Community Discussions and Support
Migrating from Synovel Spicebird

I don't know what kind of files it uses, though it must be the same as Thunderbird since they say if you migrate to Thunderbird you can simply rename your Spicebird subfolder to Thunderbird and all will be well (haven't tried it yet though). However, I understood that TB used *.mbx folders and I can't find any such on my computer. When I look at the Properties of any given folder from within SB this is a typical location it gives:  

mailbox:///C:/Users/Me/AppData/Roaming/Spicebird/Profiles/vpvf0d8y.default/Mail/Local Folders/Inbox

mailbox:///C:/Users/Me/AppData/Roaming/Spicebird/Profiles/vpvf0d8y.default/Mail/Local Folders/Folders.sbd/Work

Does that help? However when I open the C:/Users/Me/AppData/Roaming/Spicebird/Profiles/vpvf0d8y.default    folder in Windows Explorer it doesn't show any further subfolders..... I've jsut checked that again and now they are there!

...So, the deepest embedded sub-folders seem to have two files associated (one without an extension!?) and one with an .msf extension.Folders above that have an .sbd extension.

So, for example, my work folder (mailbox) has an .sbd extension, then within it there are other subfolders with .sbd extensions plus lots of pairs of files one without and extension and one with the .msf extension. The .msf extensions represent subfolders which do not contain any further subfolders within them (just messages, though those can't be seen from Windows Explorer). The .sbd extensions represent folders with another level of subfolders.

Yes, I've noticed there's no calandar/task list capability in Pegasus so I'm still debating what to do - to move to TB and retain that capability (via an add-in I think) but have a whole load of stuff (instant messaging, news feeds.. ) or move to PM (which looks potentially like a better e-mail program) and find another stand-alone calandar/Task list program.

If you can help me do the conversion without too much pain/time-loss the latter may be the more attractive [:D]

<p>I don't know what kind of files it uses, though it must be the same as Thunderbird since they say if you migrate to Thunderbird you can simply rename your Spicebird subfolder to Thunderbird and all will be well (haven't tried it yet though). However, I understood that TB used *.mbx folders and I can't find any such on my computer. When I look at the Properties of any given folder from within SB this is a typical location it gives:   </p><p>              mailbox:///C:/Users/Me/AppData/Roaming/Spicebird/Profiles/vpvf0d8y.default/Mail/Local Folders/Inbox</p><p>              mailbox:///C:/Users/Me/AppData/Roaming/Spicebird/Profiles/vpvf0d8y.default/Mail/Local Folders/Folders.sbd/Work</p><p>Does that help? However when I open the C:/Users/Me/AppData/Roaming/Spicebird/Profiles/vpvf0d8y.default    folder in Windows Explorer it doesn't show any further subfolders..... I've jsut checked that again and now they are there! </p><p>...So, the deepest embedded sub-folders seem to have two files associated (one without an extension!?) and one with an .msf extension.Folders above that have an .sbd extension.</p><p>So, for example, my work folder (mailbox) has an .sbd extension, then within it there are other subfolders with .sbd extensions plus lots of pairs of files one without and extension and one with the .msf extension. The .msf extensions represent subfolders which do not contain any further subfolders within them (just messages, though those can't be seen from Windows Explorer). The .sbd extensions represent folders with another level of subfolders.</p><p> Yes, I've noticed there's no calandar/task list capability in Pegasus so I'm still debating what to do - to move to TB and retain that capability (via an add-in I think) but have a whole load of stuff (instant messaging, news feeds.. ) or move to PM (which looks potentially like a better e-mail program) and find another stand-alone calandar/Task list program. </p><p> If you can help me do the conversion without too much pain/time-loss the latter may be the more attractive [:D] </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

I've just installed Pegasus on my computer and set up my accounts but now I want to import all my folders, address books, etc. from Spicebird. Is it possible? - There aren't any *.mbx files on my computer so do I have to use some sort of conversion program first?

Thanks for any advice.

<p>I've just installed Pegasus on my computer and set up my accounts but now I want to import all my folders, address books, etc. from Spicebird. Is it possible? - There aren't any *.mbx files on my computer so do I have to use some sort of conversion program first?</p><p>Thanks for any advice. </p>

You need to tell us what kind of files Spicebird uses. We maybe able to identify a conversion tool that will help. A Google search shows that Spicebird is based on Mozilla Thunderbird, and its related personal information management applications, so it should be fairly easy to convert. The web site (http://spicebird.org/) says the project has been discontinued. the product apparently offers:

e-mail, calendaring and instant messaging. Pegasus Mail only offers the e-mail at present.

Martin 

<p>You need to tell us what kind of files Spicebird uses. We maybe able to identify a conversion tool that will help. A Google search shows that Spicebird is based on Mozilla Thunderbird, and its related personal information management applications, so it should be fairly easy to convert. The web site (<a href="http://spicebird.org/">http://spicebird.org/</a>) says the project has been discontinued. the product apparently offers: <span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; "> e-mail, calendaring and instant messaging. Pegasus Mail only offers the e-mail at present.</span></p><p>Martin </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft