Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Printing option

Thank you, very good advice concerning the usage of BearHTML. I always have the latest version running, but did not know about that key combination.

However, concerning my initial post, I prefer to have most of my e-mails displayed "fancy", therefore I have the "display the fancy version"-option turned on, but when printing, I generally prefer plain text, where this very same option is in the way.

lazy

Thank you, very good advice concerning the usage of BearHTML. I always have the latest version running, but did not know about that key combination. However, concerning my initial post, I prefer to have most of my e-mails displayed "fancy", therefore I have the "display the fancy version"-option turned on, but when printing, I generally prefer plain text, where this very same option is in the way. lazy

Dear Developers

I have a suggestion for the message printing function.

Currently, whether the plain version or the HTML version of a message is printed, depends on the setting "Where a choice of format exists, display the fancy version" in the "Tools|Options|Incoming mail|Message reader" dialog.

Pegasus does NOT print what the user has displayed on screen, e.g. by hitting the "V" key to switch between the alternative versions of a message.

There are often situations when you may want to change the printing behavior depending on the nature of the message, i.e. on a case-by-base basis (I do not always want to see the fancy font choice of my colleague on the paper... But sometimes I do want to print graphics and text formatting, if it is important).

Here are my suggestions:

Either

1) Make Pegasus Mail print the version that is currently displayed, so that the user can influence the printing behavior easily by hitting the "V" key.

Or

2) Introduce a checkbox/radiobutton into the print dialog that says "Print HTML version (if present)" or "Print plain text version only".

If both are not possible, it would be nice to amend the "Options" dialog settings to "Where a choice of format exists, display and always print the fancy version" to make it clear to the user.

Thank you very much!

lazy

Dear Developers I have a suggestion for the message printing function. Currently, whether the plain version or the HTML version of a message is printed, depends on the setting "Where a choice of format exists, display the fancy version" in the "Tools|Options|Incoming mail|Message reader" dialog. Pegasus does NOT print what the user has displayed on screen, e.g. by hitting the "V" key to switch between the alternative versions of a message. There are often situations when you may want to change the printing behavior depending on the nature of the message, i.e. on a case-by-base basis (I do not always want to see the fancy font choice of my colleague on the paper... But sometimes I do want to print graphics and text formatting, if it is important). Here are my suggestions: Either 1) Make Pegasus Mail print the version that is currently displayed, so that the user can influence the printing behavior easily by hitting the "V" key. Or 2) Introduce a checkbox/radiobutton into the print dialog that says "Print HTML version (if present)" or "Print plain text version only". If both are not possible, it would be nice to amend the "Options" dialog settings to "Where a choice of format exists, display <STRONG>and always print</STRONG> the fancy version" to make it clear to the user. Thank you very much! lazy

If you want to print an html message with graphics, you just key in Shift + Ctrl + P and Bearhtml will print it. See the Bearhtl help (Shift + F1) for options available when printing.

Martin 

<p>If you want to print an html message with graphics, you just key in Shift + Ctrl + P and Bearhtml will print it. See the Bearhtl help (Shift + F1) for options available when printing.</p><p> </p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft