Community Discussions and Support
Help with filters - I need to add an inline character to each line before forwarding

I would suggest the following *relatively* simple method.

1. Detect incoming mail that meets the triggering requirement (subject/from/body-content) via a NewMail rule.

2. Forward the message to a noticeboard via a second Newmail rule, with same trigger requirement. This step is needed to create a discrete file.

This creates a message file with filetype *.cnb.

3. A third rule, with same trigger requirement, to delete the message from NewMail.  

4. Run a program to detect this new message (type) and rewrite the message suitably fixed up.

5. move (not copy) the message back to the NewMail directory. 

Martin 

<p>I would suggest the following *relatively* simple method.</p><p> </p><p>1. Detect incoming mail that meets the triggering requirement (subject/from/body-content) via a NewMail rule. </p><p>2. Forward the message to a noticeboard via a second Newmail rule, with same trigger requirement. This step is needed to create a discrete file.</p><p>   This creates a message file with filetype *.cnb. </p><p> 3. A third rule, with same trigger requirement, to delete the message from NewMail.   </p><p>4. Run a program to detect this new message (type) and rewrite the message suitably fixed up.</p><p>5. move (not copy) the message back to the NewMail directory. </p><p> </p><p>Martin </p>

Hi,

I need to program a filter that when it receives an e-mail, it adds in inline character (similar to when you forward an e-mail) and then sends forwards that e-mail to another e-mail address. It all needs to be automated.

Example, I want an e-mail that looks like this:

Lead from MLS

Will look like this:

>Lead from MLS

>845856

>845692

>867451

The reason being, that we use a lead routing system, that when a customer e-mails it gets sent through the routing system to an agent. The program strips out all of the html in an e-mail and it can't read those three numbers as seperate. It just sees them as a long string of numbers that it can't process. So I need a way to either add a character to each line.

Any thoughts,

Jason

www.CBMaine.com

<P>Hi,</P> <P> I need to program a filter that when it receives an e-mail, it adds in inline character (similar to when you forward an e-mail) and then sends forwards that e-mail to another e-mail address. It all needs to be automated. </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Example, I want an e-mail that looks like this:</P> <P> Lead from MLS</P> <P>845856</P> <P>845692</P> <P>867451</P> <P> Will look like this:</P> <P>>Lead from MLS</P> <P>>845856</P> <P>>845692</P> <P>>867451</P> <P>The reason being, that we use a lead routing system, that when a customer e-mails it gets sent through the routing system to an agent. The program strips out all of the html in an e-mail and it can't read those three numbers as seperate. It just sees them as a long string of numbers that it can't process. So I need a way to either add a character to each line.</P> <P> Any thoughts,</P> <P> Jason</P> <P>www.CBMaine.com</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft