Community Discussions and Support
Text shown in "From" column of sent-mail

Thank you for the response. Might be it would be optimum if one could replace the From: field by the To: field or add the To: field for selected folders.

The  IMAP server which our university is using is SuSe Linux Openexchange Server 4.

Regards,

Bernd

<P>Thank you for the response. Might be it would be optimum if one could replace the From: field by the To: field or add the To: field for selected folders.</P> <P>The  IMAP server which our university is using is SuSe Linux Openexchange Server 4.</P> <P>Regards,</P> <P>Bernd</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

When I connect to my email server by IMAP the "From" column in the message windows "sent-mail" shows my own name. Is is possible to have the message header "To" displayed there?

Also when I move a message from "sent-mail" to e.g. "Copies to self" I am seeing my own name in the "From" column. There I can change the text shown in the "From" column in the "Message properties" window, but I have to do that for every single message.

Is there a solution to this problem?

(I have installed Pegasus Mail just some days ago. I had searched through the manual, FAQ and forum without finding an answer.)

<P>When I connect to my email server by IMAP the "From" column in the message windows "sent-mail" shows my own name. Is is possible to have the message header "To" displayed there?</P> <P>Also when I move a message from "sent-mail" to e.g. "Copies to self" I am seeing my own name in the "From" column. There I can change the text shown in the "From" column in the "Message properties" window, but I have to do that for every single message.</P> <P>Is there a solution to this problem?</P> <P>(I have installed Pegasus Mail just some days ago. I had searched through the manual, FAQ and forum without finding an answer.)</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

[quote user="df9gp"]

When I connect to my email server by IMAP the "From" column in the message windows "sent-mail" shows my own name. Is is possible to have the message header "To" displayed there?

[/quote]

The principal problem here is that Pegasus Mail doesn't necessarily know that this is a "copy-to-self" folder, so it also doesn't know that it should fetch an alternative field for the precis column. I'll note this problem and see if some bright idea presents itself, but for now I can't really offer much of a solution.

Out of curiosity, do you know what IMAP server you're using?

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="df9gp"]<p>When I connect to my email server by IMAP the "From" column in the message windows "sent-mail" shows my own name. Is is possible to have the message header "To" displayed there?</p>[/quote] The principal problem here is that Pegasus Mail doesn't necessarily know that this is a "copy-to-self" folder, so it also doesn't know that it should fetch an alternative field for the precis column. I'll note this problem and see if some bright idea presents itself, but for now I can't really offer much of a solution. Out of curiosity, do you know what IMAP server you're using? Cheers! -- David --

This is probably one of the only reasons I'm using Thunderbird rather than Pegasus [:$]

I do a lot of IMAP filing of email (MercI) on a job or customer basis, that always includes mail to & from several members of our company.

We all use these folders to track progress on our projects so knowing who the mail is From & To is a must. 

Not being able to add the To: field (as you can add pretty much any field in TB or lookOut) to the list view was a deal-breaker for this task.

Please note: This is an observation NOT a gripe. I have no idea what the implications of this functionality would be in Pegasus. 

<p>This is probably one of the only reasons I'm using Thunderbird rather than Pegasus [:$]</p><p>I do a lot of IMAP filing of email (MercI) on a job or customer basis, that always includes mail to & from several members of our company.</p><p>We all use these folders to track progress on our projects so knowing who the mail is From & To is a must. </p><p>Not being able to add the To: field (as you can add pretty much any field in TB or lookOut) to the list view was a deal-breaker for this task.</p><p>Please note: This is an observation NOT a gripe. I have no idea what the implications of this functionality would be in Pegasus. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft