Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Opening Multiple Folders in Preview Mode

I came across an issue this week that surprised me. We have a new member of staff who started just a couple of weeks ago. She uses Preview mode to view her messages but sometimes double-clicks a folder to open it in its own window. She reported that her Main Folder was giving an error when closing Pegasus Mail - it was the usual issue that can be fixed by re-indexing. I was surprised because there is not a lot of mail in her Main Folder and this is something that usually only crops up after several months of usage.

When I looked at the list of open windows, her Main Folder had been opened several times. I'm pretty sure her issue was caused by making changes in one window while the others were still open, then later switching to a different Main Folder window and perhaps making other changes there.

In order to avoid this happening again is it possible to force the focus to switch to the window that is already open, rather than opening a second, third and fourth instance? Perhaps it might help prevent folder corruption.

Cheers!

<P>I came across an issue this week that surprised me. We have a new member of staff who started just a couple of weeks ago. She uses Preview mode to view her messages but sometimes double-clicks a folder to open it in its own window. She reported that her Main Folder was giving an error when closing Pegasus Mail - it was the usual issue that can be fixed by re-indexing. I was surprised because there is not a lot of mail in her Main Folder and this is something that usually only crops up after several months of usage.</P> <P>When I looked at the list of open windows, her Main Folder had been opened several times. I'm pretty sure her issue was caused by making changes in one window while the others were still open, then later switching to a different Main Folder window and perhaps making other changes there.</P> <P>In order to avoid this happening again is it possible to force the focus to switch to the window that is already open, rather than opening a second, third and fourth instance? Perhaps it might help prevent folder corruption.</P> <P>Cheers!</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft