Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Applying filtering rules despite Spamhalter

The "new mail filtering rules" are (comprehensibly) not being applied to mails which have been

moved beforehand by the Bayesian filter (Spamhalter) to its spam

detection folder.

I would appreciate to also have any way to apply some rules to the mails filtered by Spamhalter.

The most flexible solution I could imagine was implementing a rule action for calling another ruleset. Of course I don't know if this is possible by the workflow design of PMail in the first place.

Background:

Besides many new mail filtering rules in order to move incoming

mails to certain folders, I'm using some more rules at the beginning of

the rule set to colorize the mails by their originating mailbox as a

quick and comfortable indicator.

Today I'm using a workaround by triggering an open-folder-ruleset to the Spamhalter folder, which contains the colorization rules duplicated from the new mail filtering ruleset.

As proposed above adding an action to execute another rulesets seems to be an alternative (or even the best?) approach.

Not only then the colorization rules could be exported into a single ruleset, but also the possibility of rulesets calling each other would extend the general flexibility of the whole rule system enormously.

Okay, now I'm starting to dream... ;-)

Well, in the end - as even nowadays there is a functional workaround - this wish shall not be critical anyway.

<p>The "new mail filtering rules" are (comprehensibly) not being applied to mails which have been moved beforehand by the Bayesian filter (Spamhalter) to its spam detection folder.</p><p>I would appreciate to also have any way to apply some rules to the mails filtered by Spamhalter.</p><p>The most flexible solution I could imagine was implementing a rule action for calling another ruleset. Of course I don't know if this is possible by the workflow design of PMail in the first place. </p><p> </p><p>Background:</p><p>Besides many new mail filtering rules in order to move incoming mails to certain folders, I'm using some more rules at the beginning of the rule set to colorize the mails by their originating mailbox as a quick and comfortable indicator.</p><p>Today I'm using a workaround by triggering an open-folder-ruleset to the Spamhalter folder, which contains the colorization rules duplicated from the new mail filtering ruleset.</p><p>As proposed above adding an action to execute another rulesets seems to be an alternative (or even the best?) approach.</p><p>Not only then the colorization rules could be exported into a single ruleset, but also the possibility of rulesets calling each other would extend the general flexibility of the whole rule system enormously. </p><p>Okay, now I'm starting to dream... ;-)</p><p> </p><p>Well, in the end - as even nowadays there is a functional workaround - this wish shall not be critical anyway. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft