Community Discussions and Support
553 We do not relay non-local mail, sorry.

You can also tell MercS to accept 'firstname.lastname' address variants.

It uses the  'personal name' part of the user definition.

<p>You can also tell MercS to accept 'firstname.lastname' address variants.</p><p>It uses the  'personal name' part of the user definition. </p>

Hi,

I have this problem now:

I have a valid user on my mercury mail server, but I have this error all

the time:

"The local mail transport system has reported the following problems

it encountered while trying to deliver your message:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*** myuser@mydomain.com

553 We do not relay non-local mail, sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Your mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this

message."

I just can not imagine what the problem is. I should enable

relaying from non-local users?

I see a loop from postmaster to admin

too.
If  I want a name : firstname.lastname@mydoamin.com what should I do? Create a user 'firstname' and then Alias to it 'firstname.lastname'?

<p>Hi,</p><p>I have this problem now:</p><p> I have a valid user on my mercury mail server, but I have this error all the time: "The local mail transport system has reported the following problems it encountered while trying to deliver your message: ------------------------------------------------------------------- *** <a href="mailto:myuser@mydomain.com" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated">myuser@mydomain.com</a> 553 We do not relay non-local mail, sorry. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Your mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this message." I just can not imagine what the problem is. I should enable relaying from non-local users? </p><p>  I see a loop from postmaster to admin too. If  I want a name : <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@mydoamin.com" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated">firstname.lastname@mydoamin.com</a> what should I do? Create a user 'firstname' and then Alias to it 'firstname.lastname'? </p>

I think a found what was the problem. I had a misconfiguration in the domain section.

I think a found what was the problem. I had a misconfiguration in the domain section.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft