Community Discussions and Support
Dismiss tray icon's popup menu?

[quote user="David Harris"]I see this from time to time, but am not sure quite why it happens, nor how to fix it.

I'll note it as something to revisit next time I'm working on the frame window code.

[/quote]

The simple strategy mentioned in  KB135788 has always worked for me.

- Vince 

<p>[quote user="David Harris"]I see this from time to time, but am not sure quite why it happens, nor how to fix it. I'll note it as something to revisit next time I'm working on the frame window code. [/quote]</p><p>The simple strategy mentioned in  KB135788 has always worked for me.</p><p> - Vince </p>

Is there a way to simply dismiss the tray icon's popup menu?  I can't find one.

FWIW, to allow <Esc> or a stray mouse click to cancel a tray icon's popup menu, I use

SetForegroundWindow(hwndMenuOwner);

TrackPopupMenu(..., hwndMenuOwner, ...);

[See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/135788]

- Vince

&lt;p&gt;Is there a way to simply dismiss the tray icon&#039;s popup menu?&amp;nbsp; I can&#039;t find one. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;FWIW, to allow &amp;lt;Esc&amp;gt; or a stray mouse click to cancel a tray icon&#039;s popup menu, I use&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; SetForegroundWindow(hwndMenuOwner);&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; TrackPopupMenu(..., hwndMenuOwner, ...);&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/135788]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;- Vince &amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;

I see this from time to time, but am not sure quite why it happens, nor how to fix it.

I'll note it as something to revisit next time I'm working on the frame window code.

Cheers!

-- David --

I see this from time to time, but am not sure quite why it happens, nor how to fix it. I&#039;ll note it as something to revisit next time I&#039;m working on the frame window code. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft