Community Discussions and Support
Date format

According to RFC 2822 (the governing RFC for mail message formats) the Date you have quoted is

a valid date. The "(GMT +01:00)" should be ignored since it is syntactically a comment.  Pegasus, however,

doesn't appear to parse it correctly.

Bob.

<p>According to RFC 2822 (the governing RFC for mail message formats) the Date you have quoted is </p><p>a valid date. The "(GMT +01:00)" should be ignored since it is syntactically a comment.  Pegasus, however, </p><p>doesn't appear to parse it correctly.</p><p> </p><p>Bob.</p><p> </p>

I know that date formats have caused headaches over the years, but recently I've noticed Pegasus Mail 4.41 has a problem with date headers in this format:

Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:36:24 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

and cannot display the time correctly in the folder message list.

I know that the information in brackets is redundant, but is this format incorrect?

<P>I know that date formats have caused headaches over the years, but recently I've noticed Pegasus Mail 4.41 has a problem with date headers in this format:</P><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" color=#0000ff> <P>Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:36:24 +0100 (GMT+01:00) </P></FONT> <P>and cannot display the time correctly in the folder message list.</P> <P>I know that the information in brackets is redundant, but is this format incorrect?</P>

Pmail seems to be *very* picky about date formats.  Even omitting the +/- from the hour offset is enough to screw things up.  Mixing old and new date specifications sometimes causes trouble, and sometimes not.

David, this is one area that I hope you can rework to be a bit more forgiving in Version 5.

<p>Pmail seems to be *very* picky about date formats.  Even omitting the +/- from the hour offset is enough to screw things up.  Mixing old and new date specifications sometimes causes trouble, and sometimes not.</p><p>David, this is one area that I hope you can rework to be a bit more forgiving in Version 5. </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft