Community Discussions and Support
Check if account exist before sending local mails

ok thanks for info.

i'm using spamhalter and it define the most of them as spam.

<P>ok thanks for info.</P> <P> i'm using spamhalter and it define the most of them as spam.</P>

Hi,

its able to check if the useraccount exist before anybody can send to an other local user ? because i have set a rule so that mail accept from localhost with a default-user or system-user account from my forum, message-system etc. but mercury accept mails from not-existing local users. how i can change this ? so it require a existing user with password before it can send anything.

<P>Hi,</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P> its able to check if the useraccount exist before anybody can send to an other local user ? because i have set a rule so that mail accept from localhost with a default-user or system-user account from my forum, message-system etc. but mercury accept mails from not-existing local users. how i can change this ? so it require a existing user with password before it can send anything.</P>

[quote user="Heini_net"]

Hi,

its able to check if the useraccount exist before anybody can send to an other local user ? because i have set a rule so that mail accept from localhost with a default-user or system-user account from my forum, message-system etc. but mercury accept mails from not-existing local users. how i can change this ? so it require a existing user with password before it can send anything.

[/quote]

Not sure what you mean here but if receiving mail via MercuryS you can tell it not to receive nail for non-local users.
You need to uncheck "Accept mail for invalid local addresses" 

[quote user="Heini_net"]<p>Hi,</p> <p mce_keep="true"> </p> <p> its able to check if the useraccount exist before anybody can send to an other local user ? because i have set a rule so that mail accept from localhost with a default-user or system-user account from my forum, message-system etc. but mercury accept mails from not-existing local users. how i can change this ? so it require a existing user with password before it can send anything.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Not sure what you mean here but if receiving mail via MercuryS you can tell it not to receive nail for non-local users. You need to uncheck "Accept mail for invalid local addresses"   </p>

I'm sure that i have unchecked the "Accept mail for invalid local adresses" option.. i dont know why i get Messages from invalod local adresses... but i check it again today evening, when i'm at home.

I'm sure that i have unchecked the "Accept mail for invalid local adresses" option.. i dont know why i get Messages from invalod local adresses... but i check it again today evening, when i'm at home.

[quote user="Heini_net"]I'm sure that i have unchecked the "Accept mail for invalid local adresses" option.. i dont know why i get Messages from invalod local adresses... but i check it again today evening, when i'm at home.[/quote]

You are always going to get mail FROM invalid email addresses, including your own.   This is typical of spammers.  THere is no way to block on the From: address except via filtering and that's more trouble than it's worth.

<p>[quote user="Heini_net"]I'm sure that i have unchecked the "Accept mail for invalid local adresses" option.. i dont know why i get Messages from invalod local adresses... but i check it again today evening, when i'm at home.[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>You are always going to get mail FROM invalid email addresses, including your own.   This is typical of spammers.  THere is no way to block on the From: address except via filtering and that's more trouble than it's worth. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft