Community Discussions and Support
New Template that will forward an email as an attachment

I'm needing some help because I am rewriting an old template that I've used and here's what I need it to do.

Most people nowadays are using HTML mail. Previously when I send user mail with important headers to a support group, all I needed to do was append the message inline.

But now, I've decided that I'd rather click on a mail, and have a template that will pop up which will forward the mail as an attachment, including any of its attachment.

=== (appending a message inline)

include message 0 keyheaders

===

I don't want the email message inline, I want it attached. It will have included instructions and will be sent to appropriate help contacts.

=== (attaching an attachment from disk, not what I want)

string v1 ";4.pdf;tone.pdf;design.pdf" "Which file?" 0 list

set to = ~f
set subject = "Your Instructions"
set confirm-reading = "N"
set copyself = "N"

insert "~z"
insert "Thank you for your message.~z~z"
insert "The attached files will help you with your inquiry.~z"
insert "If you have further questions, just respond to this message.~z"
((((((etc)))))))

include c:\pmail\mail\dig\tonehelp.txt 0
attach "c:\\docs\\etch\\~vv1~"
===

So again, I want to click a mail message and raise a template where that mail message will be attached and forwarded to the help group. The Pegasus Mail help files allow the message to be added inline but that will break attachments like photographs, etc.

I know how to forward emails as an attachment with added text, but then doing so the manual way, I have to choose the addresses for the TO line, and also must paste a template of information about the attached mail into the new email.

What I really want is a template, so the intended groups can be chosen from the drop down, and a greeting will be inserted, introducing the attached message and further inserted text will request help resources to reply directly to the attached mail.

The only part I cannot figure out, is what string of text to put into the template, that will attach the original message. I have no problem formatting the outgoing inserted text.

Thanks for help with the template!

Jahn

<p>I'm needing some help because I am rewriting an old template that I've used and here's what I need it to do.</p><p>Most people nowadays are using HTML mail. Previously when I send user mail with important headers to a support group, all I needed to do was append the message inline. </p><p>But now, I've decided that I'd rather click on a mail, and have a template that will pop up which will forward the mail as an attachment, including any of its attachment.</p><p>=== (appending a message inline) include message 0 keyheaders === </p><p> I don't want the email message inline, I want it attached. It will have included instructions and will be sent to appropriate help contacts.</p><p> </p><p>=== (attaching an attachment from disk, not what I want)</p><p>string v1 ";4.pdf;tone.pdf;design.pdf" "Which file?" 0 list set to = ~f set subject = "Your Instructions" set confirm-reading = "N" set copyself = "N" insert "~z" insert "Thank you for your message.~z~z" insert "The attached files will help you with your inquiry.~z" insert "If you have further questions, just respond to this message.~z" ((((((etc))))))) </p><p>include c:\pmail\mail\dig\tonehelp.txt 0 attach "c:\\docs\\etch\\~vv1~" ===</p><p> So again, I want to click a mail message and raise a template where that mail message will be attached and forwarded to the help group. The Pegasus Mail help files allow the message to be added inline but that will break attachments like photographs, etc.</p><p>I know how to forward emails as an attachment with added text, but then doing so the manual way, I have to choose the addresses for the TO line, and also must paste a template of information about the attached mail into the new email.</p><p>What I really want is a template, so the intended groups can be chosen from the drop down, and a greeting will be inserted, introducing the attached message and further inserted text will request help resources to reply directly to the attached mail.</p><p> The only part I cannot figure out, is what string of text to put into the template, that will attach the original message. I have no problem formatting the outgoing inserted text. </p><p> Thanks for help with the template!</p><p> Jahn </p><p> </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft