Pegasus Mail Suggestions
missing text in replies

[quote user="thm"]I use the latest offical version (4.63) and I only write and read text-version of messages. The solution which indeed was delivered in the support-forum is, that the effect disappers when I activate the "Use IERenderer"-option.[/quote]

But you certainly reply to HTML messages here, otherwise IERenderer would not be involved. IOW: No matter what you prefer, if the messages replied to solely contain HTML text you're stuck with it no matter whether you like it or not ...

<p>[quote user="thm"]I use the latest offical version (4.63) and I only write and read text-version of messages. The solution which indeed was delivered in the support-forum is, that the effect disappers when I activate the "Use IERenderer"-option.[/quote]</p><p>But you certainly reply to HTML messages here, otherwise IERenderer would not be involved. IOW: No matter what you prefer, if the messages replied to solely contain HTML text you're stuck with it no matter whether you like it or not ...</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Good afternoon from Western Europe!

Since a couple of months there is a problem with the quotation of received e-mails in replies. 

I use the "text only"-modus to view e-mails. When I "reply" to an e-mail in almost 50 pervcent of cases the original text of the e-mail is not displayed in the reply. Only the header of the original e-mail is.

When I switch to the "fancy" mode (instead of "text only") while viewing the original e-mail before I press "reply", the original e-mail ist perfectly quoted in the reply. This effect didn't occur some months ago.

Thanks a lot for any solution!

thm

<p>Good afternoon from Western Europe! </p><p>Since a couple of months there is a problem with the quotation of received e-mails in replies.  </p><p>I use the "text only"-modus to view e-mails. When I "reply" to an e-mail in almost 50 pervcent of cases the original text of the e-mail is not displayed in the reply. Only the header of the original e-mail is.</p><p>When I switch to the "fancy" mode (instead of "text only") while viewing the original e-mail before I press "reply", the original e-mail ist perfectly quoted in the reply. This effect didn't occur some months ago. </p><p>Thanks a lot for any solution!</p><p>thm </p><p> </p>

The support forum is a better place to ask for ... support ...

<a href="/forums/10/ShowForum.aspx" mce_href="/forums/10/ShowForum.aspx" target="_blank">The support forum</a> is a better place to ask for ... support ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Actually, I regarded it as a bug which I wanted to report. But I can post it in the support forum as well.

Actually, I regarded it as a bug which I wanted to report. But I can post it in the support forum as well.

You might even find a solution there: If it was such a longstanding bug as you seem to suppose you certainly wouldn't be the only one encountering it. BTW: What version of Pegasus Mail are we talking about? What kind of messages are affected (plain text only, HTML text only, combined plain/HTML text messages)?

You might even find a solution there: If it was such a longstanding bug as you seem to suppose you certainly wouldn't be the only one encountering it. BTW: What version of Pegasus Mail are we talking about? What kind of messages are affected (plain text only, HTML text only, combined plain/HTML text messages)?
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I thought I shouldn't be the only one but I couldn't find anything about it in the forum.

I use the latest offical version (4.63) and I only write and read text-version of messages. The solution which indeed was delivered in the support-forum is, that the effect disappers when I activate the "Use IERenderer"-option.

Maybe all the other users did so. If I deactivate this option, the problem is reproducible. 

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards
thm

<p>Thanks for your reply. Yes, I thought I shouldn't be the only one but I couldn't find anything about it in the forum.</p><p>I use the latest offical version (4.63) and I only write and read text-version of messages. The solution which indeed was delivered in the support-forum is, that the effect disappers when I activate the "Use IERenderer"-option. </p><p>Maybe all the other users did so. If I deactivate this option, the problem is reproducible.  </p><p>Thanks for your advice.</p><p>Best regards thm </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft