Community Discussions and Support
N00B Again: Disable RCPT ?

[quote user="Rolf Lindby"]

If you block all incoming messages with <> as sender you may block more than you intend to. Delivery failure messages from SMTP servers can have that as well.

/Rolf 

[/quote]

Thanx for that heads-up.
At present I am moving the messages to a black-hole mailbox that I monitor.
I'll keep an eye open for that sort of message before I institute "killfile" :)

[quote user=&quot;Rolf Lindby&quot;]&lt;p&gt;If you block all incoming messages with &amp;lt;&amp;gt; as sender you may block more than you intend to. Delivery failure messages from SMTP servers can have that as well.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;/Rolf&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanx for that heads-up. At present I am moving the messages to a black-hole mailbox that I monitor. I&#039;ll keep an eye open for that sort of message before I institute &quot;killfile&quot; :) &lt;/p&gt;

Is there any hidden option to turn off email delivery and/or Read receipt processing ?

(Certain people have this set as a default - mostly just pointless noise back and forth)

&lt;p&gt;Is there any hidden option to turn off email delivery and/or Read receipt processing ?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;(Certain people have this set as a default - mostly just pointless noise back and forth)&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

For delivery receipts, go to: Configuration / Mercury core / Files and make sure the 'Delivery confirmation template' is blank or points to a non-existing file.

(Read confirmation is done at the client - you could try a global filter depending on how they are formatted.)

&lt;P&gt;For delivery receipts, go to: Configuration / Mercury core / Files and make sure the &#039;Delivery confirmation template&#039; is blank or points to a non-existing file.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;(Read confirmation is done at the client - you could try a global filter depending on how they are formatted.)&lt;/P&gt;

Hi there.

The messages I'm referring to are indeed ReadReceipt.
They show up in the Mercury Core Process log window as :
 hh:mm:ss Job MG0009B2: from <> (local)
   To: whoever@someplace.com (non-local) (Job MO0009B3)-OK

I had no joy trying to catch these in the outgoing filter.
( Looking in headers where "F" (from) or "E" (sender) = "<>" (exact match)
The line in ORULES.MER  was
        If header "F" is "<>" Move "BLACKHOLE"

HOWEVER:  We have a winner.
    I had to resort to scanning all headers for "Return-path: <>"
    This is in global RULES.MER, not in outgoing ORULES.MER
    If expression headers matches "Return-path: <>" Move "BLACKHOLE"

I hope this post saves someone a little time.

&lt;p&gt;Hi there. The messages I&#039;m referring to are indeed ReadReceipt. They show up in the Mercury Core Process log window as : &lt;b&gt;&amp;nbsp;hh:mm:ss Job MG0009B2: from &amp;lt;&amp;gt; (local) &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; To: whoever@someplace.com (non-local) (Job MO0009B3)-OK&lt;/b&gt; &amp;nbsp;I had no joy trying to catch these in the outgoing filter. ( Looking in headers where &quot;F&quot; (from) or &quot;E&quot; (sender) = &quot;&amp;lt;&amp;gt;&quot; (exact match) The line in ORULES.MER&amp;nbsp; was &lt;b&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; If header &quot;F&quot; is &quot;&amp;lt;&amp;gt;&quot; Move &quot;BLACKHOLE&quot;&lt;/b&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; &lt;b&gt;HOWEVER:&lt;/b&gt;&amp;nbsp; We have a winner. &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; I had to resort to scanning all headers for &quot;Return-path: &amp;lt;&amp;gt;&quot; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; This is in global RULES.MER, not in outgoing ORULES.MER &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &lt;b&gt;If expression headers matches &quot;Return-path: &amp;lt;&amp;gt;&quot; Move &quot;BLACKHOLE&quot;&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I hope this post saves someone a little time. &lt;/p&gt;

If you block all incoming messages with <> as sender you may block more than you intend to. Delivery failure messages from SMTP servers can have that as well.

/Rolf 

&lt;p&gt;If you block all incoming messages with &amp;lt;&amp;gt; as sender you may block more than you intend to. Delivery failure messages from SMTP servers can have that as well.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;/Rolf&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft