Community Discussions and Support
Favorable PMail review

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]Thanks have read it now. Text must be somewhat updated as it contains some recent news.[/quote]

Your are right. It is the original article from 2005, but it was set into the web-mail/freemail content.

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]Thanks have read it now. Text must be somewhat updated as it contains some recent news.[/quote] Your are right. It is the original article from 2005, but it was set into the web-mail/freemail content.

Dear PMail enthusiasts

I would like to point out that there is an article in tomorrow's edition (7/17/07) of the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung", which is one of Germany's leading newspapers, that very favorably mentions Pegasus Mail.

The article is about alternatives to Microsoft Outlook. Basically the two alternatives mentioned are Thunderbird and Pegasus Mail.

It says, Thunderbird has a more modern look, while PMail looks rather "altbacken" (which translates to 'dowdy' or 'frumpy' according to dict.leo.org).

Thunderbird, it goes on, would be more for beginners, while PMail would be the right choice for anybody who wants to organize his/her e-mails in a professional manner. The spam filter mechanisms of both programs are also commended.

Interestingly, a feature which neither Outlook or Pegasus Mail have, is Thunderbird's ability to mark all e-mails in the inbox which originate from addresses listet in the local addressbook. That does sound quite useful (I never tried Thunderbird, but did try Outlook and also The Bat!, and they could not mach up to PMail, in my opinion -- I have been using PMail daily for ten years now).

The last sentence of the article reads, "with its modern look, we prefer Thunderbird to Pegasus" ("Mit seiner schönen Optik gefällt uns Thunderbird etwas besser als Pegasus.").

Just FYI.

lazy

Dear PMail enthusiasts I would like to point out that there is an article in tomorrow's edition (7/17/07) of the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung", which is one of Germany's leading newspapers, that very favorably mentions Pegasus Mail. The article is about alternatives to Microsoft Outlook. Basically the two alternatives mentioned are Thunderbird and Pegasus Mail. It says, Thunderbird has a more modern look, while PMail looks rather "altbacken" (which translates to 'dowdy' or 'frumpy' according to dict.leo.org). Thunderbird, it goes on, would be more for beginners, while PMail would be the right choice for anybody who wants to organize his/her e-mails in a professional manner. The spam filter mechanisms of both programs are also commended. Interestingly, a feature which neither Outlook or Pegasus Mail have, is Thunderbird's ability to mark all e-mails in the inbox which originate from addresses listet in the local addressbook. That does sound quite useful (I never tried Thunderbird, but did try Outlook and also The Bat!, and they could not mach up to PMail, in my opinion -- I have been using PMail daily for ten years now). The last sentence of the article reads, "with its modern look, we prefer Thunderbird to Pegasus" ("Mit seiner schönen Optik gefällt uns Thunderbird etwas besser als Pegasus."). Just FYI. lazy

[quote user="lazy_leukocyte"]"Mit seiner schönen Optik gefällt uns ...[/quote]

Oberfläche, oberfläche, Immer oberfläche - Man isst was schön aussieht.

Thanks for the input - Lazy - my comment for the English world - "Surface, surface, always surface - you eat what meets your eye" meaning - an attractive look and feel is more and more important to refurnish old and reliable software.

Lazy, do you have a link to the article?

<P>[quote user="lazy_leukocyte"]"Mit seiner schönen Optik gefällt uns ...[/quote]</P> <P>Oberfläche, oberfläche, Immer oberfläche - Man isst was schön aussieht.</P> <P>Thanks for the input - Lazy - my comment for the English world - "Surface, surface, always surface - you eat what meets your eye" meaning - an attractive look and feel is more and more important to refurnish old and reliable software.</P> <P>Lazy, do you have a link to the article?</P>

Hello! [quote user="Peter Strömblad"] Lazy, do you have a link to the article? [/quote] I have searched FAZ's online resources - there is an article about the rewiew; however, you have to pay for reading it (2 EUR).

Hello! [quote user="Peter Strömblad"] Lazy, do you have a link to the article? [/quote] I have searched FAZ's online resources - there is an article about the rewiew; however, you have to pay for reading it (2 EUR).

Very interesting how FAZ recycles its articles. The same article was published in May 2005 in FAZ Sunday's edition. More than two years ago....

Very interesting how FAZ recycles its articles. The same article was published in May 2005 in FAZ Sunday's edition. More than two years ago....

OK, they have put it onto their website for free:

http://www.faz.net/s/Rub4C34FD0B1A7E46B88B0653D6358499FF/Doc~EDCBFA679B743425891AC11A53DBC1E98~ATpl~Ecommon~Scontent.html

But maybe it is not going to be there for very long...

[OT] As for the article recycling: I did not realize that this particular piece had been published before as I do not subscribe to the Sunday Edition; but I do subscribe to their archives, and it has occured to me in the past that they reuse quite a lot of their work -- copy & paste-journalism...

Somewhat disappointing, but I guess this is the "game" and that all the newspapers/magazines do it.

If not, this would prompt me to write my first letter to the editor...[/OT]

lazy

OK, they have put it onto their website for free: <A href="http://www.faz.net/s/Rub4C34FD0B1A7E46B88B0653D6358499FF/Doc~EDCBFA679B743425891AC11A53DBC1E98~ATpl~Ecommon~Scontent.html" mce_href="http://www.faz.net/s/Rub4C34FD0B1A7E46B88B0653D6358499FF/Doc~EDCBFA679B743425891AC11A53DBC1E98~ATpl~Ecommon~Scontent.html" target="_blank">http://www.faz.net/s/Rub4C34FD0B1A7E46B88B0653D6358499FF/Doc~EDCBFA679B743425891AC11A53DBC1E98~ATpl~Ecommon~Scontent.html</A> But maybe it is not going to be there for very long... [OT] As for the article recycling: I did not realize that this particular piece had been published before as I do not subscribe to the Sunday Edition; but I do subscribe to their archives, and it has occured to me in the past that they reuse quite a lot of their work -- copy & paste-journalism... Somewhat disappointing, but I guess this is the "game" and that all the newspapers/magazines do it. If not, this would prompt me to write my first letter to the editor...[/OT] lazy

Thanks have read it now. Text must be somewhat updated as it contains some recent news.

Thanks have read it now. Text must be somewhat updated as it contains some recent news.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft