Community Discussions and Support
Search will not work at times

Having investigated further, it appears that search will not work unless the Recent Search Results folder is visible in the folder list. If it is a sub-folder and the main folder is closed, search will not work. (Version 4.41 (Win 32))

Any comments? 

<p>Having investigated further, it appears that search will not work unless the Recent Search Results folder is visible in the folder list. If it is a sub-folder and the main folder is closed, search will not work. (Version 4.41 (Win 32))</p><p>Any comments? </p>

I have been using Pegasus for seven years but have recently had problems with the Edit/|Find text... facility, mostly in the New Mail folder. Sometimes it works and then it will not work.

I can 'trick' it into working by opening the Sent folder, doing a search (which usually works) and then returning to the New Mail folder and doing a search, which again, will now usually work.

I do not change any settings, and never change settings between searches. I always use the default settings (multiple/delete results on exist/current folder only/no age or date constraints).

I use Pegasus 4.14 (Win 32) and have searched the site for a previous query of this sort but have found nothing to help.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you.

<p>I have been using Pegasus for seven years but have recently had problems with the Edit/|Find text... facility, mostly in the New Mail folder. Sometimes it works and then it will not work.</p><p>I can 'trick' it into working by opening the Sent folder, doing a search (which usually works) and then returning to the New Mail folder and doing a search, which again, will now usually work.</p><p>I do not change any settings, and never change settings between searches. I always use the default settings (multiple/delete results on exist/current folder only/no age or date constraints).</p><p>I use Pegasus 4.14 (Win 32) and have searched the site for a previous query of this sort but have found nothing to help.</p><p>Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you.  </p>

[quote user="oonumberoo"]

I have been using Pegasus for seven years but have recently had problems with the Edit/|Find text... facility, mostly in the New Mail folder. Sometimes it works and then it will not work.

I can 'trick' it into working by opening the Sent folder, doing a search (which usually works) and then returning to the New Mail folder and doing a search, which again, will now usually work.

I do not change any settings, and never change settings between searches. I always use the default settings (multiple/delete results on exist/current folder only/no age or date constraints).

I use Pegasus 4.14 (Win 32) and have searched the site for a previous query of this sort but have found nothing to help.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you.

[/quote]

Depending on the spot you start a search Pegasus Mail set's the default it uses. So it might very well be that it doesn't look at the new mail folder because you are in a tray or such. You might need to change the options in the Folders to search section.

[quote user="oonumberoo"]<p>I have been using Pegasus for seven years but have recently had problems with the Edit/|Find text... facility, mostly in the New Mail folder. Sometimes it works and then it will not work.</p><p>I can 'trick' it into working by opening the Sent folder, doing a search (which usually works) and then returning to the New Mail folder and doing a search, which again, will now usually work.</p><p>I do not change any settings, and never change settings between searches. I always use the default settings (multiple/delete results on exist/current folder only/no age or date constraints).</p><p>I use Pegasus 4.14 (Win 32) and have searched the site for a previous query of this sort but have found nothing to help.</p><p>Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> Depending on the spot you start a search Pegasus Mail set's the default it uses. So it might very well be that it doesn't look at the new mail folder because you are in a tray or such. You might need to change the options in the Folders to search section.</p><p>  </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Thank you for the reply, but I can make nothing of it.

1. What does  "Depending on the spot you start a search" mean? When searching the New Mail folder, I have it open and usually have the top (most recent) email highlighted, and then click Edit/Find text and then enter the text I am looking for.

2. "You might need to change the options in the Folders to search section." I have been using Pegasus for seven years and have never had to change anything in order to search. Why has something changed?

I am grateful for your comments, but can make nothing of what you suggest I do.

<p>Thank you for the reply, but I can make nothing of it.</p><p>1. What does  "Depending on the spot you start a search" mean? When searching the New Mail folder, I have it open and usually have the top (most recent) email highlighted, and then click Edit/Find text and then enter the text I am looking for. </p><p> 2. "You might need to change the options in the Folders to search section." I have been using Pegasus for seven years and have never had to change anything in order to search. Why has something changed?</p><p>I am grateful for your comments, but can make nothing of what you suggest I do.  </p>

[quote user="oonumberoo"]

[/quote]

I haven't personally encountered problems like this. Are you able to put together some sequence of steps that will reliably generate the problem? If so, could you post them here or mail them to me, and I'll look into it in more detail for you.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="oonumberoo"]<p>I have been using Pegasus for seven years but have recently had problems with the Edit/|Find text... facility, mostly in the New Mail folder. Sometimes it works and then it will not work.</p>[/quote] I haven't personally encountered problems like this. Are you able to put together some sequence of steps that will reliably generate the problem? If so, could you post them here or mail them to me, and I'll look into it in more detail for you. Cheers! -- David --

I can now see how to repeat the problem.

I am searching in the New Mail folder (Edit/Find text). 

If the yellow Sent filing tray is closed (+ Sent), a search will not work, and the whole list of emails remains on screen as before the search.

If the yellow Sent filing tray is open (- Sent, with + Recent Search Results and the white Sent envelope icon beneath it)  a search will work.

(When the first search of any session is conducted, there is always a blank line at the top of the drop down list of previous searches. After the initial search, this  is not present. This is probably not relevant.) 

<p>I can now see how to repeat the problem.</p><p>I am searching in the New Mail folder (Edit/Find text). </p><p>If the yellow Sent filing tray is closed (+ Sent), a search will not work, and the whole list of emails remains on screen as before the search.</p><p>If the yellow Sent filing tray is open (- Sent, with + Recent Search Results and the white Sent envelope icon beneath it)  a search will work.</p><p>(When the first search of any session is conducted, there is always a blank line at the top of the drop down list of previous searches. After the initial search, this  is not present. This is probably not relevant.) </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft