Community Discussions and Support
redirecting mail

Thanks,  That was the issue.  I've now set up (once I got NAT working over satellite connection... grrr) MercuryS to handle incoming mail and that (including forwarding) is working as it should.  Is it also true that local email won't be forwarded by this method either?

Thanks again.    -Guy 

<p>Thanks,  That was the issue.  I've now set up (once I got NAT working over satellite connection... grrr) MercuryS to handle incoming mail and that (including forwarding) is working as it should.  Is it also true that local email won't be forwarded by this method either?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks again.    -Guy </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Hi,

I would like to know, how to make Mercury send a copy of each receive

mail for specific user to another mail account on a different mail

server.

Cheers,

Toncho

Hi, I would like to know, how to make Mercury send a copy of each receive mail for specific user to another mail account on a different mail server. Cheers, Toncho

[quote user="toncho11"]Hi,

I would like to know, how to make Mercury send a copy of each receive

mail for specific user to another mail account on a different mail

server.

Cheers,

Toncho[/quote]

A couple of ways.

1,    Setup a Mercury/32 rule kooking for this users address and then forward the mail to the new address.

2.    Set up a FORWARD file in this users account to forward the mail to the new account.  You need to turn on file based forwarding in Mercury/32 for this to work. 

<p>[quote user="toncho11"]Hi, I would like to know, how to make Mercury send a copy of each receive mail for specific user to another mail account on a different mail server. Cheers, Toncho[/quote]</p><p>A couple of ways.</p><p>1,    Setup a Mercury/32 rule kooking for this users address and then forward the mail to the new address.</p><p>2.    Set up a FORWARD file in this users account to forward the mail to the new account.  You need to turn on file based forwarding in Mercury/32 for this to work. </p><p> </p>

Perhaps I should have started a new thread but it seems appropriate here.  I've set up forwarding in Merc/32 and all seems to go well until Mercury E tries to transmit the forwarded copy.  The trasmissions are being rejected by the receiving servers due to non fully-qualified FROM addresses.  Merc E is only sending the user name and not appending the domain.  The domain is entered properly in the SMTP server general config and Merc core config.  

I've spent some time in the manual & experimenting but have not yet found the solution.  FYI, normal email transmission from Pegasus via the same server works just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks   -Guy "geyser"

BTW:  I love the new community forum!  Kudos to all responsible.

Perhaps I should have started a new thread but it seems appropriate here.  I've set up forwarding in Merc/32 and all seems to go well until Mercury E tries to transmit the forwarded copy.  The trasmissions are being rejected by the receiving servers due to non fully-qualified FROM addresses.  Merc E is only sending the user name and not appending the domain.  The domain is entered properly in the SMTP server general config and Merc core config.   I've spent some time in the manual & experimenting but have not yet found the solution.  FYI, normal email transmission from Pegasus via the same server works just fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks   -Guy "geyser" BTW:  I love the new community forum!  Kudos to all responsible.

[quote user="Geyser"]Perhaps I should have started a new thread but it seems appropriate here.  I've set up forwarding in Merc/32 and all seems to go well until Mercury E tries to transmit the forwarded copy.  The trasmissions are being rejected by the receiving servers due to non fully-qualified FROM addresses.  Merc E is only sending the user name and not appending the domain.  The domain is entered properly in the SMTP server general config and Merc core config.  

I've spent some time in the manual & experimenting but have not yet found the solution.  FYI, normal email transmission from Pegasus via the same server works just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks   -Guy "geyser"

BTW:  I love the new community forum!  Kudos to all responsible.[/quote]

If mail is delivered with the X-Envelope-To: header showing a simple username then that's what the MAIL FROM: address will be when it's forwarded by Mercury/32.  To keep this from happening you need to ensure that any account that will be forwarded always has mail delivered showing a full SMTP email address in this header.  This means you cannot have mail delivered by MercuryD by placing the username in the username field.  This field needs to be blank and an alias used if required so that core delivers the mail to the correct account.

Actually I much prefer the push of the mailing lists over the forum but then different strokes for different folks.  If these were not forwarded to my email account I'd never see them.  ;_)

<p>[quote user="Geyser"]Perhaps I should have started a new thread but it seems appropriate here.  I've set up forwarding in Merc/32 and all seems to go well until Mercury E tries to transmit the forwarded copy.  The trasmissions are being rejected by the receiving servers due to non fully-qualified FROM addresses.  Merc E is only sending the user name and not appending the domain.  The domain is entered properly in the SMTP server general config and Merc core config.   I've spent some time in the manual & experimenting but have not yet found the solution.  FYI, normal email transmission from Pegasus via the same server works just fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks   -Guy "geyser" BTW:  I love the new community forum!  Kudos to all responsible.[/quote]</p><p> If mail is delivered with the X-Envelope-To: header showing a simple username then that's what the MAIL FROM: address will be when it's forwarded by Mercury/32.  To keep this from happening you need to ensure that any account that will be forwarded always has mail delivered showing a full SMTP email address in this header.  This means you cannot have mail delivered by MercuryD by placing the username in the username field.  This field needs to be blank and an alias used if required so that core delivers the mail to the correct account.</p><p> Actually I much prefer the push of the mailing lists over the forum but then different strokes for different folks.  If these were not forwarded to my email account I'd never see them.  ;_)</p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft