Community Discussions and Support
Using multiple domains with Mercury

I found it, I was searching only in the config file.

Thank you very much! 

<p>I found it, I was searching only in the config file.</p><p>Thank you very much! </p>

Hi,

How Can I use Mercury/32 for 2 domains? I have to use two installations? Wouldn't be a problem with ports?

I want to use one machine for both my domains.

Thanks!

Toncho

<p>Hi,</p><p> How Can I use Mercury/32 for 2 domains? I have to use two installations? Wouldn't be a problem with ports? </p><p>I want to use one machine for both my domains.</p><p> Thanks!</p><p> </p><p>Toncho  </p>

[quote user="toncho11"]

Hi,

How Can I use Mercury/32 for 2 domains? I have to use two installations? Wouldn't be a problem with ports?

I want to use one machine for both my domains.

Thanks!

Toncho

[/quote]

There are a couple of ways.  The easy way is to just add the second domain in the domains section.  All users are members of both domains, one would be the primary domain.  The DNS would point both domains to the same IP address.  The other method is to run two separate installations and bind two different IP addresses to either the same card or use two different cards. 

[quote user="toncho11"]<p>Hi,</p><p> How Can I use Mercury/32 for 2 domains? I have to use two installations? Wouldn't be a problem with ports? </p><p>I want to use one machine for both my domains.</p><p> Thanks!</p><p> </p><p>Toncho  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>There are a couple of ways.  The easy way is to just add the second domain in the domains section.  All users are members of both domains, one would be the primary domain.  The DNS would point both domains to the same IP address.  The other method is to run two separate installations and bind two different IP addresses to either the same card or use two different cards.  </p><p> </p>

10x.

I will try with the second IP address. How do I bind Mercury to a specific IP address? 

<p>10x.</p><p>I will try with the second IP address. How do I bind Mercury to a specific IP address? </p>

[quote user="toncho11"]

10x.

I will try with the second IP address. How do I bind Mercury to a specific IP address? 

[/quote]

Each of the servers (MercuryS, MercuryI, MercuryP) have a configuration item that allows you to bind to a specific interface.

[quote user="toncho11"]<p>10x.</p><p>I will try with the second IP address. How do I bind Mercury to a specific IP address? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Each of the servers (MercuryS, MercuryI, MercuryP) have a configuration item that allows you to bind to a specific interface.</p><p> </p>

What option should I use to  [MercuryS] to bind to a different IP address? "Server"?

[MercuryS]
# Session_logging:  G:\           # Directory to write session transcripts
debug:       1                    # Whether or not to show session progress
# allow:       192.156.225.2        # A machine we WILL permit to connect
# refuse:      192.156.225.0        # A group of machines we WON'T permit.
logfile:     D:\Program Files\MERCURY\Logs\MERCURYS.LOG
# size:        1500000
Relay : 0         # Control non-local relaying

<p>What option should I use to  [MercuryS] to bind to a different IP address? "Server"? </p><p> </p><p>[MercuryS] # Session_logging:  G:\           # Directory to write session transcripts debug:       1                    # Whether or not to show session progress # allow:       192.156.225.2        # A machine we WILL permit to connect # refuse:      192.156.225.0        # A group of machines we WON'T permit. logfile:     D:\Program Files\MERCURY\Logs\MERCURYS.LOG # size:        1500000 Relay : 0         # Control non-local relaying</p>

Not sure where it's in Mercury.ini but the option listed as "IP Interface to use" in the MercuryS configuration.  You simply list the IP address you want to use.

Not sure where it's in Mercury.ini but the option listed as "IP Interface to use" in the MercuryS configuration.  You simply list the IP address you want to use.

Thanks, but I just do not see it. I do not see anything like: "IP Interface to use". What about "host:"??

Thanks, but I just do not see it. I do not see anything like: "IP Interface to use". What about "host:"??

[quote user="toncho11"]Thanks, but I just do not see it. I do not see anything like: "IP Interface to use". What about "host:"??
[/quote]

I'm confused.  Are you looking at Configuration | MercuryS?

<p>[quote user="toncho11"]Thanks, but I just do not see it. I do not see anything like: "IP Interface to use". What about "host:"?? [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I'm confused.  Are you looking at Configuration | MercuryS?</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft