Extension development
AOL email problems - Looking for an extension to Mercury

Yes I use mail merge too. This becomes easy for me to indentify emails

Android Games

Free Android Games

<p>Yes I use mail merge too. This becomes easy for me to indentify emails</p> <p> </p> <a mce_href="http://www.gamesfreeforandroid.com" href="http://www.gamesfreeforandroid.com"><font color="#ffffff">Android Games</font></a><font color="#ffffff"> </font><a mce_href="http://www.gamesfreeforandroid.com" href="http://www.gamesfreeforandroid.com"><font color="#ffffff">Free Android Games</font></a><font color="#ffffff"> </font>

We send a lot of email to AOL users who have all optedin to receiving email from us.  However, there are times that an AOL user clicks on the "call this spam" button, which then results in us receiving an email from AOL(feeback loop).

The problem is, that because of privacy concerns, they do not give us the AOL email address that reported our email as spam. (really helpful (NOT)).  They do, however, give us the message ID of the email that was clicked on.

Since most of our emails are sent to multiple email addresses (usually in BCC), we cannot determine what email address the email was sent to...

So, what I am asking for is an extension that will take an email that has AOL addresses in the BCC or CC (or has multiple addresses in the To: field, sets up a separate email to each of the AOL email addresses(To:), and removes them from the original email, resulting in  a complete email to each AOL address, so that when AOL sends us back a feeback loop, we can look up the message ID and find the email address being sent to.

Make sense?

Thanks for any help!

<p>We send a lot of email to AOL users who have all optedin to receiving email from us.  However, there are times that an AOL user clicks on the "call this spam" button, which then results in us receiving an email from AOL(feeback loop).</p><p> </p><p>The problem is, that because of privacy concerns, they do not give us the AOL email address that reported our email as spam. (really helpful (NOT)).  They do, however, give us the message ID of the email that was clicked on.</p><p> </p><p>Since most of our emails are sent to multiple email addresses (usually in BCC), we cannot determine what email address the email was sent to...</p><p> </p><p>So, what I am asking for is an extension that will take an email that has AOL addresses in the BCC or CC (or has multiple addresses in the To: field, sets up a separate email to each of the AOL email addresses(To:), and removes them from the original email, resulting in  a complete email to each AOL address, so that when AOL sends us back a feeback loop, we can look up the message ID and find the email address being sent to.</p><p> </p><p>Make sense?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for any help!</p><p> </p>

[quote user="mcorrow"]

We send a lot of email to AOL users who have all optedin to receiving email from us.  However, there are times that an AOL user clicks on the "call this spam" button, which then results in us receiving an email from AOL(feeback loop).

[chop]

So, what I am asking for is an extension that will take an email that has AOL addresses in the BCC or CC (or has multiple addresses in the To: field, sets up a separate email to each of the AOL email addresses(To:), and removes them from the original email, resulting in  a complete email to each AOL address, so that when AOL sends us back a feeback loop, we can look up the message ID and find the email address being sent to.

[/quote]

While I don't know if there is such an extension in Mercury, I have had success in identifying such AOL addresses by using Mail Merge in Pegasus Mail (F1 | Index | Merge).

KSQR

<p>[quote user="mcorrow"]</p><p>We send a lot of email to AOL users who have all optedin to receiving email from us.  However, there are times that an AOL user clicks on the "call this spam" button, which then results in us receiving an email from AOL(feeback loop).</p><p></p><p>[chop] </p> So, what I am asking for is an extension that will take an email that has AOL addresses in the BCC or CC (or has multiple addresses in the To: field, sets up a separate email to each of the AOL email addresses(To:), and removes them from the original email, resulting in  a complete email to each AOL address, so that when AOL sends us back a feeback loop, we can look up the message ID and find the email address being sent to.<p> [/quote]</p><p>While I don't know if there is such an extension in Mercury,<i> </i>I have had success in identifying such AOL addresses by using Mail Merge in Pegasus Mail (F1 | Index | Merge).</p><p>KSQR </p><p> </p>

Is there any reason not using mailinglists for those mails?

When using mailinglists Mercury's MAISER is capable / may be configured to send an individual mail to every member of that mailinglist with an individual return-path. Mercury remembers that return-path and for which mailadress it was generated. On return of an errormessage on that return-path you may configure the mailinglist to remove or deactivate the involved mailadress from the list - automatically. For shure there is more load on Mercury, but would be a simple solution.

<p>Is there any reason not using mailinglists for those mails?</p><p>When using mailinglists Mercury's MAISER is capable / may be configured to send an individual mail to every member of that mailinglist with an individual return-path. Mercury remembers that return-path and for which mailadress it was generated. On return of an errormessage on that return-path you may configure the mailinglist to remove or deactivate the involved mailadress from the list - automatically. For shure there is more load on Mercury, but would be a simple solution.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft