Community Discussions and Support
Bug when creating a new identity

Hello,

i discovered a little bug, which concernes the creation of a new identity:

• I create a new identity on the base of another
  • i create a new pop3 definition (e.g. POP-TEST), and delete the def of the base identity
  • i restart pegasus (because if there is a crash, which happens sometimes, the new id is lost)
  • i delete the old smtp def. for the new id.
  • i create a new smtp def. for the new id. i name i e.g SMTP-TEST
  • i select the new pop3 def. for auth. for the new smtp def (on the smtp conf. -> security tab -> the last checkbox)
  • i press ok and select the new 'SMTP-TEST' from the smtp-defs.
  • now i have POP-TEST in the smtp and NOT the 'SMTP-TEST', which is wrong and anyway should be impossible
  • if i save it and restart pegasus i still have the pop-def in the smtp-def window!

If i use this (wrong) popdef. now for smtp i get the error that there is no existing smtp definition, which is clear, because there is a pop-definition in the smtp window.

<P>Hello,</P> <P>i discovered a little bug, which concernes the creation of a new identity:</P> <UL> <LI>I create a new identity on the base of another</LI> <LI>i create a new pop3 definition (e.g. POP-TEST), and delete the def of the base identity</LI> <LI>i restart pegasus (because if there is a crash, which happens sometimes, the new id is lost)</LI> <LI>i delete the old smtp def. for the new id.</LI> <LI>i create a new smtp def. for the new id. i name i e.g SMTP-TEST</LI> <LI>i select the new pop3 def. for auth. for the new smtp def (on the smtp conf. -> security tab -> the last checkbox)</LI> <LI>i press ok and select the new 'SMTP-TEST' from the smtp-defs.</LI> <LI>now i have POP-TEST in the smtp and NOT the 'SMTP-TEST', which is wrong and anyway should be impossible</LI> <LI>if i save it and restart pegasus i still have the pop-def in the smtp-def window!</LI></UL> <P>If i use this (wrong) popdef. now for smtp i get the error that there is no existing smtp definition, which is clear, because there is a pop-definition in the smtp window.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft