get any mail about the address being wrong. But I get mail if I send from Mercury to a user@localhost... &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Edmachine"]

God, I did that, and it's still the same way... also, if I want to send from gmail.com an email (reminder perhaps) to my server, what should I write in the To: field. I have a domain named techgeeks.oo.lv, but I got it for free... there is an option MX checkbox and MX IP. Should I write anything there? If I write admin@techgeeks.oo.lv in the to: field it doesn't send, but I don't get any mail about the address being wrong. But I get mail if I send from Mercury to a user@localhost...
[/quote]

Something with your XAMP installation/configuration might be wrong, unfortunatly I do not know this environment.

I checked your MX and there is no one:
Searching for techgeeks.oo.lv MX record at k.root-servers.net [193.0.14.129]: Got referral to ns-lv.ripe.net. (zone: lv.) [took 124 ms]
Searching for techgeeks.oo.lv MX record at ns-lv.ripe.net. [193.0.12.121]: Got referral to ns0.xname.org. (zone: oo.lv.) [took 125 ms]
Searching for techgeeks.oo.lv MX record at ns0.xname.org. [195.234.42.1]: Reports that no MX records exist. [took 123 ms] <!-- type=15 -->Response: No MX records exist for techgeeks.oo.lv. [Neg TTL=300 seconds] Details: ns0.xname.org. (an authoritative nameserver for oo.lv.) says that there are no MX records for techgeeks.oo.lv. The E-mail address in charge of the oo.lv. zone is: dns@openhost.be

If you have a fixed IP, then enter this IP as your MX IP, if not ask the company where you got your domain how to point mails for your domain to your mailserver. 

BTW. I tried a DNS check on techgeeks.oo.lv, but received only an error:
[ERROR: The parent servers say that the domain techgeeks.oo.lv does not have any NS records (although they may have some other information on that zone). I can not do a DNS report on a hostname (such as mail.example.com) or a domain name that does not have its own zone.]

[quote user=&quot;Edmachine&quot;] &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;God, I did that, and it&#039;s still the same way... also, if I want to send from gmail.com an email (reminder perhaps) to my server, what should I write in the To: field. I have a domain named techgeeks.oo.lv, but I got it for free... there is an option MX checkbox and MX IP. Should I write anything there? If I write admin@techgeeks.oo.lv in the to: field it doesn&#039;t send, but I don&#039;t get any mail about the address being wrong. But I get mail if I send from Mercury to a user@localhost... [/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;Something with your XAMP installation/configuration might be wrong, unfortunatly I do not know this environment.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;I checked your MX and there is no one: Searching for techgeeks.oo.lv MX record at k.root-servers.net [193.0.14.129]: Got referral to ns-lv.ripe.net. (zone: lv.) [took 124 ms] Searching for techgeeks.oo.lv MX record at ns-lv.ripe.net. [193.0.12.121]: Got referral to ns0.xname.org. (zone: oo.lv.) [took 125 ms] Searching for techgeeks.oo.lv MX record at ns0.xname.org. [195.234.42.1]: Reports that no MX records exist. [took 123 ms] &lt;!-- type=15 --&gt;Response: &lt;B&gt;No MX records exist for techgeeks.oo.lv.&lt;/B&gt; [Neg TTL=300 seconds] Details: ns0.xname.org. (an authoritative nameserver for oo.lv.) says that there are no MX records for techgeeks.oo.lv. The E-mail address in charge of the oo.lv. zone is: &lt;A href=&quot;mailto:dns@openhost.be&quot;&gt;dns@openhost.be&lt;/A&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;If you have a fixed IP, then enter this IP as your MX IP, if not ask the company where you got your domain how to&amp;nbsp;point mails for your domain to your mailserver.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;BTW. I tried a DNS check on techgeeks.oo.lv, but received only an error: [ERROR: The parent servers say that the domain techgeeks.oo.lv does not have any NS records (although they may have some other information on that zone). I can not do a DNS report on a hostname (such as mail.example.com) or a domain name that does not have its own zone.]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt; &amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;

There are no NS records... because I don't have them... I have it set to A : my.ip.is.here

And I haven't entered anything in the MX IP part yet. Should I enter my IP there?

&lt;p&gt;There are no NS records... because I don&#039;t have them... I have it set to&lt;font style=&quot;font-size: 11px;&quot; color=&quot;#222244&quot; face=&quot;Verdana&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&gt; A : my.ip.is.here &lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;And I haven&#039;t entered anything in the MX IP part yet. Should I enter my IP there? &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Edmachine"]

There are no NS records... because I don't have them... I have it set to A : my.ip.is.here

And I haven't entered anything in the MX IP part yet. Should I enter my IP there?

[/quote]

How any system in the world should reach you if there is no IP set for your domain (web and email)?
The IP is your address, if it is unknown no one can reach you.

[quote user=&quot;Edmachine&quot;] &lt;P&gt;There are no NS records... because I don&#039;t have them... I have it set to&lt;FONT style=&quot;FONT-SIZE: 11px&quot; face=Verdana color=#222244 size=2&gt; A : my.ip.is.here &lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;And I haven&#039;t entered anything in the MX IP part yet. Should I enter my IP there? &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;[/quote]&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;How any system in the world should reach you if there is no IP set for your domain (web and email)? The IP is your address, if it is unknown no one can reach you.&lt;/P&gt;

[quote user="axel"][quote user="Edmachine"]

[/quote]

How any system in the world should reach you if there is no IP set for your domain (web and email)?
The IP is your address, if it is unknown no one can reach you.

[/quote]

I have my IP entered there! I don't have the MX IP entered... MX is for mail, afaik.

Anyways, I got an e-mail from Mail Delivery System saying this:

Temporary error 249 (temporary MX resolution error) resolving 'inbox.lv'.

And about 12 the same lines...

So, all I want to know now is, what should I enter in the MX IP field???

[quote user=&quot;axel&quot;][quote user=&quot;Edmachine&quot;] &lt;p&gt;There are no NS records... because I don&#039;t have them... I have it set to&lt;font style=&quot;font-size: 11px;&quot; color=&quot;#222244&quot; face=&quot;Verdana&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&gt; A : my.ip.is.here &lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;And I haven&#039;t entered anything in the MX IP part yet. Should I enter my IP there? &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;How any system in the world should reach you if there is no IP set for your domain (web and email)? The IP is your address, if it is unknown no one can reach you.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;I have my IP entered there! I don&#039;t have the MX IP entered... MX is for mail, afaik. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Anyways, I got an e-mail from Mail Delivery System saying this:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Temporary error 249 (temporary MX resolution error) resolving &#039;inbox.lv&#039;.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;And about 12 the same lines...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;So, all I want to know now is, what should I enter in the MX IP field??? &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Ha ha ha...

OK, I will explain as much as I know of my current situation.

When I register with demo@techgeeks.oo.lv (that is my domain), it sends the activation mail.

When I register with an email from gmail.com, I don't get anything.

When I send a mail from gmail.com, I get that message.

When I send from Mercury to gmail.com, I don't receive.

My domain settings are:

Mode: A

IP/Host: **.***.***.** (my IP)

MX: Checked

MX IP: **.***.***.** (my IP)

I hope that clears something... currently the thing I want to know the most, is what I entered in MX IP field is correct. If not, what should I write there?

&lt;p&gt;Ha ha ha...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;OK, I will explain as much as I know of my current situation.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;When I register with demo@techgeeks.oo.lv (that is my domain), it sends the activation mail.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;When I register with an email from gmail.com, I don&#039;t get anything.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;When I send a mail from gmail.com, I get that message.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;When I send from Mercury to gmail.com, I don&#039;t receive.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;My domain settings are:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mode: A&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;IP/Host: **.***.***.** (my IP)&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;MX: Checked&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;MX IP: **.***.***.** (my IP)&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I hope that clears something... currently the thing I want to know the most, is what I entered in MX IP field is correct. If not, what should I write there? &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft