Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus crash when opening my identity

[quote user="feydaykyn"]

Hi everyone,

I have 2 identities : admin and neos, the first I never use, the second is my main.

Recently I've had my first laptop, so I copied the identities files from my stationary pc to my laptop and from my laptop to my pc, so that i keep the two synchronised.

It has worked perfectly well during 3 months but now I can't open the neos identity neither in the pc or the laptop. Meanwhile, the admin identity works perfectly well. I have no error message, only "this program doesn't respond" when I right-click "close"

Pegasus seems to crash when opening the new mail folder, just after having logged in. I changed the Pegasus.ini files so what "Open new mail folder at startup"= N but it still tries to open new mails at startup.

I must say I have a few "mail filtering rules" activated at different moments, when downloading mails and when opening folders. Actually, the very last time I succeeded in using the neos identity, it crashed when it was filtering new mails (20 or so).

I welcome everyone !

Many thanks

p.s :  sorry for my broken english, I'm a poor frenchy :-)

[/quote]

Did you synchronize the new mail files as well on both the laptop and pc. Most likely there is a message that is corrupt and prebvents Pegasua Mail from opening.

- Move all *.cnm files to a save place out of the New Mail Directory
- restart Pegasus Mail
- Move the files back in, one at the time. The one that crashes Pegasus Mail is the problem and should be deleted.

[quote user="feydaykyn"]<p>Hi everyone,</p><p>I have 2 identities : admin and neos, the first I never use, the second is my main.</p><p>Recently I've had my first laptop, so I copied the identities files from my stationary pc to my laptop and from my laptop to my pc, so that i keep the two synchronised.</p><p>It has worked perfectly well during 3 months but now I can't open the neos identity neither in the pc or the laptop. Meanwhile, the admin identity works perfectly well. I have no error message, only "this program doesn't respond" when I right-click "close" </p><p>Pegasus seems to crash when opening the new mail folder, just after having logged in. I changed the Pegasus.ini files so what "Open new mail folder at startup"= N but it still tries to open new mails at startup.</p><p>I must say I have a few "mail filtering rules" activated at different moments, when downloading mails and when opening folders. Actually, the very last time I succeeded in using the neos identity, it crashed when it was filtering new mails (20 or so).</p><p> I welcome everyone !</p><p>Many thanks</p><p>p.s :  sorry for my broken english, I'm a poor frenchy :-) </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Did you synchronize the new mail files as well on both the laptop and pc. Most likely there is a message that is corrupt and prebvents Pegasua Mail from opening.</p><p>- Move all *.cnm files to a save place out of the New Mail Directory - restart Pegasus Mail - Move the files back in, one at the time. The one that crashes Pegasus Mail is the problem and should be deleted. </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Hi everyone,

I have 2 identities : admin and neos, the first I never use, the second is my main.

Recently I've had my first laptop, so I copied the identities files from my stationary pc to my laptop and from my laptop to my pc, so that i keep the two synchronised.

It has worked perfectly well during 3 months but now I can't open the neos identity neither in the pc or the laptop. Meanwhile, the admin identity works perfectly well. I have no error message, only "this program doesn't respond" when I right-click "close"

Pegasus seems to crash when opening the new mail folder, just after having logged in. I changed the Pegasus.ini files so what "Open new mail folder at startup"= N but it still tries to open new mails at startup.

I must say I have a few "mail filtering rules" activated at different moments, when downloading mails and when opening folders. Actually, the very last time I succeeded in using the neos identity, it crashed when it was filtering new mails (20 or so).

I welcome everyone !

Many thanks

p.s :  sorry for my broken english, I'm a poor frenchy :-) 

<p>Hi everyone,</p><p>I have 2 identities : admin and neos, the first I never use, the second is my main.</p><p>Recently I've had my first laptop, so I copied the identities files from my stationary pc to my laptop and from my laptop to my pc, so that i keep the two synchronised.</p><p>It has worked perfectly well during 3 months but now I can't open the neos identity neither in the pc or the laptop. Meanwhile, the admin identity works perfectly well. I have no error message, only "this program doesn't respond" when I right-click "close" </p><p>Pegasus seems to crash when opening the new mail folder, just after having logged in. I changed the Pegasus.ini files so what "Open new mail folder at startup"= N but it still tries to open new mails at startup.</p><p>I must say I have a few "mail filtering rules" activated at different moments, when downloading mails and when opening folders. Actually, the very last time I succeeded in using the neos identity, it crashed when it was filtering new mails (20 or so).</p><p> I welcome everyone !</p><p>Many thanks</p><p>p.s :  sorry for my broken english, I'm a poor frenchy :-) </p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft