Community Discussions and Support
Deleted messages folder

The editor we use is probably trying to be "helpful" with things like RTL layout because it detects the Hebrew IME on the system.

I *believe* there is a switch I can use to disable automatic RTL detection; If I have a chance, I'll try to make it available in the next update (which is probably a few weeks away now).

Cheers!

-- David --

The editor we use is probably trying to be "helpful" with things like RTL layout because it detects the Hebrew IME on the system. I *believe* there is a switch I can use to disable automatic RTL detection; If I have a chance, I'll try to make it available in the next update (which is probably a few weeks away now). Cheers! -- David --

My deleted messages folder has ceased to exist.  Any suggestions as to how to get it back?

My deleted messages folder has ceased to exist.  Any suggestions as to how to get it back?

If there are no messages in the Deleted folder when you start Pmail, the folder does not appear in the Folders pane.  As soon as you delete a message, it should appear.

<p>If there are no messages in the Deleted folder when you start Pmail, the folder does not appear in the Folders pane.  As soon as you delete a message, it should appear.  </p>

I wish it was that easy.  It never comes back.  Thus, when I delete a message, it is gone!.  I am aware of the tools category and marki8ng the deleted items folder to remain or disappear between sessions.  With me, it just vanished one day, never to reappear.

I wish it was that easy.  It never comes back.  Thus, when I delete a message, it is gone!.  I am aware of the tools category and marki8ng the deleted items folder to remain or disappear between sessions.  With me, it just vanished one day, never to reappear.

You need to ensure that 'Preserve deleted messages until Pegasus closes' is checked in Tools->Options->Basic settings.

You need to ensure that 'Preserve deleted messages until Pegasus closes' is checked in Tools->Options->Basic settings.

[quote user="mitchell"]I wish it was that easy.  It never comes back.  Thus, when I delete a message, it is gone!.  I am aware of the tools category and marki8ng the deleted items folder to remain or disappear between sessions.  With me, it just vanished one day, never to reappear.[/quote]

How if you uncheck " 'Deleted Messages' folder to persist between sessions", quit the program, restart the program, check " 'Deleted Messages' folder to persist between sessions" and then delete a message? Does it appear then?

<p>[quote user="mitchell"]I wish it was that easy.  It never comes back.  Thus, when I delete a message, it is gone!.  I am aware of the tools category and marki8ng the deleted items folder to remain or disappear between sessions.  With me, it just vanished one day, never to reappear.[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>How if you uncheck " 'Deleted Messages' folder to persist between sessions", quit the program, restart the program, check " 'Deleted Messages' folder to persist between sessions" and then delete a message? Does it appear then?</p>

[quote user="mitchell"]My deleted messages folder has ceased to exist.  Any suggestions as to how to get it back?[/quote]

Are you sure you haven't just moved it somewhere? It's actually quite a common thing for people to drag the folder inadvertently into a tray somewhere (I've seen it four or five times in the last month)...

Failing that, there may be an error in a Pegasus Mail system file called HIERARCH.PM: while Pegasus Mail is NOT running, edit the file using a text editor (make sure wordwrap is turned OFF when you do this) and delete any line starting with "0, 256" (make sure you ONLY delete those lines, not any others). That should fix it.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="mitchell"]My deleted messages folder has ceased to exist.  Any suggestions as to how to get it back?[/quote] Are you sure you haven't just moved it somewhere? It's actually quite a common thing for people to drag the folder inadvertently into a tray somewhere (I've seen it four or five times in the last month)... Failing that, there may be an error in a Pegasus Mail system file called HIERARCH.PM: while Pegasus Mail is NOT running, edit the file using a text editor (make sure wordwrap is turned OFF when you do this) and delete any line starting with "0, 256" (make sure you ONLY delete those lines, not any others). That should fix it. Cheers! -- David --

That solved the problem, David.  Thanks!  Now do you have any idea why things go haywire with punctuation and sentence order when we use windows xp with Hebrew and pegasus 4.1--we had a few problems with the earlier version, but now it's getting very difficult.

That solved the problem, David.  Thanks!  Now do you have any idea why things go haywire with punctuation and sentence order when we use windows xp with Hebrew and pegasus 4.1--we had a few problems with the earlier version, but now it's getting very difficult.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft