Pegasus Mail FAQ
Configuring Pegasus Mail as mailer for Internet Explorer

[quote user="modicr"]

Hello!

I have IE7 installed and the above instructions work for "mailto:" hyperlinks. But what about right click on picture - there is an option to send an image via email. If I select it, a dialog named "Choose profile" is displayed, where only Outlook can be selected (it seems that this is related to MAPI). Is there a simple way to set Pegasus Mail as default here, too?

Thanks, Roman

[/quote]

This utility plus Martin's MAPI library might help. Take a look at the instructions for the latter first.

[quote user="modicr"]<p>Hello!</p> <p> I have IE7 installed and the above instructions work for "mailto:" hyperlinks. But what about right click on picture - there is an option to send an image via email. If I select it, a dialog named "Choose profile" is displayed, where only Outlook can be selected (it seems that this is related to MAPI). Is there a simple way to set Pegasus Mail as default here, too?</p> <p> Thanks, Roman</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>This <a href="/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry13613.aspx" target="_blank" mce_href="/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry13613.aspx">utility</a> plus <a href="/files/folders/pegadd/entry13704.aspx" target="_blank" mce_href="/files/folders/pegadd/entry13704.aspx">Martin's MAPI library</a> might help. Take a look at the instructions for the latter first. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

How do I configure Pegasus Mail for Windows as the mail client for Internet Explorer or Netscape or Opera?

For Internet Explorer

Configuring Pegasus Mail for Win32 (WinPMail/32) as the mail client for Internet Explorer can be done in several ways.

• When installing or re-installing WinPMail/32, there is a checkbox option within the Select Components screen of the installation wizard to "Install as mailer for MS Internet Explorer".

• Alternatively, you can run WinPMail/32 and go to the Tools -> Options menu item, click on the Hyperlinks category on the left side of the Options dialog and then click on the System Mailer... button near the bottom right of the dialog. Once you've done this, you also have to run MS Internet Explorer and click on the Tools -> Internet Options menu item (or just run the Internet control panel applet), then click on the Programs tab and select Pegasus Mail in the e-mail client drop-down list.

For Netscape Navigator

John Navas created a utility called NSProto to configure Netscape Navigator to use Pegasus Mail as its mail client: http://navasgrp.home.att.net/winpmail/index.htm

For Opera

Open Opera's Tools | Preferences | Advanced | Programs page, doubleclick the mailto protocol line and enter the following command line into the Open with other application edit control after enabling it via its checkbox:

"X:\Programs\Pegasus Mail\wsendto.exe" mailto:%t?subject=%s&body=%m

where X:\Programs\Pegasus Mail\ must be the path to Pegasus Mail's main installation directory which is also the one containing wsendto.exe. Take care to include the double quotes especially if the installation path contains blank spaces!

If you use the button for browsing to wsendto.exe you have to enter the command mailto:%t?subject=%s&body=%m manually: Don't forget to add a blank space between the file path and the command!
<P><I>How do I configure Pegasus Mail for Windows as the mail client for Internet Explorer or Netscape or Opera?</I></P><P><B>For Internet Explorer</B></P><P>Configuring Pegasus Mail for Win32 (WinPMail/32) as the mail client for Internet Explorer can be done in several ways. <UL><LI>When installing or re-installing WinPMail/32, there is a checkbox option within the Select Components screen of the installation wizard to "Install as mailer for MS Internet Explorer".   <LI>Alternatively, you can run WinPMail/32 and go to the Tools -> Options menu item, click on the Hyperlinks category on the left side of the Options dialog and then click on the System Mailer... button near the bottom right of the dialog. Once you've done this, you also have to run MS Internet Explorer and click on the Tools -> Internet Options menu item (or just run the Internet control panel applet), then click on the Programs tab and select Pegasus Mail in the e-mail client drop-down list.</LI></UL><P><B>For Netscape Navigator</B></P><P>John Navas created a utility called NSProto to configure Netscape Navigator to use Pegasus Mail as its mail client: <A href="http://navasgrp.home.att.net/winpmail/index.htm" mce_href="http://navasgrp.home.att.net/winpmail/index.htm">http://navasgrp.home.att.net/winpmail/index.htm</A></P> <STRONG>For Opera</STRONG> Open Opera's <I>Tools | Preferences | Advanced | Programs</I> page, doubleclick the <I>mailto</I> protocol line and enter the following command line into the <I>Open with other application</I> edit control after enabling it via its checkbox: "X:\Programs\Pegasus Mail\wsendto.exe" mailto:%t?subject=%s&body=%m where <I>X:\Programs\Pegasus Mail\</I> must be the path to Pegasus Mail's main installation directory which is also the one containing <I>wsendto.exe</I>. Take care to include the double quotes especially if the installation path contains blank spaces! If you use the button for browsing to <I>wsendto.exe</I> you have to enter the command <I>mailto:%t?subject=%s&body=%m</I> manually: Don't forget to add a blank space between the file path and the command!

Setting Pegasus also as the default mailer from Microsoft Office is not possible, I believe, or is it?

I'm very glad to see these forums, by the way. Keep up the good work! 

<p>Setting Pegasus also as the default mailer from Microsoft Office is not possible, I believe, or is it?</p><p>I'm very glad to see these forums, by the way. Keep up the good work! </p>

Check out Ian Gibbons' Send To Pegasus utility. Very nice, and very configurable.

"Send

To Pegasus is a program which provides an interface between Microsoft

Word / Excel and Pegasus Mail for Windows."

http://www.gibbons.me.uk/SendToPegasus/

<p>Check out Ian Gibbons' Send To Pegasus utility. Very nice, and very configurable.</p><p>"<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Send To Pegasus is a program which provides an interface between Microsoft Word / Excel and Pegasus Mail for Windows."</font> </p><p>http://www.gibbons.me.uk/SendToPegasus/</p>

Hello!

I have IE7 installed and the above instructions work for "mailto:" hyperlinks. But what about right click on picture - there is an option to send an image via email. If I select it, a dialog named "Choose profile" is displayed, where only Outlook can be selected (it seems that this is related to MAPI). Is there a simple way to set Pegasus Mail as default here, too?

Thanks, Roman

<P>Hello!</P> <P> I have IE7 installed and the above instructions work for "mailto:" hyperlinks. But what about right click on picture - there is an option to send an image via email. If I select it, a dialog named "Choose profile" is displayed, where only Outlook can be selected (it seems that this is related to MAPI). Is there a simple way to set Pegasus Mail as default here, too?</P> <P> Thanks, Roman</P>

Hmm! I quick-replied (using Maxthon) to the above message and I cannot see the reply. OTOH, I can see this thread in "my discussions" list ...

Regards, Roman

Hmm! I quick-replied (using Maxthon) to the above message and I cannot see the reply. OTOH, I can see this thread in "my discussions" list ... Regards, Roman
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft